Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Smallscale Premade PvP

Comicman
Comicman
✭✭
Hello guys,
I have been commenting lately on this forum advocating why shared queue with solo players and premade in BGs isn't a good thing. We got to hear the comment from ZOS saying the activity in BGs have not declined and that they don't plan to reintroduce premade groups into BGs at this time. Which I personally feel is good. But many people want to play premade with their friends and guildmates, so they have a chance not only to prove their own skills but also their teamwork as a unit with their premade team, which I think is good as well. I never argued the fact that there should also exist a place for people who do want to play with a premade group but in my opinion, they should play vs equally made groups not vs random solo players.

As ZOS stated they don't want to split the BG queue cuz they are scared it would cause long queues for most and the player base would be split. But in my opinion, there are two ways to go around it. Either create a new type of "arena" queue where its only 2 teams match battling each other just for premade with rating visible(I don't think this would take too many people from solo queue, more likely it would motivate people to try both). Or create "tournament mode" for current BGs where a team of premade could sing up and participate in matches against other premade teams, in some kind of bracket with rewards, this could occur every X amount of hours, and again it wouldn't really affect negatively queue of normal BGs most of the time as there would be specific time set for it, so only at that specific time cca 1 hour could the number of solo players in BGs decline slightly.

What are your opinions about this? Or maybe if you have a better idea post it here. We have seen that ZOS staff does read the forums, even when it might be only cuz of moderation, but if good ideas are posted it might reach the developers and get into the game. I personally think that we need both SOLO and PREMADE PVP in the game, since different people like different things, and in the future also some new PvP content/gear, I think we can all agree that has been really neglected most of the time and there should be changes to improve it and make it more enjoyable and fun.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least it would be nice to have a lobby system like @iCaliban has suggested so that guilds can host their own tournaments and create custom matches/teams. There wouldn't be any official rewards to be earned, just bragging rights and whatever reward pot players want to create.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is not going to do anything to remedy this situation that requires significant development resources. It's nice to imagine what the ideal solutions could be (ranked mode, arena mode, new rewards, custom games, complicated matchmaking algorithms, etc.), but it's not going to happen, at least not any time soon.

If there is going to be a way for friends to play with each other in BGs in the near term, the solution must be one that is relatively easy for ZOS to implement. We can be pretty certain that ZOS will not just revert things to the old system, and based on the recent interview, it doesn't sound like they are inclined to split the queue.

So I'll say it again. Allow solos and duos to queue together. Keep it simple. Don't worry about modifying the MMR of the duo. Don't try to make sure each team has a duo. Just let a party of two people queue together and play on the same team, while changing nothing else. The team with the duo will probably have an advantage, but not an overwhelming one. And it would allow folks to play with a friend. It is a good compromise that, from an untrained eye, seems like it would be easy to accomplish.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    At the very least it would be nice to have a lobby system like @iCaliban has suggested so that guilds can host their own tournaments and create custom matches/teams. There wouldn't be any official rewards to be earned, just bragging rights and whatever reward pot players want to create.

A lobby system. Custom games. Group duels in houses. So many potential fixes not tied to the daily BG bonus which is what the naysayers truly care about.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭

I made post about that back in March, https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/517399/custom-battlegrounds-solution-for-premade-bgs#latest People didn't seem to be interested in it much.
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

A lobby system. Custom games. Group duels in houses. So many potential fixes not tied to the daily BG bonus which is what the naysayers truly care about.

A open pvp option for houses would be lit. They’d probably even make more money on the bigger houses than they already do because people would make some crazy arenas.
    Edited by Dakkx on June 10, 2020 1:11AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dakkx wrote: »

A open pvp option for houses would be lit. They’d probably even make more money on the bigger houses than they already do because people would make some crazy arenas.

Open PvP option in houses, with a CP/noCP switch.

I could see some sick FFA arenas being made up.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Dakkx
    Dakkx
    ✭✭✭

I would honestly pay money for this update. I stopped spending money on this game in scalebreaker so that’s saying something.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭

I would honestly pay money for this update. I stopped spending money on this game in scalebreaker so that’s saying something.

I should have followed your lead. This game is pretty terrible in all aspects of caster PvP at the moment.
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭

I was thinking about this and created guild with arena for dueling and group dueling. But it is damn far from what people need. It is bad that arena in Craglorn is not for sale anymore.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    Costume arenas/bg with traps and usable environments... Oh this game waste so much potential.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    We need to start pushing for group dueling !!!! and more open area houses we can buy to build our own arenas in !!!!
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭

100% support behind this idea as well as introducing group dueling !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭

I want group duels !!! I have been dreaming about group duels and about the amazing custom arenas I could build if we had them. We also need more open area houses like cold harbour to buy so we can build our arenas !!! Being able to create a custom BG queue would also be WAY TO SICK !!!