The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Gameplay feels worse every update but this update feels horrendous

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
This update feels mechanically terrible, its slower, more clunky and animation canceling feels worse than ever. As a person who plays from OCE on xbox NA it really leaves many builds playstyles simply not an option. Roll dodge ani cancelling vigor Is absolutely horrendous and I often end up simply dodging 2-3 times because skill refuses to fire off and leaves me just simply rolling to get some line of sight. Magsorc streak is borderline unusable, it has about an 80% rate of actually working, the other 20% of the time you simply perform the animation and just stand there having done nothing, and then when you are hit with a CC like fear, you gap close and move to the final destination whilst CCd.

Blastbones is another skill that in Cyrodil just doesn’t work, you can’t ani cancel it, it becomes useless once a decent bit of line of sight is involved at all and in the lag the skeleton just sits there until it disintegrates. The ult cast times are ridiculous and incredibly inconsistent, it seems that out of combat you can roll dodge ani cancel ultimates but in the slightest bit of PvP lag the skill hardly wants to fire off. Then the worst of all bar swapping, it makes me question of my controller is broken, its insane how many attempts it takes to actually swap bars. I don’t understand is ZOS just stealth making gameplay less fluid and more clunky to close the skill gap? It seems balance changes are intended to do this and it looks like to avoid an uproar from the community these changes are simply not mentioned in the notes. Is Anyone else feeling the same or is it just my connection?
  • Steel_Heart777
    Steel_Heart777
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm on PS4 I am still smashing the ultimate buttons 6 times in a row only to die before it ever goes off. Kind of defeats the whole purpose of ultimates. Or any skills really, which are all delayed several seconds at best and don't fire at all at worst. Performance in Cyrodiil is still an underwater slideshow to the point that the game feels more like a mount riding simulator than ever. I mean I can ride through the beautiful scenery and enjoy that, but as soon as I reach a fight I basically get to stand around watching my skills be pressed on my skillbar but nothing firing, as a zerg slideshows over me into a peaceful death screen. Kind of feels like I should be able to play the character in a game, especially after 5+ years of time and money, but maybe I'm just asking too much.
    • PS5 NA - EP Since Launch
    • CP 2400+
    • 2nd Ever EP Grand Overlord PS4 NA - Spartan Ze - Stamblade AR50
    • PactBerserkr - Stamden AR50
    • Lord Bigdaddysmash - Stamcro AR50
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite is the small, totally insignificant issue when my skills don't activate in high-populated areas. At all. Midyear Mayhem really shows how poorly this game runs. Considering we already had a "performance patch", there really is no future for this game.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    My favorite is the small, totally insignificant issue when my skills don't activate in high-populated areas. At all. Midyear Mayhem really shows how poorly this game runs. Considering we already had a "performance patch", there really is no future for this game.
    ESO PvP takes on a whole new meaning when every ability skill has a 10 seconds cast time, and you are restricted to using only 1 bar :D
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

At least 2 major performance patches *

Which didn't work... in fact, made things worse for not only pvp, but pve too. Best part, these performance patches seemingly put a hault to class identity, racial passive tweaks, passive and skill audits, and an awful hodge podge last minute weak dot value standard, all of which most likely pushed back a full CP redesign since it probably relies on the rest of the equation to be ironed out.. At least we have that tease of a totally unnecessary rework to light/heavy attack resource return and damage scaling.

But hey, Stam DK can throw balls of burning poop 28m away when they're entire kit is designed for melee range.. of course, after you stomp the ground for 0.6s. Class identity! :D

Maybe ZOS should stick to 1 promise instead of doing everything half-butt.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on June 30, 2020 5:06PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit