The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

No one can see my whispers, my chat, nothing, can't even buy from guild stores

ravenwendigo
ravenwendigo
✭✭
Currently I can only chat in guilds, every other chat I write does not get seen by any other player. This includes, group, zone, /say and whispers. Also it's not possible for me to write mails. I see my outgoing chat message but no other player can read it. Guild chat does work, but anything else not. I have tried to disable addons, repairing my client, restarting computer. I have written support tickets but it didn't get solved yet.

And now I discover I can't even buy from guild traders.

The only reason I can come up with, is that I got banned from chat, but there is no reason? And I have sent for support and got a generic reply to appear online etc. This is totally making the game unplayable for me. Please help
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is called a "social ban". Something you did flipped an automated system that is designed to limit activity of bots and gold sellers. Keep following up to the original support ticket. Do not start a new ticket! Keep following up and say, "This does not help me. I have an erroneous social ban and need it lifted." You might have to do that a few times before it reaches someone in customer support who has authority to lift the ban.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hey there @ravenwendigo could you please provide your ticket number so that we can look into it for you?
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    Hi, I have two as I suspected my account got hacked at first. 200611-011767 and 200611-011424

Fun instance, queued for pledge, during pledge group skips a boss of the pledge, I couldnt say anything to them because of the mute and they leave group. I am sooo frustrated.
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    Also, why didn't I get any notification with reasons why it happened etc? It doesn't make sense. I literally did nothing I was raiding with my raid group and all of a sudden no one could see my whispers/ group chat anymore.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, why didn't I get any notification with reasons why it happened etc?

This is a question that, to this day, has never been answered. ZOS should never do anything like this to an account without notifying the player. Never.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

This is a question that, to this day, has never been answered. ZOS should never do anything like this to an account without notifying the player. Never.

I think ZOS is hesitant to explain exactly what leads to a social ban because it would give real bots and gold sellers a blueprint for what to do (or not to do) to work around the rules. Also, I would not be surprised if these tools are being constantly updated as bots and gold sellers try new tricks and workarounds. So, any guidelines given by ZOS might become quickly outdated.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    I think ZOS is hesitant to explain exactly what leads to a social ban because it would give real bots and gold sellers a blueprint for what to do (or not to do) to work around the rules.

^This.^

Social bans aren’t in the game just to inconvenience players.
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @ravenwendigo we can confirm that your ticket #200611-011767 is open and a support agent will respond as soon as they can.

Thank you for your patience and please be aware that we are currently experiencing high contact volumes due to the impact of COVID-19 and you may experience increased waiting times when contacting Customer Support.

Please also note that updating your ticket will put it at the end of the line and delay the response time. Due to this, we advise that you only update your ticket as necessary.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks for the info.

Re: The social ban info, it doesn't make sense not to get at least a notfication about it and a basic info why. Took me literally over a day of messing around add ons, game launcher, looking into forums etc to try figure why my game wasn't working as supposed. A notification would have been nice.

Playing the game is painful without being able to communicate.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Elsonso wrote: »

I think ZOS is hesitant to explain exactly what leads to a social ban because it would give real bots and gold sellers a blueprint for what to do (or not to do) to work around the rules. Also, I would not be surprised if these tools are being constantly updated as bots and gold sellers try new tricks and workarounds. So, any guidelines given by ZOS might become quickly outdated.

They don't need to explain exactly what leads to it. I would think that an "oh, by the way, you've been banned for ToS Reason X. If you would like to challenge this, submit a ticket. Please be aware that it could take a month to get back to you due to COVID-19. Please have a nice day." would be an acceptable courtesy. Well, minus the sarcasm. :smile: It would be better than what we have today.
    Social bans aren’t in the game just to inconvenience players.

Not just to inconvenience players, no. That is an apparently common side effect. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    OMG I can't even Trade!!! How am I supposed to play the game? Can't communicate, can't trade, can't buy from traders. Please for the love of God help me!!! This is making the game unplayable...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @ravenwendigo

We can understand wanting to get full access back to your as soon as possible. As mentioned our support team is experiencing high volume which is causing ticket response delays. Please keep us updated on when you get a response back. We can also check on the ticket status if needed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Staff Post
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    Ok thanks. Fingers crossed I get a response sometime soon.
  • ravenwendigo
    ravenwendigo
    ✭✭
    And I haven't recieved anything yet. In the meantime I am running out of materials I need to craft stuff and I can't buy them :(