The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Thrassian" Ranged Magicka Templar Destro/Destro Build [Greymoor]

Decimus
Decimus
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone, just posting this build here on forums as well in case anyone is interested:
https://youtu.be/CmzXsZIkhVI
  • Ranged Build
  • Up to 7k Spell Damage
  • Extremely bursty

Intro: 00:00
Gear: 00:51
Skills (Main Bar): 04:46
Skills (Off Bar): 08:09
Champion Points: 09:30
Which Race?: 09:37
Stats (CP): 10:42
Stats (noCP): 10:46

Build Editor Link: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=241418

Let me know if you have any questions/feedback regarding the build :)

PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gameplay?
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    Gameplay?

www.twitch.tv/decimushd

He regularly plays this build and i can say that it works well.

Ive been playing a lot of ranged templar lately and its hella fun, although im not using thrassian, even with the ranged playstyle its just too risky for me.
    Edited by Firstmep on July 2, 2020 4:42PM
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gameplay?

Yes; in the background of the video, throughout the entire video after the intro clip :P

Also on the Twitch channel Firstmep mentioned, though I play a lot of other builds as well.

I might upload some BGs with this setup to youtube as well if people are interested though.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Gameplay?

Yes; in the background of the video, throughout the entire video after the intro clip :P

Also on the Twitch channel Firstmep mentioned, though I play a lot of other builds as well.

I might upload some BGs with this setup to youtube as well if people are interested though.

Getting dark flare numbers close to before the nerf?
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only you could stop leaving BGs before they finish - this build would be so good
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gameplay?

That nerf was a while ago, but yes - with enough Thrassian stacks certainly.

Regarding the Dark Flare nerf, I don't think the overall burst of ranged magplar ever got nerfed (even if Dark Flare did), as they massively buffed Aurora Javelin in the same (or one patch later, not sure tbh) patch by making it ignore mitigations.
    If only you could stop leaving BGs before they finish - this build would be so good

I rarely if ever leave BGs on this build.

I do that on other builds I'm trying out because some BGs are simply a waste of time -especially when you have one stacked 4-man group basically 4v1'ing (something you might be familiar with) the less organized teams- time that could be better spent refining builds so they can survive/kill 4 stacked up average players.

Like this build can these days, thanks to hours spent refining and perfecting it.

Feel free to continue tryharding me in BGs, doesn't tend to end too well for you :)
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gameplay?

Regarding the Dark Flare nerf, I don't think the overall burst of ranged magplar ever got nerfed (even if Dark Flare did), as they massively buffed Aurora Javelin in the same (or one patch later, not sure tbh) patch by making it ignore mitigations.

I rarely if ever leave BGs on this build.

I do that on other builds I'm trying out because some BGs are simply a waste of time -especially when you have one stacked 4-man group basically 4v1'ing (something you might be familiar with) the less organized teams- time that could be better spent refining builds so they can survive/kill 4 stacked up average players.

Like this build can these days, thanks to hours spent refining and perfecting it.

Feel free to continue tryharding me in BGs, doesn't tend to end too well for you :)

You're nuts, my flares used to crit 24k. It got directly nerfed twice.
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gameplay?

You're nuts, my flares used to crit 24k. It got directly nerfed twice.

Not out of the realm of possibility (even with Caluurion) in CP, as the tooltip goes up to 23 865 with full stacks (25 741 with continuous assault & scroll buff actually) & the crit modifier would be 92%. Hit the right target, concussion proc from shock glyph...

I'd say it's very unlikely to see those kinda numbers though, atleast without adjusting the build to be more towards max stats (which I don't think make up for the Caluurion burst).

Still, (most) of what was lost from Dark Flare damage was gained in Javelin damage when they made the changes.

It's gotten to the point where javelin actually deals more damage than an actual spammable even without Burning Light proc, as long as you don't build heavily around penetration.

This is from when I tested it a long time ago, after changes to Javelin:
    MMIuyxM.png
    Edited by Decimus on July 2, 2020 10:18PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another cool and original build by "Decimus". Thanx for sharing.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice build, thanks for sharing.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool build, thanks for sharing!
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah auroran javelin is pretty nuts with the resistance ignore, i often hit with it harder than flare itself.
  • artal
    artal
    ✭✭✭
    I saw one magplar yesterday in ic on this build. I had 15k tel var and at first i thought *** its decimus. Thankfully it was some random magplar