The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sell-to-Fence UI error

GenjiraX
GenjiraX
✭✭✭✭✭
The UI error that we have on PC when trying to sell stolen blue items to a Fence seems to have been ported to the Xbox except it's all items (or at least blue and green) and, because there's no mouse, there's no workaround. Inventory's full, can't offload stuff, can't move forward.

Just waiting for screenshot to upload...

Edited by GenjiraX on June 10, 2020 9:49AM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks @GenjiraX. We should have a fix for this in the next incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, Gina (I won't @ you on a launch day).

Here's the screenshot for anyone who's interested. Does anyone know when the next incremental for Xbox is? Is it in two weeks' time?

SVoA1XP.jpg
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭
    Getting this on PS4 as well
  • tony1kenobi
    tony1kenobi
    Soul Shriven
    rysm8awn3u0n.jpg

Yeah ps4 here as well. And you can't bank stolen goods either so.... destroy them. Not cool. Just had to pay 500 gil in wanted costs, selling this stuff usually pays for my indiscretions. No way we have to wait 2 weeks to fix this?
  • stargazer69
    stargazer69
    ✭✭✭

Yeah ps4 here as well. And you can't bank stolen goods either so.... destroy them. Not cool. Just had to pay 500 gil in wanted costs, selling this stuff usually pays for my indiscretions. No way we have to wait 2 weeks to fix this?

No need to destroy them, I could still launder them and then sell to merchant
  • tony1kenobi
    tony1kenobi
    Soul Shriven
    don't they sell for the same amount it costs to launder them?
  • GenjiraX
    GenjiraX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to destroy them, I could still launder them and then sell to merchant

You gain nothing by doing this. It's quicker and easier just to destroy them in your Inventory (well, I think it is).

Edited by GenjiraX on June 10, 2020 12:05PM
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    This is poor.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When's next update?
  • RoninOfNight
    RoninOfNight
    ✭✭✭
    Working as intended.
  • RoninOfNight
    RoninOfNight
    ✭✭✭
    Lol
  • schlaflos_inWien
    same problem for me on ps4!
    i have my inventory full with stolen items and cannot sell them anymore..
  • Princess_of_Darkness
    m0s9yguqiqbz.jpeg

Got it on PS4 as well, when trying to sell both green and blue items :(
    Rick Sanchez: "Sometimes science is more art than science, Morty. A lot of people don't get that."
  • SeaWoodStage
    SeaWoodStage
    ✭✭✭
    I have this problem as well, Xbox One, EU. Can launder fine, but can't sell any stolen items (of any colour) to fence. Annoying, as I was going to be focussing on the thieves guild questline over the next couple of weeks.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This won't be fixed for 2 weeks?
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay, and I was working daily on the last 100,000 gold needed for the black market mogul achievement too 😐
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two weeks as a minimum? I bet it'll be more like a month, on console. Or more.

Come on, ZOS... a certain other game I play a lot of, the devs have a patch every 2-3 weeks, but on the weeks they don't have a patch, they have a hotfix that applies just by waiting in the main menu a few seconds... I'm sure there is a better way to do it than what ESO has now.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • Hardhearted
    Happening to me too. Also hearing from guildmates that group chat is even more broken than before.
    So happy I didn't upgrade and spend another $50 for a product that can't get the basics working.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two weeks as a minimum? I bet it'll be more like a month, on console. Or more.

Come on, ZOS... a certain other game I play a lot of, the devs have a patch every 2-3 weeks, but on the weeks they don't have a patch, they have a hotfix that applies just by waiting in the main menu a few seconds... I'm sure there is a better way to do it than what ESO has now.

They have to pay for a hotfix on PS4. Unless it's crown store related they won't do it
  • LiesySchwarz
    t071ckkygvyg.jpg

Same here. PS4 EU
    Liesy Schwarz | PS5 | EU
    Guildmaster @ Death Express
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    t071ckkygvyg.jpg

Same here. PS4 EU
    Same here on PS4/EU

This is disgusting. Waited 12 hours to download the 2.04 update (bug fixes and improvements), and now can't play.
    Does nobody play test updates before they are released? Obviously not.
    Why is it bugs are always created after an update?

Needless to say I WON'T be buying the Greymoor chapter.

FUMING.
    [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 11, 2020 2:34PM
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Knipskastenmann
    Knipskastenmann
    ✭✭✭

Any ETA on this next patch?
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭

Don't hold your breath. Last time it was the 'weapon attacking when drawn' problem.
    I now have four characters with full inventories of stolen goods, and nothing to do.
    So much for levelling the 'Legerdemain' skill line.

Sorry but still fuming...
    And my level 1 vampire won't feed anymore.
    And the game said my skills were reset, but they weren't.
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 same thing. As stated just launder the items then sell them in the thieves guild
  • Rikkadir
    Rikkadir
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 same thing. As stated just launder the items then sell them in the thieves guild

Done that thanks, Veinblood1965, but doesn't make any gold.
    The only good thing about that was getting the 'Loot Sanitizer' achievement. lol
    And my vampire now really sucks.
    Guess we just have to wait. Does it work on the fences in Greymoor?

Cheers
    PS4/PS5/EU
  • fitzceros
    fitzceros
    Soul Shriven
    I don't think this post relays the seriousness of this problem. You cannot bank or mail stolen items.

Our inventories are full from this valuable stuff. This is an income stream for people who don't sell at traders. The economy of the game has changed instantly. Opening chests, while giving XP, gives no reward for the risk in town.

Fix this, please. We didn't break it but I'm losing thousands every day.

Are there work-arounds you can do? Remove stolen designation? Put gold equivalent in inventory instead of item? Make stolens temporarily mailable? Create a virtual bag of holding we can sell once the patch is in? 2 weeks isn't really acceptable. Full inventory stops progress and destruction of items seems unfair for those bearing the risk.

Also, sorry, but the pauses and stutters during combat and deconstruction are not fun either.

4 and a half years. Please.
    Edited by fitzceros on June 11, 2020 1:44PM
  • fitzceros
    fitzceros
    Soul Shriven
    PS, we've admonished our peers to be courteous for years to clear their chests. All that will be gone just like that. Funny not funny.
  • fitzceros
    fitzceros
    Soul Shriven
    Previous post edited to exclude launderable functions.
    Edited by fitzceros on June 11, 2020 1:45PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Nothing solid yet, but somewhere in the ballpark of a 2-3 weeks.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'm sorry but 2 - 3 weeks for this fix is simply unacceptable. Something of this magnitude needs a fix in hours not weeks. Stealing is part of this game, its a way of making money and that has just been taken away from us all for who knows how long.

I have a load of stolen goods on me, I cannot fence them, I won't destroy them, means I have to carry them on me until such time as the fix happens. All the time I will be accumulating more amd more stolen goods I cannot fence and laundering is not an alternative as I make no money that way.

This is a major issue for many players, the software companies I've worked with would class this as highest priority due to the number of players its affecting - which is everyone - and get it fixed ASAP.

We don't need vague 2 - 3 weeks, we need to be hearing we are treating this as urgent and will put out regular updates as to when it will be fixed.

We also need a date for when the next incremental is due, as a software company you have a road map, you know when patches should drop, let us know, communicate with us in a meaningful manner. Blowing sweet nothings in our ears accomplishes nothing.