The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK Build, Darth Vader ([snip] and "stack on crown" need not click)

Wing
Wing
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
"what do you mean [snip] and stack on crown?"

simple, we have no streak, no cloak, no pets to cower behind, no sprint, no massive move speed. (or for some people, all of the above) you are going to win, or die, [snip]

as for stack on crown, this is not a build designed for those with the capacity to only build around spamming one skill and following a symbol around, [snip]

"okay but why darth vader?"

hes slow, but always coming, a threat ever closing in on you, ruthless and unstoppable, surrounded by only fear and dead men.

with all that out of the way. the build and tweaks you can make.

Stamina Dragonknight

=================================

5 Reactive:
(2 items) Adds 1096 Max Stamina
(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
(4 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(5 items) Reduces your damage taken by 33% for 5 seconds after being affected by a disabling effect, this effect can happen every 20 seconds.

3 jewelry and 2 heavy (chest and legs)

5 Clever Alchemist:
(2 Items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(3 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
(4 items) Adds 129 Spell Damage
(4 items) Adds 129 Weapon Damage
(5 items) When you drink a potion you feel a rush of energy, increasing your Weapon and Spell Damage by 675 for 20 seconds.

1 piece 2H (maul) 3 medium (shoulder, belt, gloves)

1 Snow treaders
(1 item) You are immune to Snares and Immobilizations that can be cleansed. While in combat, you cannot Sprint.

1 monster helm
flex, will go into details.

2 Blessing of Potentates
(2 items) Reduce damage taken from Players by 5%

sword and shield back bar

===================================

traits are:
-all infused jewelry,
-nirnhoned maul,
-defending sword,
-impen shield,
-full impen armor pieces

enchants are:
-3 prismatic stats on large armor pieces (health magicka stam)
-stam on the small pieces
-2 prismatic regen on rings
-1 stam regen on neck
-power on weapons

food:
-bewitched sugar skulls.
you can go with with arty takeaway broth, but its expensive and i found i missed the massive raw stats that sugar skulls had, this is why there is extra stam regen baked into the build.

potions:
-tri stat (health, stam, magicka)
-immovable (health, stam, cc immunity)

======================================

skills:
front bar:
dizzying swing (main spamable and CC)
noxious breath (actually decent upfront damage, major fracture, might pull cowards out of stealth)
camo hunter (crit chance boost, might pull cowards out of stealth, damage boost when you hit cowards in the back as they run)
rally (damage and heals)
executioner (see skill name)
dragon leap

back bar:
ellude (aoe damage reduction and speed buff when getting zerg'd)
hardened armor (major buffs and passives)
fragmented shield (obvious is obvious)
resolving vigor (everyone around me is dead so nobody to tickle with pathetic aoe heals, so we keeping our self alive)
cauterize (quite a nice heal over time)
temporal guard (undo and minor protection passive)

basic gameplay:
the combination of snow treaders and reactive as i have mentioned on the forums before has fairly great synergy. as snow treaders prevents reactive from activating on anything but stuns / hard CC, this counters burst windows pretty hard, with immovable pots as the primary potion you can have this effect pop on CC more often than not given its cooldown.

what this combination allows for with potions like immovable and activation of clever alchemist means when you do go to fight, burst, or pressure someone. . .

*THERE IS NOTHING ANYONE CAN DO ABOUT IT*

you cannot be stunned, you cannot be slowed, you cannot be rooted, you cannot be stopped.
you have at minimum 10 seconds of go anywhere do anything, no matter how many zergs are chasing you.

i have used an immovable and lept out into the zerg many a time, knowing full well that i will have no issue moving around or making it to safety. the fact that you can ignore so much makes outnumbered gameplay calmer and more efficient, im not spamming RaT or forward momentum constantly, im able to casually time roll dodges, calmly use the correct skills as i need them, take in the situation and move around deliberalty.

not spaming cloak or streak in a panic trying to slam pots and mash skills becuase i dont know what cc or slow is currently inhibiting me.

=========================================

you may notice i left out some things:
race
mundus
1 piece armor

thats because these are flex and change depending on race or situation. orc, khajiit, wood elf, redguard. warrior, thief, shadow. it all moves around depending on each other.

monster piece moves around too, CP? i use a 1 piece damage helm. no CP? might swap to a stam regen to counter the sustain loss. some people might want a health regen piece, armor, etc.

thats all very flex.

same with weapons, some people might want to back bar alchemist and front bar an arena weapon, or back bar an arena weapon and front bar alchemist.

go for it, plenty of room for personal alterations.

========================================

have fun.

[Edited to remove Baiting]
Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 22, 2020 6:51PM
ESO player since beta.
full time subscriber.
PC NA
( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
DK one trick
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Reactive? Is the burst meta really that bad?
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    simple, we have no streak, no cloak, no pets to cower behind, no sprint, no massive move speed.

Still better than the mag version...
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

damage didnt really go up, but survivability went down with heal nerfs.

its just common and obvious to dump your burst when someone is stunned, people see you take a knee and everyone jumps on you. having 33% damage reduction kick in when your at your most vulnerable is a helluva thing.

and the added 5s allows me to get up, rebuff, heal, and turn on them.

or, in the case of extreme lag, that 5 sec gives me time to cc break. . .
    Edited by Wing on June 22, 2020 3:02PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Wing wrote: »
    simple, we have no streak, no cloak, no pets to cower behind, no sprint, no massive move speed.

Still better than the mag version...

mag dk has not been fun in like 4 years.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do see why the timing of the Reactive buff is so important and helpful. I also think it's cool how you're using it with the snow treaders. Do you have a clip perhaps though? I'm surprised you're able to tank numbers in that set-up because as awesome as what you have going is... it's only going 1/4 of the time with the serious damage reduction. You're wearing 5 medium right?

If I was using snow treaders and immovability pots I just don't think I'd want to run reactive. And I'm not so sure you fall completely out of the 'mobility' category and into the 'facetank' category. I'd like to see clips. Betcha run around a little bit.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically I feel like, other than the perfect timing and synergy and everything with what you have going... you have 33% damage reduction for 5 seconds out of every 20. You basically have minor protection at all times. I just feel like on those rare occasions when maybe you over-committed a little bit, don't have a potion up, and got CC'd 6 seconds ago... you die HELLA fast. Cuz walking speed with major expedition just ain't good enough sometimes.

When I play characters with clear and obvious windows of opportunity like that they are normally glasscannon-esque. And mobile. I'd just love to see a clip of you in a 40 second engagement. So I can learn.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭

42k defense, minor protection, 3.2k impen, 27.5 k health and I just got bursted down by a *** NB kiting around rocks.

I flatlined him several times before he ran up the hill next to mines behind Alessia. He was just slippery. His stun plus combo plus Assassin's Scourge for 12.5k (crit) felled me in less than 3-4 seconds.

And right now, I need a good strong face tank for these bull *** little twerps.

I was out of my good food as I usually have 31k health. And I def had raiders fatigue.

Little twerps.

Edited by soniku4ikblis on June 22, 2020 4:35PM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    I do see why the timing of the Reactive buff is so important and helpful. I also think it's cool how you're using it with the snow treaders. Do you have a clip perhaps though? I'm surprised you're able to tank numbers in that set-up because as awesome as what you have going is... it's only going 1/4 of the time with the serious damage reduction. You're wearing 5 medium right?

If I was using snow treaders and immovability pots I just don't think I'd want to run reactive. And I'm not so sure you fall completely out of the 'mobility' category and into the 'facetank' category. I'd like to see clips. Betcha run around a little bit.

even 5 medium, very tanky because of alot of roundabout reasons rather then "lol armor"

-i can roll dodge very nicely and dont have to spam it, use it very precisely and let it cool down.
    -over 4k impen in CP turns crits into regular hits
    -still 25k armor values
    -even with no health investment still hit 30k+
    alot of % damage reductions that nobody can do anything to get around
    *elude is flat 25% of aoe and things like jabs, and speeds you up when hit by them (combined with snow treaders, jabs actually speed you up)
    *minor protection 8% on back bar
    *potentates 5% on back bar
    *33% after stun

decent health regen, around ~1500 constant

and able to keep very constant uptime on on heals, igneous, vigor, cauterize, rally, etc. (i can USE rally)

because im not CC'd and can move freely, i can just move, buff, cast heals, roll if required, hit a pot and turn and fight.

Basically I feel like, other than the perfect timing and synergy and everything with what you have going... you have 33% damage reduction for 5 seconds out of every 20. You basically have minor protection at all times. I just feel like on those rare occasions when maybe you over-committed a little bit, don't have a potion up, and got CC'd 6 seconds ago... you die HELLA fast. Cuz walking speed with major expedition just ain't good enough sometimes.

When I play characters with clear and obvious windows of opportunity like that they are normally glasscannon-esque. And mobile. I'd just love to see a clip of you in a 40 second engagement. So I can learn.

sorry i dont record or stream or anything just play :P wish i did have something to send you. but yeah thats why i said you need a bit of awareness, i dont leap into a crown unless i have a pot up. and while yes walking speed with major exp is not *fast*
    its a HELLUVA lot faster than that poor sob immobilized or snared out of his mind. when you can just move, freely, and actually, walk up stairs, or around a corner, or through that breach. . .

. . .it makes you never want to take off the boots.

you should always try to maneuver and los or what have you, but im not forced to do it in a panic, and this is not a face tank build, you dont stand and hold block, you move around, find your window, smack someone and repeat.

yesterday i got trapped in BRK with a bunch of pugs chasing me around the wall, im walking along the wall (from the west side of the gate) all the way around to the east mine side wall before i just hopped down and walk away.

their is a weird amount of stam sustain from not being able to sprint (and thus cutting regen) and not rolling out of immobilizes or spamming forward momentum. that i have alot of sustain to fit in roll dodge when i need to and keep heals going.

its very sturdy, i messed around alot this patch with new sets and old (eternal vigor, pariah, new moon, fury, etc.) and when i tested this with crap traits it felt really good, when i put good traits on it and golded everything out i had a "this is it" moment.

it feels great.

but your mileage may very.
    Edited by Wing on June 22, 2020 5:33PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wanted to add.

with the stats, you could probably survive most if not all 100 to 0 attempts. reactive and its duration let me get off my back bar in a prolonged 1v1.

any duelist knows sometimes you just get stuck on your back bar, and cannot get off your back foot and apply pressure or turn it around. reactive and its 5 seconds give me a window for them to deal negligible damage and all my heals and buffs to get up and be good to go and hit back and not be stuck on the defensive.

its not only about surviving the burst, its about surviving and having the ability to turn without getting killed trying to turn it around.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That answer satisfies me in every way. Nice build bro :)
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have something similar on mine, haven't put on potentates yet though. That extra 5% does sound nice.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't Darth Vader realize the errs of his ways in the end and change his playstyle for the better when he tosses aside that moniker for his rightful name?
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Doesn't Darth Vader realize the errs of his ways in the end and change his playstyle for the better when he tosses aside that moniker for his rightful name?

Pretty much right when he dies ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Pretty much right when he dies ;)

yeah, it was something like, "i want to see you and roll a sorc with my own eyes" and then he died.
    That answer satisfies me in every way. Nice build bro :)

super happy that cleared it up!
    Edited by Wing on June 22, 2020 7:12PM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Saubon
    Saubon
    ✭✭✭
    I'm using snow threaders aswell and I think gapcloser snares go through immunities so it might proc reactive. I have quite different build for non-CP https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=242008
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saubon wrote: »
    I'm using snow threaders aswell and I think gapcloser snares go through immunities so it might proc reactive. I have quite different build for non-CP https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=242008

honestly the only "gap closer i have seen used on me is DK Leap, and im fine with that proc'ing damage reduction on me XD

people just dont seem to run gap closers anymore, or at least a skill where thats its primary function.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

DK one trick
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The game pretty much completely caters to zergers now.

Oh and if you have a unique build , you can trash it or suffer.

Oh and if you don't use mythics, log off.

EDIT: Fixed quote ;)
    Edited by Kadoin on June 23, 2020 10:09AM