The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Auto Social Ban has wrongly targeted my account - Please resolve

CleverGemini
CleverGemini
Soul Shriven
@ZOS_BillE Please help resolve this issue. This social ban placed on my account.

Ticket is 200613-019218

This keeps happening to my account particularly when I am in the middle of a private conversation with friends, even in player homes. The Auto-social ban disables all social functions. Trade/Group chat/Say Chat/Guild Bank etc.

Then someone has to say something like..."Are you saying something?" Because I am quiet too long.

This had nothing to do with sending lots of mail or invites...so?.....

I am starting to think it's because I chat too fast in "Say" and "Group" during role play.

Auto social ban should only last 24 hours max. Real players that are paying with their real money that they work for ---then not being able to play something for a long period of time, such as two weeks (some players report)...is truly unacceptable.

They can't all be doing something wrong. Maybe some are, but from what I see in these forums...they are truly puzzled to why they are actually getting socially banned for to begin with.

Just like me.

Auto Social Ban is not working as intended. Please pass along information to the team responsible to maybe fix whatever it's selecting as something that is worth socially banning a player's account for.

Lastly, what are the parameters that will select someone for a social ban other than sending too much mail and zone spam? If nothing is reported in a ticket, does it last forever? I spend too much time trying to defend my account from this reoccurring problem.

It gets resolved or lifted then another week it happens again...On a weekend on my days off...

I just want to play normal again, please.

Ticket is 200613-019218
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I sometimes wonder if they know why/what triggers these.

Why can't they tag an account as 'one to watch' rather than this silent killer where the player is left puzzling for ages before they maybe find the forum and realise they wasted a ton of time fiddling with add-ons, re-downloading the game etc.

I wonder how many more paying customers just give up assuming the game is broken? Which, in reality, pretty much sums it up.

@CleverGemini I hope this gets fixed for you soon and permanently so you can return to enjoying the product you paid for.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »
    I sometimes wonder if they know why/what triggers these.

Why can't they tag an account as 'one to watch' rather than this silent killer where the player is left puzzling for ages before they maybe find the forum and realise they wasted a ton of time fiddling with add-ons, re-downloading the game etc.

I wonder how many more paying customers just give up assuming the game is broken? Which, in reality, pretty much sums it up.

@CleverGemini I hope this gets fixed for you soon and permanently so you can return to enjoying the product you paid for.

They know why/what triggers it as Zos designed the trigger. It comes from too many requests to the server. It is likely an addon that has caused the issue. Since Zos does not support the add-ons it is not for them to monitor what they do. Essentially, we use them at our own risk.

Granted, there could be something else involved but it is generally addons and it seems to be happening more frequently since Zos reduced the frequency they can interact with the server to reduce the server load.

And yes, I hope OP gets this resolved quickly though it will likely take help since CS has been dealing with a backlog during COVID.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @CleverGemini

Please check your forum inbox for a PM regarding your ticket.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    They know why/what triggers it as Zos designed the trigger. It comes from too many requests to the server. It is likely an addon that has caused the issue. Since Zos does not support the add-ons it is not for them to monitor what they do. Essentially, we use them at our own risk.

Granted, there could be something else involved but it is generally addons and it seems to be happening more frequently since Zos reduced the frequency they can interact with the server to reduce the server load.

If it is caused by add-on traffic, it would be nice if they could be more selective with the ban. Right now, it just looks like a shotgun approach. They just block everything. Since it is applied in stealth and requires a ticket to resolve, it is less than helpful in making sure it does not happen again.

People have long pointed the finger of doom in the direction of guild mass mailers, but I am in a guild that uses one of those every couple of days, seemingly with no bans. If it is that, someone is able to use it without drawing a ban.

There are other add-ons that make use of sending mail, either for "phone home" stuff or data collection. I know that the Crown Crate add-on phones home after Crown Crates are opened. There may be add-ons out there that send mail without telling the player when it happens. Bans could be happening because these mails trip some detection algorithm, or are just happening too much.

It might not even related to sending mail. It could be automation related.

There is another class of add-on that processes incoming mail, like the free crafting materials mail handling add-on.

It could be "message traffic" related to guild queries, daily writ crafting, or some other add-on automation that makes daily life easier.

It is pretty much impossible to provide any reliable guidance, suggestions, or warnings to people when ZOS is out there sneaking around hunting for wabbits but not telling us what a wabbit is. :smile:

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus