Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Load screen flashes...

• fortyfivekva_ESO
    fortyfivekva_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having this issue for over a month and am really surprised it is still outstanding and no word about any attempts to resolve it.
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been having this issue for over a month and am really surprised it is still outstanding and no word about any attempts to resolve it.

Same here - I came specifically to this subforum to see if anyone else had seen this problem recently.

For me, it seemed to start about 4-6 weeks ago. Craglorn is really bad, particularly the northern area between Valley of Scars Wayshrine and to the NE from there. I was trying to use the Mountain Overlook Wayshrine while facing Spellscar yesterday and I would get a pop-up almost every 2 seconds. Cyrodiil is also pretty bad, mostly in the N but I've had it happen in all map areas there.

It *seems* to be worse when my char's POV includes the sky, which makes me think it's loading of textures (?trees, ?special effects fx). Might have something to do with zone size as well, since Crag and Cyrodiil are two of the larger zones in the game.

Haven't found anything to really counter this bug though, although staring at the ground while moving limits it a bit. It's a pretty nasty bug though, as it pretty much stops any character actions such as moving or interacting with world objects. In Cyrodiil, this can be deadly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, any word on this bug and perhaps a fix?

• MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can only hope that this is resolved with Greymoor on Tuesday. I assume that is where the energy is focused anyway. However, it is deplorable that there are only responses from ZoS if they perceive someone having broken their chat rules. They aren't even RESPONDING about the bug. No courtesy whatsoever. I don't understand this.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strangely enough, I have and no problems whatsoever on my system and server in quite a long time.

I just ran one toon through there and got all the skyshards.

What is so different between PC and PS4 there?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• dvonpm
    dvonpm
    ✭✭✭✭

Same here - I came specifically to this subforum to see if anyone else had seen this problem recently.

For me, it seemed to start about 4-6 weeks ago. Craglorn is really bad, particularly the northern area between Valley of Scars Wayshrine and to the NE from there. I was trying to use the Mountain Overlook Wayshrine while facing Spellscar yesterday and I would get a pop-up almost every 2 seconds. Cyrodiil is also pretty bad, mostly in the N but I've had it happen in all map areas there.

It *seems* to be worse when my char's POV includes the sky, which makes me think it's loading of textures (?trees, ?special effects fx). Might have something to do with zone size as well, since Crag and Cyrodiil are two of the larger zones in the game.

Haven't found anything to really counter this bug though, although staring at the ground while moving limits it a bit. It's a pretty nasty bug though, as it pretty much stops any character actions such as moving or interacting with world objects. In Cyrodiil, this can be deadly.

@ZOS_GinaBruno, any word on this bug and perhaps a fix?

Very similar to the problem I'm having. I do the ground focus thing too :D I have times when my only way out is to inch my way back to a way shrine because I can't keep the map open long enough to hit a shrine, or the navigation animation gets interrupted if I do. It's absolutely unplayable.

I pvp quite a bit but never had it happen in Cyrodiil. It is only northern Craglorn.

Putting settings to bare minimum doesn't help. I can normally do ultrahigh no problem.

I've messed with every setting in game. Resolution adjustments/windowed vs full screen mode did nothing. Vsync on/off did nothing. Addons off did nothinng.

I thought maybe it had something to do with Nvidia settings and a curved monitor because it isn't as bad on my laptop, but it still happens on the laptop (although it is not as severe).

I have not put in a ticket because I don't feel like reinstalling the game lol.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    9 o'clock in the morning, FPS 100, latency 70. Glenumbra. TWICE near two entirely different wayshrines. Maybe 1 or 2 players in the vicinity, non-moving folk. Srsly?
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gee I guess the load screens didn't get fixed. Twice in Rimmen, once on a char I'd just logged in on standing between the writ quest boards and the second time whilst cooking for provisioning.
  • Mauin
    Mauin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just adding that I'm still getting this as well. It started in Craglorn (for me) around the time of the anniversary event and there's been no change with it since then. The Craglorn zone -primarily in the north- is essentially unplayable for me.

Basically, the zone throws me into almost constant load screens. I get trapped flashing in and out of load screens so fast it's headache inducing. I've tried updating graphics drivers, changing Nvidia control panel settings, but nothing has any impact.

This became especially frustrating with the release of Greymoor. I went to Craglorn to fill in the codex for the antiquities in that zone, and again when I was getting the mount, and the load screens were interrupting my scrying. I either got the decline message, or the scry window vanished entirely leaving me with no choice but to cancel it. Curiously, the load screens did not happen while digging. Only while scrying.

This is what it looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38-RO0hZTr0&
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauin wrote: »
    Just adding that I'm still getting this as well. It started in Craglorn (for me) around the time of the anniversary event and there's been no change with it since then. The Craglorn zone -primarily in the north- is essentially unplayable for me.

Basically, the zone throws me into almost constant load screens. I get trapped flashing in and out of load screens so fast it's headache inducing. I've tried updating graphics drivers, changing Nvidia control panel settings, but nothing has any impact.

This became especially frustrating with the release of Greymoor. I went to Craglorn to fill in the codex for the antiquities in that zone, and again when I was getting the mount, and the load screens were interrupting my scrying. I either got the decline message, or the scry window vanished entirely leaving me with no choice but to cancel it. Curiously, the load screens did not happen while digging. Only while scrying.

This is what it looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38-RO0hZTr0&

That's pretty much how it is for me. The only difference might be that I have it everywhere in craglorn.
    I think they seriously should revisit craglorn. Used to be my favorite spot for my daily activities now I'm afraid to port to :smile:
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    OMG @Mauin !!! That is terrible!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE watch the video to see the load screen problem!!!
  • BrightnessSyl
    BrightnessSyl
    ✭✭✭
    Dropping into the map in Craglorn (continuously reloading) while walking, running and guild trading. Starting to happen in Western Skyrim as well, starts with the map losing texture.
    ~Pinky
    twitch.tv/pinklleesi
    @pinkleesi
  • Lannharr
    Lannharr
    ✭✭✭
    Dropping into the map in Craglorn (continuously reloading) while walking, running and guild trading. Starting to happen in Western Skyrim as well, starts with the map losing texture.

Same here. Craglorn is broken for me too.
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same in cyrodiil in some zone.

In my opinion, I think the game regions are built with "zones" for better performances instead to load the entire region.
    And when your characyer is passing the limit between two zones, it makes to load quickly the next zone.

And always in my opinion, the game creates a loading screen when the loading time is too important, even for 0,3sec.

SO.

It could depend of your computer, OR, it could depend of code.
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Having the same issue. At first it was just Cyrodiil, which has now become completely unplayable, then it spread to Craglorn, making harvesting / playing there impossible and it made our guilds zone clear event there a horrible experience for most members. Now it is happening everywhere! It wouldn't be so annoying (well yeah it would) if it didn't literally stop you in your tracks. I am running past a world boss, group of mobs, etc... boom load screen, boom standing still, boom I am dead when I would have normally just cruised right past with the Shadow Rider skill.

I have unloaded all addons, lowered my graphic settings to almost nothing and it still persists. My PC is a pretty nice gaming rig with a 3.5ghz i7, NVME PCI drive and a GTX 1660 Super video card, which I could normally play on pretty high settings in the past. I believe this started happening with the first "Performance Improvement" update if memory serves.
  • Lannharr
    Lannharr
    ✭✭✭
    I went to Cyrodiil yesterday and the same, quick loading screens while riding mount or walking but not in delves or pvp.

• MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once last night in Rimmen in the crafting area (of course) and just now - repeatedly while holding still in Craglorn, go figure. I have it set at fullscreen soooo I dunno what's up. Hey ZoS... you really SHOULD BE LOOKING AT THIS.

@ZOS_GinaBruno Loading screen flashes anywhere in ESO every few seconds are terrible and should not be a problem any more!! Please have someone fix this!
    Edited by MercilessnVexed on June 17, 2020 4:04AM
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Load screen at the writ crafting boards in Rimmen tonight.
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    I get that in Craglorn quite a lot but also some in Wrothgar. I dont think I've seen it happen in any other zone and I've been to all overland zones multiple times lately (antiquities etc).
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Wavek - welcome to the discussion. :smiley: -- yeah it happens to me in the crafting area in Rimmen a few times a week now too.

I can't even go into Craglorn it's so bad. I don't know what they did to it now. I WAS able to go and do my surveys and maps, and quest per usual after setting it to Fullscreen when this whole mess all started for me a few months ago. Now I don't even dare go in or I get stuck, unable to even use a wayshrine because it's every second (see video above someone else has posted - it's JUST like that.) So yeah, it sucks. So much for potent nirncrux harvesting.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The area south and southwest of Bruma on Gray Host campaign has loading screens every few seconds now. Only seen this the last couple of days.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Agamemnon
    Agamemnon
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings. We have removed some posts from this thread due to their baiting nature.

It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

Any chance of an update of the reported issue* or is this bug forum only for strict moderation by the admins?
    *Constant loading screens in Craglorn overworld?
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey ZoS. Could you quit giving me Craglorn surveys? I can't go there anymore.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agamemnon wrote: »
    Greetings. We have removed some posts from this thread due to their baiting nature.

It’s okay and very normal to disagree with others, and even to debate, but provoking conflict, baiting, inciting, mocking, etc. is never acceptable in the official The Elder Scrolls Online community.

Any chance of an update of the reported issue* or is this bug forum only for strict moderation by the admins?
    *Constant loading screens in Craglorn overworld?

It was strict forum moderation by the admins. I can only assume from their absolute silence on this issue in every thread that they couldn't give two rats behinds about the constant loading screens. There is never any mention that they are aware of it, or even care about it in any way, let alone any goal toward progress or fixing it. *shrug*

Edit: -- THE NEXT DAY ---
    ZoS has finally replied! Now I feel like a jack... erm... jenny... uh... well you know. *sigh*
    Edited by MercilessnVexed on June 26, 2020 2:05AM
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey folks, we wanted to let you all know that we have seen your reports. We do have a bug in for this and a fix should be included in an upcoming incremental patch. Thank you for your understanding.
    Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on June 25, 2020 6:56PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks, we wanted to let you all know that we have seen your reports. We do have a bug in for this and a fix should be included in an upcoming incremental patch. Thank you for your understanding.

Is this specific to Craglorn, or will this resolve these issues in other zones, too?
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    These issues first started in Cyrodiil when Summerset launched two years ago. With each new update they never got resolved, they just started to happen in different locations in Cyrodiil. Since Greymoor, these largely occur when trying to ride from Farragut to Arrius (especially closer to Farragut).

About time this gets fixed quite frankly. Two years... Every few months I submit a new /bug report, in the vague hope that maybe it will someday be actually reviewed by QA.
  • MercilessnVexed
    MercilessnVexed
    ✭✭✭✭

Bless you bless you bless you!!!!!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey @mav1234 this fix should help other zones as well, not just Craglorn.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @mav1234 this fix should help other zones as well, not just Craglorn.

Thank you for confirming! Looking forward to it :smile:
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bwahahaha, i had this happen in Craglorn yesterday. I had stopped at the wayshrine, was checking some info on my other monitor and the game started flashing to very quick loading screens while my character was just standing idle. It struck me funny because I am used to getting them when speedily riding somewhere, but def not while standing still!