Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Account Hacked/Recovery Ticket(s)

HeartInABox
HeartInABox
✭✭

Hello,
With great appreciation and thanks in advance for any time and help given. I sincerely hope all working during the virus are well and thank you for being here.

Hope this is in the correct place.

Iv'e sent in a few tickets 8 days ago, a guild member sent one in on my behalf as well, with no response. I'm unable to log in, in order to see the status of these tickets. Please understand I know things are slower and scarier do to the virus. I was told this is the best next step after submitting a ticket as we can't call for account issues. I believe my account was hacked. After reading the forums it seems there are many with the same issue around the same time period. Iv'e come up with one of two scenarios that may have happened.

For lack of confusion within my guild, I changed my User ID. I did this while off line. Later while online I got the idea to change my password as well. Unfortunately I did this on a different system from the dedicated gaming setup I use. (Both in my home) I hope this set off red flags and why I've been suspended from logging into the game and account site. I have tried everything I could to change my information in order to gain access to my account. After the fact I remembered that the web page I changed my password on had "US-EN" in the address. I received no confirmation of change of password. I can only assume I was hacked. I kindly thank you for any attention to this you can offer. Ticket# 200420-011442 @ZOS_BillE
Edited by HeartInABox on April 21, 2020 3:21AM
Wishing all, a pleasant Day/Afternoon/Evening. Thank you for your time.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

Please check your inbox for an update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sure with BillE's help you will be taken care of.

After all is taken of, I would suggest changing bot your game PW as well as the associated email PW and ensure both are different and not easy PWs. They need access to both to gain access to your game.
  • Lenox
    Lenox
    ✭✭
    I'm the guildmate that's also helping out. I hope to hear some good news soon.

200417-009544
    04/20/2020 03:14 PM
    Nord TankCro
    Redguard StamCro
    Orc StamKnight
    Khajiit MagBlade
    Argonian HealPlar
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    IDK,

Thank you very much for you Input and your reassurance.
    Both are appreciated, I'm sorry I don't know what "bot" is.

TY per your suggestion I now have a private/new email and secured.
    I'll be sure to make the PW's rough.
    Yes, I already received a kind and speedy response from BillE. I'm most grateful

Wishing you and yours all the best, TY
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Lenox

I've sent you a PM regarding your ticket inquiry as well.
    Staff Post
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both are appreciated, I'm sorry I don't know what "bot" is.

Looks like "bot" was a typo and should have been "both."
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    IDK,
    My apologies if I made you feel at all off. I appreciate the post.
    You are correct, interacting with BillE has and is a pleasure.
    Believe me, being dyslexic... I'm the last person that would "grammar"
    on someone.
    Wishing you and great day!

llsabet,

Thank you for the clarification.

Wish you a great day as well!

• Lenox
    Lenox
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Lenox

I've sent you a PM regarding your ticket inquiry as well.

Thank you. I received your message.
    Nord TankCro
    Redguard StamCro
    Orc StamKnight
    Khajiit MagBlade
    Argonian HealPlar
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @BillE

Hello,

Hope this finds you and yours doing well and in good health.

Want to touch base as we last spoke on the forums a week ago. The thing is I can easily go to the “forgot password”, it accepts my email and secret answer to my question. Claims it sent an email many times but nothing arrives. I added the two “noreply” email addresses to my contacts in yahoo mail to be sure they get through. Tried more than a few times over the last week but nothing arrives. Is there an answer or fix to this issue that I can apply on my end? I also tried logging in with my linked account from Twitch, The account site says, I've been “suspended from the account log in or the site”. At this point I'm convinced that I was Hacked, after changing my password on a phony site while playing the game at the same time on my secondary system. If you are able, could you please let me know of any developments on my account/Recovery ticket. I know there must be people ahead of me.

As always, Thank you very much for your time and effort.
    All the best
    Edited by HeartInABox on April 28, 2020 4:18PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

Multiple unsuccessful failed logins will put a temporary ban from your IP. This would not have an effect on receiving emails from us however, as that is some sort of routing issue. Usually the only way to solve not getting emails from ESO is to change your email address.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Thank you, I'm just trying anything to recover my Hacked account. I did edit the above post. But you had already replied.
    Is there anyway to find out the status on my recover account ticket? #200420-011442 My original first #200416-011105

Thank you veery kindly, Heart
    Edited by HeartInABox on April 28, 2020 4:35PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

Your new ticket #200420-011442 was opened successfully and has been moved to the correct place to get handled appropriately. Please keep in mind support is still experiencing high volume which will delay the response back.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

Thank you very kindly, for your update, time and efforts. They're greatly appreciated!
    Wishing you and yours a great evening, Heart

btw, I like the new handle
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    re, Ticket #200420-011442

I want to thank you very much, for all your time, attention and effort in the handling of my ticket!
    With everything going on, I'm grateful at the way my issue was addressed and in such a timely manner. I've dealt with bliz and ea. Zos customer service and your handling of the forums to address issues is really well done. If there is a questionnaire or survey PLEASE, send one my way and I'll happily fill it out.

Sincerely hope all is well for you and yours. All the best and thank you, Heart
    Edited by HeartInABox on May 9, 2020 5:44AM
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE. 5-13-2020

Hello,
    Hope you are doing well.
    I'm sorry, I found out I still need assistance please.

We Finally figured out what happened on my account. I have a negative balance on my account of 89.99, this was for a discounted 21,000 crown pack. Capitol One kick-backed or denied the purchase after I cleared it, thus the confusion.
    Since the old card ending in (3948) has been canceled, there is no way to reverse the charge. So I'm offering the following.
    Issue Solution: Last night I sent an email (below) (card numbers in email sent on same date) the ticket number: Reference # 200420-011442
    Entitled in the subject: 5-13-2020, Re: [Incident: 200420-011442] New Payment Method to be used for, ESO Account Recovery

Sincerely wishing you and yours all the best, Khris

5-13-2020
    Response to: Reference # 200420-011442

Issue Solution:
    I am eager to get my account in good standing and unlocked. With a manner of trust, I'm offering the new credit card information so ESO will be able to expedite the charge without further issue. Please destroy this information after being charged: xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx 10/24 xxx It's my understanding that the charge is in the amount of $89.99
    I'm very Sorry for any disruptions or complications this may have caused from Capitol One's end.
    If you would be so kind. Please let me know if there is anything further I may do on my end to complete the purchase and clear my account in good standing.

Thank you very much for your time and all your effort. Sorry this ran on. As I said We only identified the problem last night.

Sincerely wishing you and yours all the best, Khris
    Edited by HeartInABox on May 14, 2020 9:29PM
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    Hello,
    @ZOS_BillE

Sorry for having to contact you again. I don't mean to take up your time.

Question Reference # 200420-011442

I realized I'm going at this in the wrong department. It's not so much of an Account Recovery issue but more of one of Billing. I couldn't find a number in order to call billing. Is there one? If one is available please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated! I'd be able to clear this up in 15 minutes.
    Or
    On 5-15-2020 In the last email sent at 1:04pm. I sent all the billing information on the current credit card to be used ending in (6309) to pay the amount due on my account. I know it's unwise to offer this information in an email but I see no other way of getting this handled sooner, getting my account in good standing and unlocked. The credit card ending in (3948) that was used for the initial purchase, as I've stated before is no longer in use and cannot be charged or reversed for the balance due. Capital One has stated to me that the kickback was their mistake as the charge was mistaken for a unauthorized charge. As stated in another thread. I'm sure you can understand that those of us that are this invested in ESO have found it beneficial during the lockup/virus as it helps greatly with the depression and melancholy.

I respectfully request, would you please pass this post and that email to billing.

Thank you very kindly for your time, Heart/Khris
    Edited by HeartInABox on May 17, 2020 9:07PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

Please check your forum inbox for further follow-up regarding your issue.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Hello,
    Hope you're doing well.

I didn't want to bother you over your weekend and I assume you'll get this on Tuesday.
    Please understand this post isn't upset or in a negative tone. You, yourself have been amazingly helpful and kind. I sincerely Thank you for that.
    I'm searching for answers again, looking for another avenue to get this completed. I would like to get the issue with the negative balance on my account and support resolved.
    The original ticket's email, communication was answered by support on 5/08/2020, then I assume they closed it then and there. I've sent a few (not wanting to bombard them) emails over the month to support with a solution, all without further communication from them. That I don't understand, being that it is now the end fo the month. I know you kindly reopened my ticket a week ago. I still have yet to hear from them. Sorry to request yet another or further update on my ticket as I can't at this time log-in to check on my own. If one is available, I would greatly appreciate it. Here is the reference # 200420-011442. I'm also concerned that my year-to-year eso+ account is due in June and I don't want it to lapse.
    Again, my frustration has nothing to due with our interactions.

Thank you very much for all the time and help you have given, Heart/Khris
    Edited by HeartInABox on May 26, 2020 3:14PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

I've sent you another PM regarding your ticket 200420-011442.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

#200420-011442

Hello, hope you're well. A few questions please.

If you'd be so kind, would you Please give an update on my ticket.
    Is the ticket still open?
    Has it moved forward?
    Has any progress or attention been made to it?
    I haven't submitted more information, but wondered if the following was correct. I was told by another forum member that each time I summit an email or more information adding to my ticket. It is then sent to the end of the line? Is this correct?

Very sorry to bother you with this yet again.

Thank You very much for your time and efforts.
    All the best to you and your family, Heart
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

I received your PM back asking for an update and have since responded.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

ticket #200603-005150 

Hello,
    Hope this finds you well. I'm checking in to see if any further attention or progress may have been done on my ticket. My credit card has yet to be charged in order to pay the balance and clear my account. If you would be so kind, would you please pass me an update?

Thank you very much!
    All my sincere best to you and your family. Heart
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

Please check your inbox as I've responded back to your PM.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @BillE

Hello,
    You asked if I would contact you if no further action or response was give or received from TOS or Support.
    We last spoke on 6/21. As a reminder this is what was said. “BillE - There have been no additional updates on the ticket so far. If you don't get a response by tomorrow please let me know as I'll get in touch with our TOS team to find out what is causing the delay.”

Nothing as of yet has occurred, nor has my credit card been charged.

My sincere thanks for all the time you have given this ticket and to myself.
    Looking forward to hearing from you, Heart
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE
    Sorry for the additional post. I put the wrong address associated with you.

Hello,
    You asked if I would contact you if no further action or response was give or received from TOS or Support.
    We last spoke on 6/21. As a reminder this is what was said. “BillE - There have been no additional updates on the ticket so far. If you don't get a response by tomorrow please let me know as I'll get in touch with our TOS team to find out what is causing the delay.”

Nothing as of yet has occurred, nor has my credit card been charged.

My sincere thanks for all the time you have given this ticket and to myself.
    Looking forward to hearing from you, Heart
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @HeartInABox

I've sent you a PM with another update on the ticket progress.
    Staff Post
  • HeartInABox
    HeartInABox
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I want to sincerely thank you very kindly for all your time, efforts and Patients.
    My ticket is now resolved. As I've said before if there is ever a survey/questionnaire/review
    please send it my way. I'd be very happy to to fill it out!

Right now I'm troubleshooting (Error 6) from the last update. I'll figure that out on my own lol.

Sincerely wishing you and yours all the very best that life has to offer,
    Take care, Heart