Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Venomous Smite in PvP

Bergzorn
Bergzorn
✭✭✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

I get it, you need to make your new chapter attractive to a broad audience, thus you introduced a new damage proc set with a comparably strong PBAOE, an easy proc condition, and not a lot of counterplay. But may I humbly ask that you please change it to a ground-based AOE and/or give it the Sload's Semblance projectile threatment rather sooner than later?

And while I'm at it, what's with empowering stealth snipers via Blood Frenzy and Strike from the Shadows passive, lessening the risk that would balance the playstyle with the Undead passive, and all this with the ongoing atrocious Snipe desyncs?

Best regards!
no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /signed indeed
    Options
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Don’t listen to the haters zos
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will, every new chapter/wuteva brings a set or two like this

I don't know what it does; don't need to.

The pattern is pretty obvious by now
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

Venomous is pre-nerfed sloads on steroids: deals comparable single target damage while dealing that same dmg also to nearby targets (hilarious), comparable ease of application, lack of counters, applies a nasty status effect, etc.

But hey, we also got malacath - so I guess ZOS is just beyond pretending to care for balance and goes for even the most cheap & dirty tricks to milk the cow.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous is pre-nerfed sloads on steroids: deals comparable single target damage while dealing that same dmg also to nearby targets (hilarious), comparable ease of application, lack of counters, applies a nasty status effect, etc.

Hey, give ZOS some credit. At least Venomous Smite does not proc itself.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

Options
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I got cc'd in the water today and ate that proc for 11k granted i wasnt buff at all and in medium, so curious what its hitting for you guys buffed up?
    Options
  • Tammany
    Tammany
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinchiTV wrote: »
    So I got cc'd in the water today and ate that proc for 11k granted i wasnt buff at all and in medium, so curious what its hitting for you guys buffed up?

[snip]
    Iam running squishy nighblade build and never seen this proc hits me for more than 6-7k overall damage, calurion does much more pressure to the target due to instant damage. Never died to it (easy to outheal 10 seconds periodic damage, slow af), but this damage has been inluded in the counter just an additional source of damage, not main one by far.

Tried that set, saw 600-700 ticks against plars/tardens and went back to spriggan.
    It works well for bursting squishy targets with meh self healing only and fighting against ballgroups due to aoe damage, [snip]

[edited for baiting/bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Lunar on June 18, 2020 1:43PM
    Options
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

But hey, we also got malacath - so I guess ZOS is just beyond pretending to care for balance and goes for even the most cheap & dirty tricks to milk the cow.

Malacath can't be combined with venomous smite since the proc condition is crit damage.
    Edited by cheemers on June 18, 2020 1:34PM
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
    Options
  • FatherDelve
    FatherDelve
    ✭✭✭
    cheemers wrote: »
    Agreed.

Malacath can't be combined with venomous smite since the proc condition is crit damage.

But Draugrkin can be.
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

I get it, you need to make your new chapter attractive to a broad audience, thus you introduced a new damage proc set with a comparably strong PBAOE, an easy proc condition, and not a lot of counterplay. But may I humbly ask that you please change it to a ground-based AOE and/or give it the Sload's Semblance projectile threatment rather sooner than later?

And while I'm at it, what's with empowering stealth snipers via Blood Frenzy and Strike from the Shadows passive, lessening the risk that would balance the playstyle with the Undead passive, and all this with the ongoing atrocious Snipe desyncs?

Best regards!

You know that its an overland set that can be traded right?
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venomous does comparable damage to grothdarr buffed by elf bane. At range. With tracking so you dont actually need to keep an enemy in it.
    Options
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »
    Venomous does comparable damage to grothdarr buffed by elf bane. At range. With tracking so you dont actually need to keep an enemy in it.

Two piece monster set and five piece set its hard to compare...
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Especially if you have to take in an other 5 piece set to buff the monster set.. :D
    Options
  • cheemers
    cheemers
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

But Draugrkin can be.

Um.. The title of this thread is venomous spite, and I was responding to someone talking about malacath band. I'm not sure where Draugrkin fits in here, but thanks for the fun factoid I suppose.
    Youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UCDQ7FrJ0AjMt2auffLEf_Pw

PS4 EU - 18 characters, all DC
    Options
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Its more effective than a 2pc monster buffed by a full 5pc. Maybe read the whole statement? It wasnt long.

And to reiterate, its more effective than grothdarr with 7 full slots devoted to buffing it. Due to range and tracking
    Options
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

I never said it would... we got malacath the same patch as venomous, both indicating ZOS gave up on pretending to care about balance.

Not sure where your smart*ss comment fits in here, but thanks for the fun but known fact I suppose?
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,

Best regards!

You know that its an overland set that can be traded right?

Yes, I know. You may be reading more salt / sarcasm in the opening post than intented by me.
    Still, IMO the set is too strong by ZOS' own spreadsheet standards. I'm sure they were quite aware of that when designing it. I'm sincerely glad they spread the damage over ten seconds already, but it's still a lot of pressure for not that much opportunity cost.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

Options
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tammany wrote: »

[snip]
    Iam running squishy nighblade build and never seen this proc hits me for more than 6-7k overall damage, calurion does much more pressure to the target due to instant damage. Never died to it (easy to outheal 10 seconds periodic damage, slow af), but this damage has been inluded in the counter just an additional source of damage, not main one by far.

Tried that set, saw 600-700 ticks against plars/tardens and went back to spriggan.
    It works well for bursting squishy targets with meh self healing only and fighting against ballgroups due to aoe damage, [snip]

Best post in the thread in context. [Snip]

There are more powerful proc sets for PvP in the game. No need to rush out and nerf this new set just because it's NEWer and seeing more play.

[Snip] that led to Bloospawn OVERNERF, Pirate Skel OVERNERF, etc. Sometimes I think these nerf-herders are working for ZOS, FB friends etc., trying to help rationalize unnecessarily shaking up the game with nerfs to keep people playing more to regear, regrind etc.

[Edited for bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 14, 2020 6:08PM
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its rare in bgs to not see this on my death recap. With 28k phys resist this set still does over 10k dmg most of the time.
    Anyone not running a purge is definetly feeling the pressure from it.
    Options
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttaface wrote: »
    Tammany wrote: »

[snip]

There are more powerful proc sets for PvP in the game. No need to rush out and nerf this new set just because it's NEWer and seeing more play.

[Snip] that led to Bloospawn OVERNERF, Pirate Skel OVERNERF, etc. Sometimes I think these nerf-herders are working for ZOS, FB friends etc., trying to help rationalize unnecessarily shaking up the game with nerfs to keep people playing more to regear, regrind etc.
    [Edited for bait]

No need to rush the nerf indeed, I barely have time to play during the next months anyway. But the last few times I logged in, this set's proc was everywhere. Even with just 600-800 damage per tick, it's strong and unnecessarily annoying to play against.

A lot of players have succumbed to direct damage proc sets in no-CP PvP over the years. But me and others asking for them to be balanced is not nerf-herding or crying, it's still a valid opinion.

Btw, Bloodspawn is still ok. Not great, but still viable. I use it.

Edited by ZOS_Volpe on July 14, 2020 6:08PM
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

Options
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know... Sheer Venom + Venomous Smite + Wild Hunt is quite absurd. But I guess any dual proc sets would be.
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 7 ticks of venomous smite hit me for 11k yesterday, and i'm pretty sure I was buffed up and on a necro with the ghost out....
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine defending Venomous Smite, which is basically Sload 2.0 but as an PbAoE.....
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    /signed
    Options
  • Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    /signed
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
    Options
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The tooltip isn't even written correctly so it doesn't show that its like 30k damage in an aoe with no flight time, look at the other dot procs in the game than look at that one. It's at least TWICE as much damage as it should be if compared with other sets.
    Options
  • dinokstrunz
    dinokstrunz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this set isn't nerfed for Stonethorn... I don't even know. It's literally pre-nerf sloads but on AoE. This set needs a nerf warrant asap.
    Options
  • Jaxaxo
    Jaxaxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed.

But Draugrkin can be.

Tho it doesnt buff draugrkin
    Forum War - pro AC side

EU PC Azura Star/Sotha Sil/Bahlokdaan/Ravenwatch
    Triggered Tryhards / Aetherius Art / LND / DC-PD

DC - Frostitute magden
    AD - Pees-under-Trees magden
    DC - Lemme Dark Deal stamsorc
    EP - Lemme Dark Déal stamsorc
    Youtube
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    precambria wrote: »
    The tooltip isn't even written correctly so it doesn't show that its like 30k damage in an aoe with no flight time, look at the other dot procs in the game than look at that one. It's at least TWICE as much damage as it should be if compared with other sets.

I mean after battlespirit and mitigation it will hit for about 1k a sec, wich is not bad, but its hardly the issue by itself.

Imho they should reduce the duration on the set.
    Options