Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get a Free Pet by Verifying & Opting In to Email"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
4u93i0h0099r.png

This is the official discussion thread for the "Get a Free Pet by Verifying & Opting In to Email"" blog article.

Learn how you can get a free Infernium Dwarven Spiderling pet when you verify your email address and opt in to marketing emails.
Staff Post
  • McGordon
    McGordon
    ✭✭✭
    It dosn't work. I tick "I would like to receive news about new events and promotions", press save, but it doesn't save it lol.

nvm, need to confirm change in email, before it becomes active.
    Edited by McGordon on June 18, 2020 5:33PM
  • Durnik
    Durnik
    ✭✭✭
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/56681

'"Non-combat Pets: We are rewriting how non-combat pets are handled to be more performant (work better, more efficiently, and take up less overhead/resources on the server). Internal bug fixing is underway. This work is on track to release with Update 26."

Did this get completed or is ESO just exacerbating the problem?
  • MsDarkness1313
    MsDarkness1313
    Soul Shriven
    Will we need to have both options checked to receive the pet or only the first?
    [ ] I would like to receive news about new events and promotions
    [ ] See more relevant ZeniMax ads on other sites by sharing my email address. See Privacy Policy for more details.
  • xryanvb16_ESO
    xryanvb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    [ ] See more relevant ZeniMax ads on other sites by sharing my email address. See Privacy Policy for more details.

If you read the instructions it says what to do.
    Edited by xryanvb16_ESO on June 19, 2020 4:23AM
  • VoluptaBox
    VoluptaBox
    ✭✭✭

If you read the instructions it says what to do.

And instead of that snarky waste of a reply, you could have pasted that instruction for other peoples stumbling by.

"You can also do this from the official website. From your account page, select “Marketing Preferences” under the Account Summary section, then check the “I would like to receive news about new events and promotions” box and select “Save.”

Looks like only the first option is required.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    Disgusting.

The joke is on corporate I guess, I have five separate emails. :p
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did not say anything about unchecking the box after you get the pet. Just sayin'...
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been signed up for awhile, my only suggestion would be that the emails go out the same time things are added to game/posted to website because there is a 1-2 day delay on most and I already know the info by the time it gets to my email.
  • MsDarkness1313
    MsDarkness1313
    Soul Shriven
    Yes, I can read the instructions. Yes, I have read said instructions before even posting to the forums. The point was I was just confirming that NOT having the second boxed checked wouldn't end up losing out on the pet. Which is why I asked if we needed BOTH or just the ONE. Sure would suck to find out after the fact that you missed out on the free pet because you checked one box when you were supposed to check both so I figured I'd ask to confirm.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I can read the instructions. Yes, I have read said instructions before even posting to the forums. The point was I was just confirming that NOT having the second boxed checked wouldn't end up losing out on the pet. Which is why I asked if we needed BOTH or just the ONE. Sure would suck to find out after the fact that you missed out on the free pet because you checked one box when you were supposed to check both so I figured I'd ask to confirm.

That is probably a future torture promotional event.
  • skulltape
    skulltape
    Soul Shriven
    What if I've already done these steps and nothing happens?

edit: I see, this isn't something that you get automatically. You get a code sometime in the future a month or so from now.
    Edited by skulltape on June 22, 2020 9:49PM
  • chris.hileyb16_ESO
    Will we actually get some sort of confirmation that we have successfully opted in? Account page is currently "in maintenance" so I can't check!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we actually get some sort of confirmation that we have successfully opted in? Account page is currently "in maintenance" so I can't check!

I got a marketing email about Stadia.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Just managed to log in.

Under 'Subscriptions' it says:
    "You don't have a membership for The Elder Scrolls® Online yet."

Can anyone explain? Should I be worried?
    I'm on PS4

Thanks.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • GeneralEU
    GeneralEU
    ✭✭✭
    1.07 and none E-mail for Infernium Dwarven Spiderling GG zenimax!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have marketing emails enabled and still nothing.
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    The information on the site says that the code for the pet will be sent out " during the month of July", so those who are concerned that they have not as yet received their pet might need to wait a little longer.
  • MoonlightShadow
    MoonlightShadow
    ✭✭✭
    I got my email, but when I tried to use the code, it says it has already been used and is invalid. I checked my collections and no pet.
  • MaLTRaiN
    MaLTRaiN
    ✭✭✭
    Still waiting... someone else didn't receive the code yet?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaLTRaiN wrote: »
    Still waiting... someone else didn't receive the code yet?

Same here. Still waiting.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting too. Nothing in spam or promo folders as well.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't received anything yet but the article says codes will be distributed in July, so we still have time :expressionless:
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the distribution of these codes still ongoing?

I got them on a couple of accounts yesterday but there are a couple more on which I've received nothing.
  • B100d1ust88
    I'm with you guys :) ...still nothing :)))
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing here yet either.
  • Susan_Sto
    Susan_Sto
    ✭✭✭
    No, I haven't received any email either. I have checked spam, promotions, etc and nada.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Susan_Sto wrote: »
    No, I haven't received any email either. I have checked spam, promotions, etc and nada.

I expect that ZOS/Bethesda will be rolling them out in batches through the entire month so that they don't get flagged for spam mail.

I received one for my main account, but not for my second account.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, as mentioned in another thread emails with codes are still going out. If you haven't received yours yet just hang tight for now.
    Staff Post
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all, as mentioned in another thread emails with codes are still going out. If you haven't received yours yet just hang tight for now.

giphy.gif