The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Total loss of sound during and thereafter Harrowstorm XB1/EU

TheWoanderer
TheWoanderer
✭✭✭
Everytime I engage in a Harrowstorm that involve about 10 or more players, halfway through, my sound disappears completely. Only logging out to character select will fix it. Any idea on why this is and what can be done to fix it without having to log out?
On XB1/EU
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @TheWoanderer

You may experience audio issues with the game if you start it prior to connecting your headsets to the Xbox One. We recommend plugging the headset into the console before starting the game and see if that resolves the stuttering. If it doesn't, you can try the troubleshooting listed below.

Clear Save Data
    1. Exit to the dashboard and then return to the game.
    2. Exit to the dashboard and then close the game out completely.
    3. Shut down your Xbox One for 30 seconds and then reboot.
    4. Clear your Save Data:
      1. From the Xbox Home Menu, navigate to My games & apps.
      2. Go to Games.
      3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
      4. Select Manage Game.
      5. Highlight and select Save Data for the desired user.
      6. Select Delete.

Please be aware that deleting this save data will only reset your settings. No character data will be affected.

Turn off HDMI audio

You may also experience issues if your HDMI audio setting is on. There is hardware that will have difficulty with audio while using this setting.
    1. From the Xbox Home Menu,navigate to your Settings.
    2. Select Display & Sound.
    3. Select Audio Output.
    4. Under HDMI Audio select Off in the drop-down options.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @TheWoanderer

You may experience audio issues with the game if you start it prior to connecting your headsets to the Xbox One. We recommend plugging the headset into the console before starting the game and see if that resolves the stuttering. If it doesn't, you can try the troubleshooting listed below.

Clear Save Data
    4. Clear your Save Data:
      2. Go to Games.
      3. Highlight The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited tile and press the [Menu] button of the controller.
      4. Select Manage Game.
      6. Select Delete.

Please be aware that deleting this save data will only reset your settings. No character data will be affected.

Turn off HDMI audio

You may also experience issues if your HDMI audio setting is on. There is hardware that will have difficulty with audio while using this setting.
    3. Select Audio Output.

Then why am I losing all audio literally just walking around the Undaunted Enclave? https://twitter.com/i/status/1271259130834104321

Edit: This is new to this patch, this has never happened to me before, and no, this is NOT my Xbox. Your solution to fixing the missing audio is to....disable audio? Yeah, can't have audio issues if you don't have audio <smart.jpg>
    Edited by Cortimi on June 12, 2020 2:24AM
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Rataroto
    Rataroto
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheWoanderer

Clear Save Data
    4. Clear your Save Data:
      2. Go to Games.
      4. Select Manage Game.
      6. Select Delete.

Turn off HDMI audio

3. Select Audio Output.

This is also happening on PC/NA during Kyne's Aegis first boss.
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    @TheWoanderer

Clear Save Data
    4. Clear your Save Data:
      2. Go to Games.
      4. Select Manage Game.
      6. Select Delete.

Turn off HDMI audio

3. Select Audio Output.

Appreciate the response, I've been a regular player for over a year and the above response is kinda standard behaviour for me due to past audio issues in game. I tried all of that the second time it happened and it did not fix the sound problem. The problem returns each time I engage in a Harrowstorm with a large amount of players present.

Only logging out back to character select seems to fix the issue. The sound returns instantly on character select screen.
    At the end of the day, once the achievements have been made concerning harrowstorms and the initial hype around Greymoor has subsided, there most likely won't be such a huge amount of players hanging around waiting for Harrowstorms, in fact I kinda forsee them becoming as dead as Craglorn Anomalies simply due to the time it takes for them to respawn and the weird respawn sequence sadly. So I guess the issue will likely not be experienced much in the future.

I'm also grateful in a way that I only have to return to character select to fix the problem and not have to return to xbox home and go through multiple load screens in order to get back in game as that would be incredibly frustrating.

My post was really to ascertain whether this is a unique problem or if others were experiencing it too. As if it was a general problem, a fix could eventually be in the pipeline but if it was unique to me then possibly I may find myself alone in trying to figure out what's going on.

Thoroughly enjoying Western Skyrim though and apart from a few small issues like terrain and walls not loading every now and again and slight bit of selection lag, the update has been pretty darn smooth.

Stay strong
    W'o'a
  • TheWoanderer
    TheWoanderer
    ✭✭✭
    I should add. This loss of volume issue does not happen in Blackreach.
  • HoustonHeart
    I have the same issue. Happens with optical audio. Happens hen using headsets. It seems to be more often a certain area and always with narrow storms.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If the audio troubleshooting above has not helped, please submit a ticket to customer support detailing the issue so this can be investigated further.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post