The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Refund Request

FemaDeafSquad
FemaDeafSquad
Soul Shriven
I submitted a refund request back on 5/9/2020 and I have still not got anything back from them, I grabbed the wrong edition of the game because the layout was bad and I just wanted them to switch the version to the standard Grey or refund the purchase so I could get the right one. How long do you have to wait because 6 days without any type of response is a little absurd.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to list the ticket number in your thread, here, @FemaDeafSquad.
  • FemaDeafSquad
    FemaDeafSquad
    Soul Shriven
    Ticket Number 200509-000994
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey @FemaDeafSquad we can confirm that this ticket is still open and a support agent will reply as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience, as we are currently experiencing high contact volumes due to the impact of COVID-19.

Please also keep in mind that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. Because of this, we recommend only updating your ticket as necessary.

Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on May 16, 2020 1:04PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • FemaDeafSquad
    FemaDeafSquad
    Soul Shriven
    Updating a ticket moves it to the back of the line... this is probably the worst support system I have ever seen. Its been a week. I want my refund. I understand that there is a delay but 7 days is awful. The fact that you move tickets to the back of the line is also absurd. I will be file a dispute and complaint with paypal if I have to but this needs to be taken care of.
  • Sargesgaming
    Sargesgaming
    ✭✭✭
    If you pay a business to provide a service and it's sub-standard, you can ask them to fix the problem under the Consumer Guarantees Act.

If they have not completed the work, they might be in breach of contract and you have rights under both the Consumer Guarantees Act and the Contract and Commercial Law Act. But they might not liable if the reason they couldn't finish was something out of their control.

The Consumer Guarantees Act covers services usually bought for personal or household use.
    How to complain

Your rights
    When a business supplies you with consumer services there are four guarantees that apply under the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA).

1. Services will be provided with reasonable care and skill
    Any work done must be at least as good as the work of a competent person with average skills and experience for that type of work.

Reasonable skill is about applying technical know-how. Reasonable care is how much care is taken to do the job properly.

2. Services will be fit for purpose
    When you have told the service provider what work you want them to do and they accept the job, they must make sure you get what you want.

If the service provider can’t guarantee the work will give you the result you want, they have to tell you before they start the job. But they can’t get out of their responsibilities by warning you that the job may not be satisfactory if they are inexperienced in that trade.

However, if you are not clear about what you want, the service provider might not be responsible if you don't get it.

3. Services will be done within a reasonable time, if no timeframe is agreed
    If you and the service provider have not agreed on a time to finish a job, the provider must do so within a reasonable time. Reasonable time is judged on the time it takes a competent person who works in that type of job to complete the task.

4. Services will be a reasonable price, if no price is agreed
    If you and the service provider have not agreed a price for the job, you only have to pay a reasonable price. You can work out what a reasonable price is by finding out what other providers in your area are charging for similar services.

These guarantees apply automatically whether or not you sign a contract.

The work should also be completed in a reasonable timeframe but make allowances for things like weather.

If work is not completed
    You have two sets of legal rights for work that’s not completed:

The guarantees listed above under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
    Remedies for a breach of contract under the Contract and Commercial Law Act (CCLA).
    If the contract includes a completion date and a fixed price, then not meeting either or both terms could be a breach of contract.

You can use the CCLA when the CGA doesn’t apply, eg a breach of contract involving commercial services or private sales.

Unexpected major events
    Suppliers may not be liable if work can't be completed because of events beyond their control, also called "force majuere". Examples include:
    major natural disasters, eg flood or earthquake
    unavoidable accidents.
    Your next steps depend on what's set out in your contract with the supplier, eg they will:
    continue to do parts of the service not affected by the event
    do what they can to overcome such an event
    restart work as soon as possible.

[snip]

[Edit for Petitions and Protests.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on June 30, 2020 11:12PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be patient and work out the process with Support.

I would NOT suggest that you file a chargeback. ZOS tends to ban accounts for that since they have to pay fees when that happens. From everything I've seen with the posters who tried to resolve a banned account after a chargeback, that process takes even longer to work through with Support.

I know it sucks to be waiting so long for Support, but its still probably the quickest option.