The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

sent gold via mail, but she never receive it. where did my gold gone?

loneranger123
loneranger123
Soul Shriven
I've send 700k gold to my friend via mail not long after greymoor patch updated at may 27th.
but she said she didn't receive it. so i create a ticket (Question Reference # 200527-001389) via game but didn't get any respond.
my gold hasn't returned until now.

I've sent her gold a couple of times previously and never got any problem. but after greymoor update, it failed.

I realize that she maybe fakes it. and my believe won't do justice. so, where should I ask for this? only zos knows where my gold has gone

sorry, I'm not native. cmiiw
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've sent stuff to wrong recipient before by just hitting the @name in the drop down list shown by the game mail widget while typing and some other name had appeared at 'that' place in the list. Happily for me it wasn't 700k, unhappily for the recipient it was the in-game equivalent of old socks (decon trash).

Or maybe you just mistyped the name? I suppose maybe you could ask support who/where it is if you know the date and time you mailed the gold?

Other than being incredibly and annoyingly slow I've found the in-game mail system to be so reliable I've dreaded the day coming when zos announce they're going to 'do some work' on it.

Hope you [OP] get it sorted soon and your missing gold shows up again.
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt there was a glitch you most likely sent it to the wrong person somehow (it happens)

Sorry about your gold :(
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone accidentally send me gold too please?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This explains where that gold came from. I thought you were just being nice.

Kidding, hope you sort this
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of many reasons that we need to be able to view our sent mail.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did you make a mistake with the recipients name? The mail might return to you at some stage along with the gold.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A friend had the same problem after winning a 600k guild raffle. My friend sent a ticket and ZOS asked to also recieve a ticket from the one who sent the gold.

Anyways, the guild leader got the gold back and sent it again. No problem.

I think something bugged due to full inbox but I'm not sure.
    PS | EU
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It could be cause there is a difference between a character name and an account name with @ symbol.My ingame is @Belial,but I don't have that as a char name,so if someone don't add @,then it goes to a diff user.
  • loneranger123
    loneranger123
    Soul Shriven
    ty all for your respond.
    amapola76 wrote: »
    One of many reasons that we need to be able to view our sent mail.
    yes, I've mentioned this too in my ticket.

zos didn't reply my ticket at all. I've followed up with replying the mail, still got nothing from zos. I've copy-paste her ID to in-game recipient name. i wished I miss-typed it and it returned to me.

in general case, recipient may not admit it if s/he got the mail. while the sender didn't have the proof if s/he already sent the mail. I can't ask her proof as well as I cant give her proof too. but only zos know the truth.

• JPS
    JPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am confident that in due time your ticket will get a reply. As long as you don't get an automated ' closed' email about it, have faith.
  • loneranger123
    loneranger123
    Soul Shriven
    JPS wrote: »
    I am confident that in due time your ticket will get a reply. As long as you don't get an automated ' closed' email about it, have faith.

yes they did. finally. it was like in-game mail. probably my ticket stuck in the way to their mailbox. after almost a month, they replied my ticket. I assume they answer my ticket after they seeing this post.

welp, in the end, it's my loss. just have to say goodbye to my 700k gold.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have 6 tickets in since january, i got all the automated closed answer
    no answer
    no refund
    no support
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh THATS where the random gold in my inbox came from! Thanks!

:p
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ever feel inclined to gift someone a large amount of gold, the safest way to go about it would be to meet up with them and do it as a trade, rather than attaching it to a mail message.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, sometimes you can get the @Name wrong and send it to the wrong person by accident. Most people would take the gold and not mail you back asking if it was a mistake.

I believe an unopened mail returns to the sender automatically after 30 days, so you could try waiting.

Otherwise, it comes down to how much you trust this "friend" of yours. I have friends I'd be able to trust with such things but I wouldn't give so much gold to someone who's not them.

Also, when gifting stuff like that, use the trading system. Mails can be wonky.
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • tgrippa
    tgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stefj68 wrote: »
    i have 6 tickets in since january, i got all the automated closed answer
    no answer
    no refund
    no support

That is kind of shameful really. They used to be good with tickets but I am seeing a lot more stories like yours. Hopefully you were able to get assistance elsewhere.
    PCEU
    heh.
    heh.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @loneranger123 a member of our support team replied to your ticket a few hour ago. Please check your inbox for our latest reply.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I worry about sending stuff to the wrong person also, unless I can see their name in chat and send to that person by choosing send mail I wouldn't do it. I hope you get your gold back though.
  • loneranger123
    loneranger123
    Soul Shriven
    Greystag wrote: »
    Well, sometimes you can get the @Name wrong and send it to the wrong person by accident. Most people would take the gold and not mail you back asking if it was a mistake.

I believe an unopened mail returns to the sender automatically after 30 days, so you could try waiting.

Otherwise, it comes down to how much you trust this "friend" of yours. I have friends I'd be able to trust with such things but I wouldn't give so much gold to someone who's not them.

Also, when gifting stuff like that, use the trading system. Mails can be wonky.
    I worry about sending stuff to the wrong person also, unless I can see their name in chat and send to that person by choosing send mail I wouldn't do it. I hope you get your gold back though.

a month already passed. the gold didnt returned to my mail.

yes, we can send to @id from our friend list, guildies or copy-paste it. and i've done all of them but never got any problem before greymoar patch. tho i'm not sure if greymoar is the main problem.

and yes, i'm switching to trading a while ago. dont wanna sent huge amount of gold via mail anymore.

the same person which i've sent gold but didn't receive it, about a week ago send me a DLC before i paid her. in fact i dont have enough gold atm. i owe her 400k gold.
  • loneranger123
    loneranger123
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there @loneranger123 a member of our support team replied to your ticket a few hour ago. Please check your inbox for our latest reply.

ty, but seems like @stefj68 needs more attention than me
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @stefj68 could you provide a ticket number so that we can look into this for you?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post