Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Enter The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Home Decorating Contest"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
gpz44dhi3tu5.png
This is the official discussion thread for the "Enter The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor Home Decorating Contest" blog article.

Show off your sense of style and interior design skills for a chance to win some fantastic ESO prizes!
Staff Post
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was planning on making a vampire themed house for my next project anyway, but it would seem that there won't be time for the new Bastion house since the deadline is 3rd July, I'll have to think up something else.

Also in the rules it says "(e) you warrant that the Entry has not been previously published;"
    What does published mean in this regard, since we don't officially publish our houses?
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does the picture have to be from the live server or can we use the PTS? Also is it only limited to one picture?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the contest. I am not sure that I will participate (nords and vampires are not my strong sides), but it is a great idea still. I hope we will see at least the screenshots of the winners.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bastion sanguinarious is available in PTS but not Live, can we use PTS for the shots in Bastion?
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The screenshots should be taken on Live since not everyone has access to the PTS.
    Staff Post
  • bharathitman
    bharathitman
    ✭✭✭✭
    The screenshots should be taken on Live since not everyone has access to the PTS.

How would you differentiate though? Since most people would disable the UI when taking screenshots for a cleaner look
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How would you differentiate though? Since most people would disable the UI when taking screenshots for a cleaner look

It's likely down to if the screenshot has content that isn't obtainable in live
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 15, 2020 7:08PM
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Will the judges visit the houses that interest them before choosing or judge solely from the screenshot?
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will the judges visit the houses that interest them before choosing or judge solely from the screenshot?

I hope not I haven't cleaned my room
  • seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They'll be too many entries to visit them individually.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    They'll be too many entries to visit them individually.

That's why I specified 'the ones that interest them'. Ones they consider potential winners.
  • Rinthetharmo
    Rinthetharmo
    ✭✭✭
    This is 'bloody' awesome gl everyone!
  • Kazya
    Kazya
    ✭✭✭
    It's a nice idea, one I would have liked to try my hand at. But reading the official rules seems to once more exclude those of us living in Sweden (as well as many other countries) *sad*
    Mother Earth and Father Night gives me comfort, protection and shelter every step I take.
    Brother Sun gives me the warmth I need, while Sister Moon lit my path so I don't get lost.
    Auntie Life follows me on my journey until Uncle Death sing me the last lullaby.
    /C.O 20121122
  • WalkingCodex
    WalkingCodex
    ✭✭✭
    Kazya wrote: »
    It's a nice idea, one I would have liked to try my hand at. But reading the official rules seems to once more exclude those of us living in Sweden (as well as many other countries) *sad*

That has less to do with Zos and more to do with the laws of each country governing lotteries, contests, etc.
  • Jthomas56
    Jthomas56
    ✭✭✭
    Are we required to use a specific house for this contest? @ZOS_SarahHecker
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC players using an add-on like Essential Housing Tools must disable any add-on generated textures and effects prior to submitting the screenshot.

But they can still use the editing tools to create designs and item placement that would be virtually impossible or exponentially more time consuming to do on console?

Will console players have their own separate category and associated prize pool, or are they lumped into one big happy addon-filled competition?
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jthomas56 wrote: »
    Are we required to use a specific house for this contest? @ZOS_SarahHecker

Nope! Feel free to get creative :)
    Staff Post
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    PC players using an add-on like Essential Housing Tools must disable any add-on generated textures and effects prior to submitting the screenshot.
    But they can still use the editing tools to create designs and item placement that would be virtually impossible or exponentially more time consuming to do on console?

Will console players have their own separate category and associated prize pool, or are they lumped into one big happy addon-filled competition?
    The Precision Edit tool they added with Greymoor improved the vanilla housing controls significantly, although I can understand that it is still a lot harder to do on consoles than with a mouse and keyboard.

But yeah probably EHT or other AddOns should have no place in contests, imo, for fairness' sake.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice but it should be 3 grand prizes. One for PC, Xbox and PS4 to be fair to everyone.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So only players from the listed countries can participate eh? :(
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to clarify if the houses will be visited or judged just from the screenshot - cause no need to decorate anything NOT in the screenshot if there is no visit
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker is it one screen shot period or one screen shot per room in the vampire themed house we decorated? Thank you!
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker nevermind i found the rules thank you! just one screenshot got it
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker
    Is inclusion of player characters in the screenshot allowed/encouraged/discouraged? <3
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    Is inclusion of player characters in the screenshot allowed/encouraged/discouraged? <3
    I hope not :lol: I took my Screenshots of the house only (like the house loading screens we have).
    Using characters (maybe even guildies, acting out a scene) would distract from the actual housing design imo.

We might have a situation like the 'Daedric Outfit contest' where the winner won by standing in front of a constructed feather wing done with furnishings, which had nothing to do with the outfit system that the contest was supposed to be about.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    I would like to clarify if the houses will be visited or judged just from the screenshot - cause no need to decorate anything NOT in the screenshot if there is no visit

I know someone who would also like clarification on this - "If only what is in the screenshot is what will be judged, can we only decorate part of a house for the contest? Or does the whole house need to be finished?"

Thanks!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

I know someone who would also like clarification on this - "If only what is in the screenshot is what will be judged, can we only decorate part of a house for the contest? Or does the whole house need to be finished?"

Thanks!

We're not going to visit the houses. It's just based on what you submit. So no need to furnishing anything that can't be seen outside of your shot.
    Staff Post
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if you win and you already own the Greymoor CE?
  • scelesticscylla
    JHartEllis wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

I hope its allowed, or else I need to retake my screenshot :disappointed:

I did a whole vampire theme and used my vampire character in the screenshot!
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    What if you win and you already own the Greymoor CE?

You can probably gift it to someone.