The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Skill Standards? Rapid Regen vs Resolving Vigor.

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to vigor we have a clear choice for self healing and an objectively worse choice for self healing. without an easy way to swap between these morphs I’d just choose not to heal my group. I’d be at such a disadvantage against a stam player who took the better self heal morph it’s not even funny.

I like the clear choice between Self Heal and Group Heal for the morphs, but it's painfully obvious why Echoing Vigor feels so inferior. Not sure how I would change it because any group heal when stacked in pvp becomes crazy strong. I'd say Echoing is pretty low on the list of issues considering the below points.

Echoing Vigor only meets close to the same healing per second as Resolving Vigor with at least 3 people stacking it. This is exactly why Echoing Vigor is pretty pointless to use in Battlegrounds, unless we were still in the premade days or you had enough self healing to justify the hit to help others, there isn't any point in using the morph there. With pvp healing nerfed to 40%, it's extremely hard to justify helping 3 other people who usually won't help you.

Average Heal Per Second of the morphs:
    Resolving Vigor
    1765/4 = 441

Echoing Vigor
    1230/10 = 123

441/123 = 3.58

3 people stacking Echoing is going to usually be weaker than each person using their own Resolving Vigor, only 4+ people will break even.

Then.. you'd have to consider how some builds simply aren't made for high damage like proc builds, do you really want to rely on someone else for a sub-par heal because they're not in a weapon damage stacked setup, which have become a little more rare this patch since more people are building for mitigation now that damage and easy mitigation is down.

The bigger benefit for me a few patches ago, was saving on sustain as well as GCD's if you don't like pressing a hot every 4s. Also managed 100-200k group healing in BG DM which was nice. Typically only Magicka classes provide nice off-healing like Mag Sorcs with Matriarch which can carry a group.

Speaking about the morph benefits specifically though, it doesn't really add anything super unique when you consider 10s duration dots became standard in U24. If Echoing Vigor followed the same rules as dots that patch, I imagine it would of been treated like Endless Hail, Blockade, Liquid Lightning or Vampires Bane where they get +4s for it being a duration focussed morph to a total of 14s.

Speaking of the weak hps, Radiating Regen is 50% of Rapid for 10s which feels pretty balanced, while Echoing is 27% of Resolving or 58% of Radiating. Maybe they did it that way due to a larger target count, but it also has less range and more cost. Not sure what I'd change though, maybe just a longer duration to the 14s would be enough so the heal value is increased, but the hps is still weak requiring many people to stack to get real benefit.

To be clear, I'd like Radiating to guarantee ticking on yourself with the standard changes I mentioned in the OP in case someone is reading this comment alone. 3 is such an odd number, especially when ZOS has most content in the game designed for 4 players. Bad design to force your healers to double cast skills just to get it on themselves.
    I’d suggest taking a second look at class healing options. Check out green dragon blood it gives a laughable amount of stam return and a pathetic heal that doesn’t scale off highest max stat. What’s even the point? Warden can have a stam based class heal but the other classes don’t. Why?

I think this is intentional, I'll get into it in a comment below, the idea I gather from ZOS is that they created a dynamic where Magicka builds get most of their heals/defense within class, while Stamina gets around 50/75% in class and the remaining 50/25% from weapon/world/guild skill lines, which may explain why they refuse to offer Magicka builds a Magicka like Vigor, having Rapid Regen fill that role, but be attached to a weapon may be intentional.

Necro/Warden, being the newest classes have more stamina morphs than other classes to the point where ZOS seems to have gone farther away from the assumed balance between Magicka/Stamina I just mentioned, it kinda explains why they're top dog in pvp too.

And yeah, if your stam, a mag heal is going to be weak AF, but even Magicka players complain about Green Dragon Blood.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    That moment you see someone ask for a buff to stam when stam rules PvP across the board, has lower costs, can wear heavy easier, has better sets for offense, and doesn't need to manage two stat pools to be effective in PvP, all you can ask is really?

People love arguing for changes when looking at things in isolation.

They're also forgetting nearly every stam spec has other healing besides vigor and rally, and those other effects don't cost stam. There is no mag heal that costs stam.

Once you add that into the equation, stam is actually more efficient at self-healing than mag is, and adding into the possibility of running more damage resistance that mag cannot (because mag still needs to build some form of stam management or you won't be pvping for long), then it's obvious why stam rules PvP.

But, whatever, I use hybrids that can push more healing that a pure build anyway with vigor so buff me more :D

Idk if you meant me, but all I'm asking for is parity, consistency, some semblence of reasoning from ZOS beyond trying to follow a chain of events that leads me to believe why things are designed the way they are, especially in the context of todays version of the combat design where they claim to use clear standards for designing skills, then throw it out the window for others.

It's not just about buffing/nerfing and I did not just talk about Stamina, I mentioned major quality of life change for Regen morphs in that it guarantees the heal to yourself like both Vigor morphs do currently.

Side point, I find it hard to believe you have better healing than a pure build, what hybrids gain from sacrificing what they do is being able to be a jack of all trades, swiss army knife of sorts. Maybe if you're stacking a bunch of different skills, but a pure can output much stronger tooltips within less skills. Curious what you're running since hybrids interest me. I think they're pretty well off this patch with all the great double dipping sets available and Malacath's Band.
    cheemers wrote: »
    Great post. Can I also humbly request that Resolving Vigor not break stealth? It's a self buff / heal like Rally.

Last I checked all targeted heals break stealth. So it's not a self-buff, but a targeted heal and should keep breaking it.

I don't play NB pvp, so this is my assumption based on Rally not breaking stealth...

Both Resolving Vigor and Rally don't target anyone but yourself, imo they're right to assume they should behave the same way, but as usual, ZOS probably coded Resolving Vigor poorly when it changed to a self heal.

In the same way that it has the cost of an aoe heal because of the base skill being aoe, it probably behaves like an aoe heal in terms of coding that has a target cap of 1 set to the player as priority. Resolving Vigor only became a self heal with Update 23 from August 2019.

Edited by MashmalloMan on June 30, 2020 4:09PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Great post. Can I also humbly request that Resolving Vigor not break stealth? It's a self buff / heal like Rally.

Last I checked all targeted heals break stealth. So it's not a self-buff, but a targeted heal and should keep breaking it.

Yes, it targets you, just like rally or dragons blood or dark deal or any other strictly self-targeting heal, none of which pull you from stealth. It is not a breath of life.

Also, the rest of your post is very wrong, and shows either inexperience or overwhelming anti-stamina bias.

:D

I'm not the one that needs an easy mode turned on.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't play NB pvp, so this is my assumption based on Rally not breaking stealth...

Both Resolving Vigor and Rally don't target anyone but yourself, imo they're right to assume they should behave the same way, but as usual, ZOS probably coded Resolving Vigor poorly when it changed to a self heal.

In the same way that it has the cost of an aoe heal because of the base skill being aoe, it probably behaves like an aoe heal in terms of coding that has a target cap of 1 set to the player as priority. Resolving Vigor only became a self heal with Update 23 from August 2019.

The difference is that Vigor is an HoT and Rally is a direct heal, they are not coded the same way, and you can check this yourself by using the curse-eater set and seeing that it does not ever proc on Vigor, but does proc on rally. Whether a skill breaks stealth or not is more than likely determined by whether it's base skill did or did not and not some complicated, uniform ruleset.

Even so, most HoTs break it, including ones from proc sets. The only HoT that isn't tied to damage that doesn't break stealth that I know of is dark cloak, the non-stealth morph of cloak.

Even if that were not the case, you want to compare it to rapid regen/radiating mutagen? Rapid regen/radiating mutagen with no other target also breaks stealth upon the first tick just like vigor. Anyone that logs in can verify that.

As for "parity" there is no parity in the game at all at a fundamental level, so what exactly do you expect to be fair and balanced at the macro level? If you really want vigor balanced like radiating mutagen you should be careful what you ask for.

Obsidian shard is a good example of what happens when people ask for balance between skills.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In PvP vigor is 100 times better then rapid regen simply because it doesn't require you to run a certain weapon to use it. Vigor while blocking with 1h and shield is pretty broken, especially when you consider most stam builds are rockin 6k+ weapon damage and at least 30k max stamina.
    Edited by Akinos on July 1, 2020 6:30PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp