The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Pvp performance 5-27-20

jaime1982
jaime1982
✭✭✭✭
Was worse for me today than it was yesterday... I know hard to imagine.

How was it for you today?
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want to know the answer to this! How is PVP performance? Not planning to buy the new chapter until PVP performance improves...
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is bad. NPC running back and forth instead of intended behavior, skills not casting, you have to use skills several times until they cast and so on.

Yesterday I was solo on a ressource and I got insane skill lag. It's not funny anymore. There are times where it is literally unplayable. Really.

This was PC/EU Ravenwatch during prime time.

I didn't buy Greymoor either and I don't intend to do it until this skill lag problem is resolved. However, it is my understanding, that devs don't know what causes the issues and is still investigating. This is very sad, because I actually like the antiquities system and I would have loved to play it. I am just not willing to pay for it with the game in such a state, which is going on for months now.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is bad. NPC running back and forth instead of intended behavior, skills not casting, you have to use skills several times until they cast and so on.

Yesterday I was solo on a ressource and I got insane skill lag. It's not funny anymore. There are times where it is literally unplayable. Really.

I didn't buy Greymoor either and I don't intend to do it until this skill lag problem is resolved. However, it is my understanding, that devs don't know what causes the issues and is still investigating. This is very sad, because I actually like the antiquities system and I would have loved to play it. I am just not willing to pay for it with the game in such a state, which is going on for months now.

Maybe fact that population doubled after Autumn, when game was running fine:
    Blb3mDG.jpg
    (I understand that Steam is only a part of player base, but we may use it as a trend)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still bad. Had moments of decent, which I didn't have before; but at most you will have 3 bars across and not very long so I'd assume when it locks up, will be full time awful again.

Good news in that the performance has shown more in overland, solo stuff now. Especially the new content. They can't ignore it anymore if they were before. Even if they weren't ignoring it, it now will truly be up there as a high priority I'd imagine only after resolving the free chapter and unable to access if you bought it fiasco.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blb3mDG.jpg
    (I understand that Steam is only a part of player base, but we may use it as a trend)

How are you correlating it to population when the issues immediately show themselves after patch/dlcs ?
    [snip]
    [edited to remove baiting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 28, 2020 4:26PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

Blb3mDG.jpg

How are you correlating it to population when the issues immediately show themselves after patch/dlcs ? [snip]

[snip] I am just saying ZOS needs to open wallet and buy/lease/split whatever more server capacity instead of ruining game with their "optimizations" like block changes.

[edited to remove reference to removed content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 28, 2020 4:28PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Blb3mDG.jpg

How are you correlating it to population when the issues immediately show themselves after patch/dlcs ? [snip]

[snip] I am just saying ZOS needs to open wallet and buy/lease/split whatever more server capacity instead of ruining game with their "optimizations" like block changes.

It does sound like typical demands on IT. " We want all the things, but dont want to spend any money. See if you can code it "

[edited quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 28, 2020 4:29PM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Blb3mDG.jpg

It does sound like typical demands on IT. " We want all the things, but dont want to spend any money. See if you can code it "

I may understand that behavior when it comes to internal IT problems. But when it comes to customers, only companies with lowest prices do like that, but they have obvious advantage - lowest prices! You got what you payed for. I doubt ESO can be qualified as "cheapest MMO on the market". So they are imo shooting in their own leg with all this cutting costs.

I don't understand what are they investigating.
    If software allows to use more server capacity - > extend server capacity. If software reached it's limits and you can't update it in reasonable time without ruining all code -> split servers. Create Asia server to decrease load on NA, create second Europe server, and allow one-time account transfer. Problem solved. But ZOS is afraid this won't pay off, so they continue to tell us about "investigations". (meanwhile they increased capacity to some minimal level in April, otherwise servers will be dead already. So all this talk about software limitations is BS)

[edited quoted content]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 28, 2020 4:29PM
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried to PvP in Cyro last night. It was HORRIBLE. Spam skills and LA for 3-5 times before they finally fire. And I wasn't fighting in the middle of a 40 vs 40 fight, it was just a simple Outpost defense, with maybe 20-30 players total (both sides included). I gave up after less than hour.

Whatever ZOS are doing to "improve performance", it's doing jack squat so far, and we're seeing a decline in performance since Update 25.

It's not at the level of just being annoying (like it was before), it's now at the level of being unplayable and driving me away from playing.

Guess I'll be spending most of my time in PvE for now, until I get bored by it and end up having to stop playing, unless ZOS turns this around and TRULY improves it.

And no, I don't buy the "it's because of the pandemic causing more people to play" explanation. Cyrodill pop cap hasn't changed. If the people playing outside of Cyro have such an impact on combat handling in Cyro, then the opposite would also be true, and large Cyro zergs would also affect people fighting at a dolmen in Rivenspire. So to me, the performance bottleneck is clearly localized to the zone where it happens, and therefore unrelated to the total in-game population.

And even if it were because of the larger in-game population, it's not an excuse and we still need this to be resolved, or by the time those temporary players have left, you will also have lost a bunch of your long-time players. We don't need yet more "let's tweak this to gain 2% performance", but "let's replace this to gain a 20% performance gain".
  • rogenep360
    rogenep360
    ✭✭
    I play in ps4 and cyrodiil is unplayable most of the time, desyncs and lag are really bad worse than ever.
  • Mankeyyyyy
    Mankeyyyyy
    ✭✭
    Sounds like PC is finally catching up. PVP on xbox has been unplayable for almost two years now, the only time it's remotely playable is when there's like 2 or 3 bars total across all alliances, and even then I have to stay away from keep fights because of lag or 2 mintue load screen deaths. It's very sad to see the performance somehow get worse every single update. Whenever I see the words "performance improvement/update" I just know that it'll end up being the exact opposite and a total *** meme.

Sorry for rant I'm angry gamer :neutral:
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's so bad, but great since I am using my time exercising.

Thanks ZOS.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another issue that has been increasingly disruptive for the past 2-3 years: random mini load screens. Now, riding from Farragut to Arrius will involve between 5 and 7 separate load screens.

Can someone tell me what triggers a mini load screen anyway? It's not because it needs to load assets, since you can get 2-3 of these mini load screens within the span of 10 seconds. Trying to ride your horse and being constantly interrupted is highly frustrating, and is another issue that seems to have been totally ignored by ZOS.

Heck, a one second pause would be less disruptive than those one second load screens, which pull your horse to a full stop (so you have to release and press again your Move Forward + Sprint keys).

I've been /bugging these since they began a few years ago, when trying to ride out of Dragon would be another rage-inducing experience. 3-4 load screens just in the short distance between Dragon and its farm.

From what I can see, with every expansion, the load screens burst areas end up being moved to a new location. That makes... no sense.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭

And how many of these only log once a day, collect their daily reward, possibly do a few crafting writs, and then log out within 5 minutes?
  • Aquatorch
    Aquatorch
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that ZOS is removing physical hardware to save money.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquatorch wrote: »

source plz
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have been very lucky not to have issues since the new patch. I have to imagine this is because people are busy farming antiquities [since so many of them are potent for pvp] or quit the game over balance changes or whatever. I play on no-cp campaigns tho.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    Aquatorch wrote: »

source plz

I would actually like to see a source of them not doing this.
    A diagram or spreadsheet showing how many cpu cores & memory were dedicated from launch until now.
    “Mega-server” HA!
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    hmmmm, not so good lately. how about you guys?
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible.
  • HalvarIronfist
    HalvarIronfist
    ✭✭✭✭
    PVP? Performance? What kind of substances are you using to put those two words together?

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    hmmmm, not so good lately. how about you guys?

Euphemism. It's bad, worse then ever. It started with first major "performance" upgrade when they messed up with block, since then it gets only worse. Don't believe in any ZOS claims how they supposedly fixed something.

Examples from patch notes which can be verfied very fast:

"Potions that grant the Detection bonus now properly apply their visual effects." - nope they don't.

"Fixed numerous issues where the audio for consuming a Quick Slotted item would play while you were unable to activate the item." - false, very often potions still doesn't fire even after few attempts.

"Undo: Fixed an issue where the animation for this ability and morphs would appear and end abruptly, making your character appear to do jazz hands erratically, if not moved with the rewind." - false. You still dance around being unable to move.

They claim a lot, but many of those things are false and unchecked, but since they published news that they have "fixed" it, this doesn't bother them anymore.
    Edited by Mayrael on June 22, 2020 8:11AM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • angelofdeath333
    angelofdeath333
    ✭✭✭
    What really pisses me off is that they Said its gonna be "the year of performance", but its just getting worse every patch....i canceled My eso+
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible last night
  • JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »
    I really want to know the answer to this! How is PVP performance? Not planning to buy the new chapter until PVP performance improves...

its the worst its ever been
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • deleted210809-001958
    same, eso+ cancelled