The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sell-to-Fence UI error

• D382H
    D382H
    ✭✭
    Getting the same error on PS4 Pro I have all the expansions and DLC CEs.
    Daemonica
    Dark Elf - Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact - EU (UK) - PS4
    "May you hear the whispers of the Night Mother and feel Sithis in your heart... for we are those who answer the call to be the daggers that strike from the shadow... kill well Sons and Daughters of Sithis! Long live The Dark Brotherhood!"
  • UrbanAchiever
    UrbanAchiever
    Soul Shriven
    There's a distinct lack of communication regarding this issue. I'm new to these forums and am wondering if bugs that hinder or halt gameplay are usually better addressed. I've tried reaching out by opening a ticket regarding the fence issue, but only received what seemed to be a templated auto response that reiterated the 2 to 3 week timeline for a fix.
    Edited by UrbanAchiever on June 18, 2020 5:14PM
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    Rikkadir wrote: »
    We all should have the 'Thieves Guild' dlc anyway, and my Piharri the Smuggler is getting bored.
    Maybe they could give us one month free ESO+ membership so we can try out Greymoor before we pay, to see if we will like it when fixed. ;)

Just to correct my comment above. ^^^
    Subscribing to ESO+ will NOT give you access to the 'Greymoor' chapter.
    You'll have to pay £55.00 to access the broken (until the patch) chapter.
    Sorry. ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • VenuvianRaider
    You can resolve this for now by laundering the items first, then sell to merchant.
  • VenuvianRaider
    hafgood wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry but 2 - 3 weeks for this fix is simply unacceptable. Something of this magnitude needs a fix in hours not weeks. Stealing is part of this game, its a way of making money and that has just been taken away from us all for who knows how long.

I have a load of stolen goods on me, I cannot fence them, I won't destroy them, means I have to carry them on me until such time as the fix happens. All the time I will be accumulating more amd more stolen goods I cannot fence and laundering is not an alternative as I make no money that way.

This is a major issue for many players, the software companies I've worked with would class this as highest priority due to the number of players its affecting - which is everyone - and get it fixed ASAP.

We don't need vague 2 - 3 weeks, we need to be hearing we are treating this as urgent and will put out regular updates as to when it will be fixed.

We also need a date for when the next incremental is due, as a software company you have a road map, you know when patches should drop, let us know, communicate with us in a meaningful manner. Blowing sweet nothings in our ears accomplishes nothing.
    hafgood wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry but 2 - 3 weeks for this fix is simply unacceptable. Something of this magnitude needs a fix in hours not weeks. Stealing is part of this game, its a way of making money and that has just been taken away from us all for who knows how long.

I have a load of stolen goods on me, I cannot fence them, I won't destroy them, means I have to carry them on me until such time as the fix happens. All the time I will be accumulating more amd more stolen goods I cannot fence and laundering is not an alternative as I make no money that way.

This is a major issue for many players, the software companies I've worked with would class this as highest priority due to the number of players its affecting - which is everyone - and get it fixed ASAP.

We don't need vague 2 - 3 weeks, we need to be hearing we are treating this as urgent and will put out regular updates as to when it will be fixed.

We also need a date for when the next incremental is due, as a software company you have a road map, you know when patches should drop, let us know, communicate with us in a meaningful manner. Blowing sweet nothings in our ears accomplishes nothing.

You can launder the items first...
  • VenuvianRaider
    fitzceros wrote: »
    I don't think this post relays the seriousness of this problem. You cannot bank or mail stolen items.

Our inventories are full from this valuable stuff. This is an income stream for people who don't sell at traders. The economy of the game has changed instantly. Opening chests, while giving XP, gives no reward for the risk in town.

Fix this, please. We didn't break it but I'm losing thousands every day.

Are there work-arounds you can do? Remove stolen designation? Put gold equivalent in inventory instead of item? Make stolens temporarily mailable? Create a virtual bag of holding we can sell once the patch is in? 2 weeks isn't really acceptable. Full inventory stops progress and destruction of items seems unfair for those bearing the risk.

Also, sorry, but the pauses and stutters during combat and deconstruction are not fun either.

4 and a half years. Please.

Launder the items...
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭
    You can resolve this for now by laundering the items first, then sell to merchant.

But this gives you no profit ...
    Edited by Knipskastenmann on June 22, 2020 3:35PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@VenuvianRaider No profit in that.
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but that’s utterly pointless. Net zero. Might as well just destroy them.

• Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭

@VenuvianRaider No profit in that.

The only benefit you get from laundering is an increase in your 'Legerdemain' skill line if not already at level 20, the maximum. ;)
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just going to ask when the Fence glitch was going to fixed... then I saw all of this.

I guess my Khajiit is going into forced semi-retirement for awhile - she's got an inventory full of ...um... "borrowed" stuff that needs to given to the ...um... needy people in back alleys and underground places.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    This issue will be fixed with tomorrow's console patch. Thanks for your patience, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Hardhearted
    This issue will be fixed with tomorrow's console patch. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

Appreciated. BUT:
    Is there a list of fixes?
    - unending dragon roar
    - sell-to-fence
    - continued group chat dropping
    - ICP end boss bug (and really, really bad rng on drops (seriously - i've run it 20+times trying to get a leeching lightning staff and no-one in the group gets that drop))
    - etc
    - etc

I've canceled my eso plus and held off on Greymoor update until base game bugs start getting squashed.
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be fixed now? I'm Xbox, EU. Only tried selling white and green items so far, but at least I was able to sell them to fence. If it sticks, thanks for fixing :)
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be fixed now? I'm Xbox, EU. Only tried selling white and green items so far, but at least I was able to sell them to fence. If it sticks, thanks for fixing :)

Yes, I checked it yesterday during brief time the game was up. Still broken on PC though.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Selling items to the fence has been fixed on PS4 as of patch on Wednesday.

Thanks for getting out the patch to us early since all quality levels were broken for us.
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    ✭✭✭
    I encountered the problem as well. Last time I tried was yesterday morning around 11am central time so not sure if that was before or after the patch im XB NA. I'll try again when I get home