Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sell-to-Fence UI error

• Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry but 2 - 3 weeks for this fix is simply unacceptable. Something of this magnitude needs a fix in hours not weeks. Stealing is part of this game, its a way of making money and that has just been taken away from us all for who knows how long.

I have a load of stolen goods on me, I cannot fence them, I won't destroy them, means I have to carry them on me until such time as the fix happens. All the time I will be accumulating more amd more stolen goods I cannot fence and laundering is not an alternative as I make no money that way.

This is a major issue for many players, the software companies I've worked with would class this as highest priority due to the number of players its affecting - which is everyone - and get it fixed ASAP.

We don't need vague 2 - 3 weeks, we need to be hearing we are treating this as urgent and will put out regular updates as to when it will be fixed.

We also need a date for when the next incremental is due, as a software company you have a road map, you know when patches should drop, let us know, communicate with us in a meaningful manner. Blowing sweet nothings in our ears accomplishes nothing.

Totally agree.
    A bug of this magnitude should have been found BEFORE the patch was released. It took me 5 minutes from downloading the patch to encountering the bug.
    Play testers?
    Still fuming. ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Lixiviant
    Lixiviant
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Gina, you really are teasing us with the 2-3 week fix on the fence issue, aren't you? I can't believe we are going to have to suffer with this.
    PS4/PS5/NA - And sometimes EU

Daedroth might bite, just letting you know
  • Pennie
    Pennie
    Soul Shriven
    2-3 weeks is completely unacceptable.
  • VLAMMIG ELE B
    VLAMMIG ELE B
    Soul Shriven
    This is a disgrace a issue like that should be treated asap not in 2-3 weeks, glad i first statted releveling in place of buying the expansion if this is the way they handle it i'm not buying anything, i don't wanne know how long it takes for a normal patch then.
    For the ebonheart!
  • SadnessInSolace
    SadnessInSolace
    ✭✭✭
    The Thieves Guild dlc is completely useless now, my way of getting Antiquity Leads is a pain because I have to carry around stolen items.
    Kinda making me wish I didn't come back to this game.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe incrementals are every second Wednesday. I’m intensely relaxed about it. I’m getting through my daily crafting writs much quicker without the thieving. I’ll be glad when it’s fixed but it’s fine (for me) for two weeks.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    GenjiraX wrote: »
    ...I’ll be glad when it’s fixed but it’s fine (for me) for two weeks.
    I think it will be much longer than that. Apparantly there are a lot more bugs to be fixed apart from the game breaking fence issue.

New players buying 'Greymoor' first will be faced with this major bug, so they're paying for a broken game. Sad.

Still fuming. >:)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Superkraut
    Superkraut
    ✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

But didn't you say that PC incrementals will now occur bi-weekly, but if needed, you can update quickly?
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please consider fixing this via a hotfix - I don't care if it costs you money to do so.

New players being introduced to this game and want to steal, will certainly be turned off by the fact that they can't fence anything - and their inventory capacity is much less.

No to mention that thieving is one way of obtaining antiquity leads. I guess we just have to leave all the other valuable stuff behind or clog our inventories?

Also, I know that stealing is often a good source of obtaining new furnishing plans.

It is unacceptable that this made it to console launch, considering it was a bug ALREADY REPORTED on PC. But, since PC has a workaround (just use the mouse), you decided to just let it slide? Or put it on the very back burner (even behind the stove)? If you really thought that not being able to fence stolen items for 2-3 weeks was acceptable, then I wonder how many of you really do play this game.
  • MaskScarah11b14_ESO
    MaskScarah11b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'm so glad I pay 15 a month for a game that is always breaking. I can't believe you guys expect us to balance our inventory and wait 2-3 weeks for a fix, as the person said above me that is unacceptable. You are making my main toon almost unplayable because I can't sell my goods. Unbelievable and unacceptable!
    Edited by MaskScarah11b14_ESO on June 12, 2020 7:29PM
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    2 - 3 weeks, you can't be serious? It's only been like this for two days on console and it's already becoming super annoying.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    A fix in 2 or 3 weeks is better than no fix at all 🦄
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • ob1ken0bi
    ob1ken0bi
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @GenjiraX. We should have a fix for this in the next incremental patch.

Any ETA on this next patch?

Nothing solid yet, but somewhere in the ballpark of a 2-3 weeks.

YIKES!!!!!!
    Seriously 2-3 weeks?
    Stealing/Picketing a HUGE part of this game. Skill lines are dependent on this. Income is dependent on this.
    Your basically disabling major functionality of the game for 2-3 weeks.

For the love of all things Elder Scrolls....PLEASE HELP US!!!
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Treasure/pilfered goods bag, like craft bag, would be a very nice thing to have right now ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @GenjiraX. We should have a fix for this in the next incremental patch.

Any ETA on this next patch?

Nothing solid yet, but somewhere in the ballpark of a 2-3 weeks.

Normally I am quiet on stuff like this. I was about to buy Greymoor, so glad I didn't now. So what is the compensation we are going to get especially if we have to wait two to three weeks? As I said, usually I would be quiet and not ask for compensation but this is ridiculous.

Paying for ESO and now I can't play because I have no space?

Just venting, this is frustrating, but we do deserve compensation for this, since this should have been caught on Zenimax Studios end.

May as well cancel my ESO+ now since I can't play now.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • HushAzrael
    HushAzrael
    ✭✭✭
    What in the actual ?!#*! Two or three weeks?! For a patch on something that is literally game breaking? In addition to all the other ridiculous nuisance bugs?!? I wish I hadn’t bought this chapter on day one, this is ridiculous. Might as well just quit playing.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that I had been working on the black market mogul achievement daily (little under 100,000 gold to go, so close) makes me almost take this personally. Why don’t you want me to have that purple dye? :'(
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall, this bug was noticed on PTS, even. That something this bad made it to live is...

... a good reason to delay release would have been this sort of thing.
  • Blacknight841
    Blacknight841
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to be clear, this issue was reported on the PTS....

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6743892#Comment_6743892

...but so was the fact that after 4 years post homestead, there is still a duplicate "orcish chair, peaked" furnishing plan and item (epic and superior). Reporting on the pts does absolutely nothing, and It is nothing more than a marketing stunt to get influencers to talk about and promote the new product.
    Edited by Blacknight841 on June 14, 2020 6:58AM
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6743892#Comment_6743892

So 2 to 3 weeks from 2nd May, 2020. The patch should be ready now.
    [Snip]

[Edited for bashing/misinformation]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on June 16, 2020 9:33PM
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

...but so was the fact that after 4 years post homestead, there is still a duplicate "orcish chair, peaked" furnishing plan and item (epic and superior). Reporting on the pts does absolutely nothing, and It is nothing more than a marketing stunt to get influencers to talk about and promote the new product.

Totally missed the fact it was broken during PTS. Completely unacceptable but hey I could not complete the main quest
    without logging out and taking a break for a day.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529939/critical-zone-story-stop-bug-greymoor-rising#latest

Believe working from home has made this glitchmoor.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »

Totally missed the fact it was broken during PTS. Completely unacceptable but hey I could not complete the main quest without logging out and taking a break for a day.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529939/critical-zone-story-stop-bug-greymoor-rising#latest

Believe working from home has made this glitchmoor.

So the whole Greymoor chapter is bugged?
    Not even bought 'Greymoor' and having issues with glitches in other zones.
    Really disappointed, I used to love this game but it's just got too big.

We need an ESO 2 for the PS5. :)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Liferefugee
    Liferefugee
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno the response to this chapter release is either on scale to the fallout bags or this title is already on the decline to the point that they are just bleeding it dry. How this made it past QA should make the testers cry themselves to sleep at night. You know you can do better, and management needs to let you do better. The team failed us this time. Nearly a month to fix something you have known about for more than a month is not going to keep you in business.
  • UrbanAchiever
    UrbanAchiever
    Soul Shriven
    Please don't take this bug lightly, many of us have quit games over far less. The thieving aspects of the game are huge for myself and many others. So much so that I regret recently purchasing a year of ESO+ and will likely request a refund and look for greener pastures in another game if this isn't fixed in a timely manner. I recently came from a game where things were repeatedly broken and left that way for months while the money I spent on its subscription went to waste. I couldn't stand to play a broken game then and I certainly won't now.
    Edited by UrbanAchiever on June 16, 2020 12:53AM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Care to elaborate?

Look, this game has a feature that's flatout broken. And not in some vague way, that's literally an unhandled code error on a core part of the game. Which by the way was reported in early May on the PTS. The game launched June 10th, a full month after a game breaking bug was reported and now we're expected to wait 3 weeks? Why wasn't this communicated as a known-issue for launch?

Come on.
    Edited by Destai on June 16, 2020 8:48PM
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »

So 2 to 3 weeks from 2nd May, 2020. The patch should be ready now.
    Proves that ZOS don't care, they just want our money.

That's just shameful. Amazing they didn't even call this out as a known issue. Maybe they can give away Thieves Guild after this as recompense for launching with yet another game-breaking bug.
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Destai wrote: »

...Maybe they can give away Thieves Guild after this as recompense for launching with yet another game-breaking bug.

We all should have the 'Thieves Guild' dlc anyway, and my Piharri the Smuggler is getting bored.
    Maybe they could give us one month free ESO+ membership so we can try out Greymoor before we pay, to see if we will like it when fixed. ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 - 3 weeks ouch how did this bug make it to live please fix it sooner
    Edited by Deathlord92 on June 17, 2020 12:58PM
  • JessPushToPlay
    JessPushToPlay
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one with this error- I think I can just put my extra stolen items in my home chest? Not sure-- either way, too bad we can't just stuff them all in some random barrel!! :wink:

@hafgood I have found I can just launder them and then should be able to sell to a regular merchant... in case your pockets get a bit too heavy.
    hafgood wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry but 2 - 3 weeks for this fix is simply unacceptable. Something of this magnitude needs a fix in hours not weeks. Stealing is part of this game, its a way of making money and that has just been taken away from us all for who knows how long.

I have a load of stolen goods on me, I cannot fence them, I won't destroy them, means I have to carry them on me until such time as the fix happens. All the time I will be accumulating more amd more stolen goods I cannot fence and laundering is not an alternative as I make no money that way.

This is a major issue for many players, the software companies I've worked with would class this as highest priority due to the number of players its affecting - which is everyone - and get it fixed ASAP.

We don't need vague 2 - 3 weeks, we need to be hearing we are treating this as urgent and will put out regular updates as to when it will be fixed.

We also need a date for when the next incremental is due, as a software company you have a road map, you know when patches should drop, let us know, communicate with us in a meaningful manner. Blowing sweet nothings in our ears accomplishes nothing.

Edited by JessPushToPlay on June 17, 2020 1:14PM
    PC & PS4 | NA
  • Rogue_Pumpkin23
    Glad I'm not the only one with this error- I think I can just put my extra stolen items in my home chest? Not sure-- either way, too bad we can't just stuff them all in some random barrel!! :wink:

@hafgood I have found I can just launder them and then should be able to sell to a regular merchant... in case your pockets get a bit too heavy.

While I don't deny that laundering and then selling any stolen goods is a viable option, it kinda defeats part of the purpose of the whole Thieves Guild DLC, which is to steal stuff and make tons of gold off of it by selling your ill-gotten goods to a fence. The cost of laundering an item is the same as the amount of gold you'll subsequently receive when selling it to a legitimate merchant. You might be getting rid of the stolen good, but you're receiving a lot less gold for it in the end.

For people who play as a thief, this is a huge blow. It takes a major part of the functionality of the game away from them. And the fact that this was a known issue based on PTS feedback before they launched Greymoor and it wasn't fixed before then is a slap in the face to a lot of players. They knew this was an issue, and they chose not to fix it. And now they want us to wait another 2 week to possibly more than a month while they fix an error that they'd known about for weeks? As it's been said before: unacceptable. Simply unacceptable.