The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Imagine having a vampire/dark themed chapter with no vampire themed rewards or item sets...

Noxavian
Noxavian
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Title. Anyone else find it kind of off that despite this entire chapter literally being about darkness and supernatural stuff, we don't have a single vampire set or reward from overland stuff or the trial? Why is the trial skin an ice themed skin....? Why are none of the trial sets vampire/dark themed despite it literally being about a vamp lord leading a monsterous invasion?

For a vampire centric chapter, why are we still getting dragon themed sets? One of the new sets is called Dragon's *something something*, I think appetite but idk.

Seems really weird to not have a SINGLE OVERLAND vampire/dark/supernatural themed set.... Same goes for the trial rewards and sets.

Not counting Bloodlord's embrace because that is 1 mythic item. Not a set or big trial reward.

EDIT: Solution: Prob too late to add in vamp themed rewards now, so in Q3 and Q4 those dungeons/overland better have some dark/vampiric themed stuff.....
Edited by Noxavian on May 5, 2020 1:05AM
  • justaquickword
    justaquickword
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing problems, but no solutions...
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was pretty excited too and utterly dissapointed.
  • mikey_reach
    mikey_reach
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah much like many animes this eso year just feels like a filler chapter.
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do find it odd, perhaps with this being a year long story, and us heading to the reach in Q4, we will have Reach Magic/Vampire/Other dark themed rewards then, or there could be some similar themed dungeon rewards in the Q3 Dungeons. Hopefully they add some stuff though, as it stands the only directly Vampiric set is Vampire Lord. Which got reworked to be worse for vampires than on live, due to the fact that the new 5pc effect is alot worse than at face value (Due to diminishing returns on the cost reduction) but only time will tell for all these theories.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm seeing problems, but no solutions...

Obvious solution is rather obvious and I didn't think I needed to mention it:

Just add in some vampire themed sets/rewards?
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Paradisius wrote: »
    I do find it odd, perhaps with this being a year long story, and us heading to the reach in Q4, we will have Reach Magic/Vampire/Other dark themed rewards then, or there could be some similar themed dungeon rewards in the Q3 Dungeons. Hopefully they add some stuff though, as it stands the only directly Vampiric set is Vampire Lord. Which got reworked to be worse for vampires than on live, due to the fact that the new 5pc effect is alot worse than at face value (Due to diminishing returns on the cost reduction) but only time will tell for all these theories.

Actually, there are 3 other vampire themed sets in the entire game aside from vamp lord.

Lamae's song

Vampire's Kiss

Vampire's Cloak.

But yes, it is really odd. I hope we get some more vampire themed stuff in our, idk, vampire themed chapter later....
  • Paradisius
    Paradisius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Actually, there are 3 other vampire themed sets in the entire game aside from vamp lord.

Lamae's song

Vampire's Kiss

Vampire's Cloak.

But yes, it is really odd. I hope we get some more vampire themed stuff in our, idk, vampire themed chapter later....

I was thinking more like sets that directly impact Vampirism, Similar to how Salvation is a set that directly compliments Werewolf by ult cost reduction and weapon damage increase, If Vampire Lord stayed the same as it is on live I actually would have used it. But since its just bloated cost reduction for vampiric skills at an extra 6% ability cost increase, I can just use front bar NMA and get way more value
  • ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll one-up you here.

Imagine a Vampire Themed Expansion without any ******* coffins.

THERE ARE NO COFFINS IN A VAMPIRE-CENTRIC CHAPTER! :D
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    I'll one-up you here.

We got cool urns!!! From the dungeon DLC...

Maybe that should have been a sign of what the future held.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the dark themed stuff will be in the new crown crates come June. There's the solution.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All the dark themed stuff will be in the new crown crates come June. There's the solution.

TRUUUUE

Lets make all the in-game items and effects boring and give the crownstore the vampire treatment.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well we will be getting vampiric furnishings, Including a proper canopy bed that is usable.
    Vampire House hopefully not limited time.
    The Vampirism rework with the nice feeding animations. Though crappy Ability cost weakness.
    New lore and storyline involving Vampires.
    There will be things in the Crown Crates for them and in the Crown Store.
    We might see more Vampiric item sets and there is those sets from the Vampire Dungeon they did last year that could be considered vampiric.

Also this chapter is heavily focused on Witches and Werewolves. So the overall dark theme is not vampire exclusive
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • TheInfernalRage
    TheInfernalRage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the beginning, Vampires appeared to have been the focus. I didn't expect Werewolves to shine.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well we will be getting vampiric furnishings, Including a proper canopy bed that is usable.
    Vampire House hopefully not limited time.
    The Vampirism rework with the nice feeding animations. Though crappy Ability cost weakness.
    New lore and storyline involving Vampires.
    There will be things in the Crown Crates for them and in the Crown Store.
    We might see more Vampiric item sets and there is those sets from the Vampire Dungeon they did last year that could be considered vampiric.

Also this chapter is heavily focused on Witches and Werewolves. So the overall dark theme is not vampire exclusive

The meaning of this post also refers to dark themed sets and isn't exclusive to just vampires.

(:

I said dark theme multiple times. It is in the title.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I foresee a Vampire Indrik with red eyes, red bordered black feathers, and a spoopy honk ;)
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine having a chapter with no interesting rewards or good item sets...
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    I'll one-up you here.

THIS just blew me away. And even in the vamp furnishings there is a terrible scarcity in general. Not only is there not a single coffin... there's not a single filled wine rack. What self respecting vampire doesn't have a rack of bottled blood for pity's sake? And can we talk about the scarcity of the vampiric furnishing style mat?

Makes me grind my fangs!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And WTH did SUMMERSET get THREE coffins and TWO mausoleums yet Greymoor gets NONE???? Oh and NO building materials! Not a single WALL! NOTHING!
    Edited by MornaBaine on June 2, 2020 1:37PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Any WTH did SUMMERSET get THREE coffins and TWO mausoleums yet Greymoor gets NONE???? Oh and NO building materials! Not a single WALL! NOTHING!

It’s because Altmer care about burying their dead. The vampires are nobility, they sleep in beds and when they die, they’re brushed up with a dustpan.
    Any dead serfs are put in pits.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vampirism rework with the nice feeding animations.
    The jump-&-bite animations are neat, but the blood-drain kill just looks flat out stupid.
    I'll take all the original gore with the bloody drain-feeding pre-patch, kthx.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why the vampires of the gray host would sleep in uncomfortable coffins when they live in castles
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I don't see why the vampires of the gray host would sleep in uncomfortable coffins when they live in castles

I would like to extend this and suggest that Greymoor's vampires find coffins kitschy

I think their version of making new vampire-themed sets was to buff the Vampire Lord set (and weren't there others? maybe not). But Vampire Cloak's effect still has nothing to do with vampires, and Vampire's Kiss is mainly there to be a guild trivia bonus question

At least they've developed a lot of new vampire cosmetics — a whole category of furniture recipes, the Colharbour cultist motif, an upcoming motif, upcoming furnishing packs, an upcoming house, and upcoming Crown Crate items. It's unforch that all this vamp stuff they've made is delayed when vamps were hyped up so much for Greymoor's release. Elsweyr's dragon and necromancer stuff continued to trickle in months after release, tho, peaking at Dragon Rise (wait a second .... are we doing that again this year with Dark Heart??)

I don't mind the zone sets and trial rewards reflecting the overall story & tone of the zone itself (which is more than just vampires, but a zone full of different stories)

Also why can't you contract vampirism in Western Skyrim? That would be cool.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Paradisius wrote: »

Lamae's song

Vampire's Kiss

Vampire's Cloak.

Four! There's Hollowfang as well. When you critically heal or damage the set summons a blood helot that returns magicka along with giving you a vitality buff.
  • Josira
    Josira
    ✭✭✭✭
    The chapter was advertised as the "vampire themed chapter"
    [Snip]
    Honestly the only good thing was the feeding animations. The whole reworked skill line is so damn bad.
    Oh and a passive skill line is what we got from the chapter. didnt we only get passive skill lines from dlc's? where is the active skills? the rework? for the base game update? that had no new animations for active abilities and reskinned abilities with a ''''''transformation''''' that makes you into a daedric clown? a suicide button? a slap spammable? no way of putting pressure on people with a melee centric skill line? [Snip]

[Edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 9, 2020 4:25PM
    "BlooD FReNZy TicKS aLL thE BoXes of WhaT iT mEanS tO bE a VaMpiRe"
  • Druid40
    Druid40
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord should be reverted and the reworked bonuses should be added to a new set without the adverse "bonuses".