Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I camped Thinks-In-Gears to get the lead for Weathered Dwarven Cogs. It took a while. Frankly, I was mainly afk due to domestic aggro, of the feline kind. I.e., I was playing with my real-life pet cats while my fictional pet daedra tried to do some killing. Once the crowd of other camping players thinned a bit, I did get a few kills that way, and eventually got the lead. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As promised, I found the lead for the Dwarven Spine Coupling in some "Curious Dwemer Rubble" in a corner of Rkulftzel Crafting Location (Song of Lamae Set). Specifically, it was in a sandy area to the left of the clothing station.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    B0SSzombie wrote: »
    Just got the Sorcerer King's Blade Lead from a Cropsford Daily. And considering you can also get it from Chedinhal, Vlastarus, and Chorrol, I'd wager you can get it from ANY Cyrodiil daily quest.

That's reassuring! I've done 30 quests so far (Bruma/Cheydinhal/Chorrol) without getting the lead and was starting to lose hope. Drop rate seems to be fairly low then.
    Edited by Ufretin on June 18, 2020 7:57AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my Hecatomb Tassels lead on my second kill of General Zamachar. I also killed Gali Storm Sister once on the way to the General's location.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Rune-carved mammoth skull dropped from a mammoth in Eastmarch, even though it's a Rift item and I had to dig it up in The Rift.

There were so many people looting Mammoths in the Rift, I farmed Timber Mammoths in Malabal-tor. Both gold mammoth leads dropped for me.
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    OK another one - the Rune-Carved Mammoth Skull.

I have farmed my ass off in The Rift, between the Autumn's Gate player house and Mammoth Ridge. It is possible that the mammoth will go extinct purely as a result of my farming them.

Am I in the right place the lead drop?? Is there anywhere else??

Oh, and does anyone want to buy some mammoth blubber......?

Got it off a Timber Mammoth in Malabal-Tor too,
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a lead for Carved Whale Totem by killing a sabre cat in Western Skyrim. Wasn't expecting that.
    PC EU
  • Palindiil
    Palindiil
    ✭✭✭
    I have been attempting to find the gold lead for the music box for ages, several safeboxes a night, no luck.

Logged in today after two days offline, first safebox I opened, I got it.

There MUST be something other than RNG going on here.
  • Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moons Blessed Ceremonial Pool = got this from an urn doing the quest in the new moon fortress in the sky doing the quest just before killing Khalgrontiid
    Edited by Ozby on June 19, 2020 5:35PM
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • KatLi
    KatLi
    Soul Shriven
    Cyrodiil Chests (Toadstool Hollow) Purple The Heartland
    ^ Has anyone found this? I spent all evening and nothing.
  • Palindiil
    Palindiil
    ✭✭✭
    KatLi wrote: »
    Cyrodiil Chests (Toadstool Hollow) Purple The Heartland
    ^ Has anyone found this? I spent all evening and nothing.

No, I think it is currently bugged. RIP my grinding
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The RNG on some of these leads Is crazy. A buddy and I were farming leads in Reapers March today. We were not grouped up. We did the world boss for the Malacath band lead. First kill, he got the lead. Second kill, I got the lead. No problems there. We went to Rawl'kha for lockboxes for the moonlight mirror. First couple boxes and he gets the lead. Almost an hour goes by as I open over 40 lockboxes and get nothing.

And as for the treasure maps for the motif pages, 1 zone first chest gives the leads. Next zone 3-4 chests till the leads drop. And heaven forbid I get a purple furnishing lead from a chest, then it becomes 6- 10 more maps and chests before the leads drop. And maps are becoming expensive as everyone is buying them up for use or to jack up the price for a hefty profit.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 20, 2020 3:33AM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Any tips? Have been going after the stained glass window lead that I understand drops from dragons in Northern Elsweyr. I have killed approximately seventeen gazillion dragons and the f---ing thing isn't dropping. Does it drop from anything else?

Hints, tips, and commiserations that I am the unluckiest SOB ever to walk the face of Tamriel all gratefully received! :smiley:
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    Any tips? Have been going after the stained glass window lead that I understand drops from dragons in Northern Elsweyr. I have killed approximately seventeen gazillion dragons and the f---ing thing isn't dropping. Does it drop from anything else?

It took me 38 dragon kills before I got my first lead. Others have gotten it on the first try. It's really just luck of the RNG.

And I've not yet heard of any other means to get it.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • KatLi
    KatLi
    Soul Shriven
    Is Silvenari Sap-Stone (malabar tor) bagged too?
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Silvenari Sap-Stone (malabar tor) bagged too?

I would say Yes

Been doing my daily rounds of Thieves Troves and not a sniff of it just 4 sets of Windchimes
  • KatLi
    KatLi
    Soul Shriven
    Reward for completing a Heist. Tip Board Daily Quest in the Thieves Den - Morwha’s Blessing
    ^ Kari's daylies too?
  • barigood54_ESO
    Found Piece #3 of the Ring of the Wild hunt in Bad Man's Hallows, Bloatgut Boss I think :)

Spoiler: https://eso-sets.com/sets/type/mythic
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reward for completing a Heist. Tip Board Daily Quest in the Thieves Den - Morwha’s Blessing
    ^ Kari's daylies too?

You mean "Kari's repeatable quests" ?
    The answer is yes, I got the lead from a "covetous countess" quest.

• bazanar
    bazanar
    how many times do i have to run Darkshade to drop a lead? i tried vet and normal and nothing. normal i can solo it. but vet is quite frustating since most of the time people quit

any tip on farming that lead would be much preciated.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    bazanar wrote: »
    how many times do i have to run Darkshade to drop a lead? i tried vet and normal and nothing. normal i can solo it. but vet is quite frustating since most of the time people quit

any tip on farming that lead would be much preciated.

A friend helped me duo it on normal just to make it go faster. He got both leads I was after from Darkshade 1 and 2 the first time. Took me about 5 times each to get them.

Best tip is just do normal. Doing vet does not seem to matter.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got Worn Dwarven Gears from a Drake Brigand mob in the southern part of the island.
    I assume it can drop from any trashmob on Stros M'Kai.
    Edited by Ufretin on June 24, 2020 11:21PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My wife @DarcyMardin got the lead for the Carved Whale Totem in The Rift. It was from a random mammoth near the Giant Camp world boss we were ... errr, that we were CAMPING.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on June 24, 2020 10:51PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ Kari's daylies too?

Yes. I got it on my first tip board quest after Greymoor dropped. I haven't gotten another, however, in 10-15 more quest. (All Covetous Countess)
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they said they fixed the lead for the Prismatic Sunbird Feather. has anybody found it yet?

Also, I'm guessing that the other 5 are still bugged?
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭
    So they said they fixed the lead for the Prismatic Sunbird Feather. has anybody found it yet?

Where did you see they fixed it? Haven't seen that.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw someone on reddit got it, said it dropped from a gryphon in summerset.
  • HippieTheGreat
    HippieTheGreat
    ✭✭✭

Just found it on reddit, he is apparently on Xbox and they just fixed the feather today on Xbox and PS4. PC still a no go till the next patch for us.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just saw my beloved pick up a lead for a Carved Whale totem off a giant that he killed in the Rift. Oddly enough he was going a different zone to look for it, and the attack of the giant rudely interrupted his teleporting.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just found it on reddit, he is apparently on Xbox and they just fixed the feather today on Xbox and PS4. PC still a no go till the next patch for us.

Oh sweet, I'll have to go kill me some gryphons then.