The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Custom Battlegrounds -Solution for premade BGs?

Comicman
Comicman
✭✭
Hey guys, first of all, I want to say that I do like the new change they made to BGs as it is the first real SOLO only PVP in-game and it offers us to test ourselves in a random team setups which for me is a lot of fun. But I do understand a lot of people want to play with their premade group in BGs not only in Cyrodil or IC. However, I don't think making two separate queues would be the solution as queue times for the premade might take hours. So how about introducing CUSTOM BGs, where you could set up custom team sizes creating your own 1v1v1 - 4v4v4 or possibly even just two teams BGs. You would need to find your own teammates but also your own enemies, this would completely eliminate queue times. To avoid abusing this in any way for rewards just have no rewards besides EXP for the CUSTOM BGs, however, allow us to set our own amount of GOLD as rewards so people have a reason to create a group and try to beat your group. Basically you could either put up X amount of gold and ask for people to challenge your group and get it all for free if they win, or you could make like a collective pool from each team and winner takes it all. I believe this would fix the "problem" as most people won't really care about not getting any other PVP rewards but actually will be happy to play with their mates again. I also think this would be an amazing addition to any PVP guilds where they could make events maybe even make some kind of own arena systems and it would be a nice place to even just duel someone. What do you guys think?

EDIT:
The MAIN idea is to bypass long queues on premade groups but in addition, it could be used for more alternative PVP as well as you could make LIST your custom game in battleground arenas like" LF 1v1 Deathmatch up to 100 points - gold reward for winning 100k GOLD, LF 2 more groups for 4v4v4 Cap the flag- no gold reward just for fun, " etc.

Sure adding the second queue for 4 men premade would work kinda same but IF we assume the queue might be really long a lot of ppl will be waiting in a premade queue instead of actually playing the game. This would also address people who enjoy PVP in more ways, without the chance of being abused to funnel AP or wins as there would be no rewards, except if you choose to set up YOUR OWN GOLD as a reward for the enemy for beating your team. Also the idea of earning gold for beating other players in duels/BGs might bring new people to PVP.
Edited by Comicman on March 28, 2020 12:09PM

Custom Battlegrounds -Solution for premade BGs? 18 votes

Yes, I would be happy with that addition.
55%
gitch2Sleep724Freakin_HytteJobooAGSAznoxTechnicaLangestonComicmanSteal187umLole 10 votes
No, I don't like it.
44%
idkLliliumReverbhappyhughes2001FakeFoxflamesingDanklordSebDeTyra 8 votes
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't like it.
    this is absurdly complicated. and you say having two queues wouldn't work?
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been saying for a while there should be a 1v1v1, 2v2v2, 4v4v4, 8v8v8, and a free for all with 12 players playing alone.

It doesn't complicate things and it lets players play how they want to. You are a solo que play 1v1v1, duo que join the 2v2v2, ECT. Even add a free for all to truly test your might as you try to be the top dog in a 12 player every man for thselves mode.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    Llilium wrote: »
    this is absurdly complicated. and you say having two queues wouldn't work?

How is creating a group of 12 people( or any amount you want) for custom BG complicated? I am not saying having two queues would not work, I am saying that having queue only for 4 men premade groups would take way to long. This would eliminate any queue at all and wouldn't have any negative effect on solo queue times.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like it.
    Many of us, maybe even most of us, just want to enter the regular queue as a duo. I won’t be going back into BG at all until that’s an option, and we’ve heard the same from many others in guilds, discord’s, and even on these forums.
    Edited by Reverb on March 22, 2020 1:17PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SOLO QUEUE ONLY & 4 MAN GROUP QUEUE ONLY

THAT IS THE ONE AND ONLY SOLUTION
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • SebDeTyra
    SebDeTyra
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't like it.
    This is ridiculously complicated. I say make 2 queues and when people realise that the playerbase who join in a premade is tiny the people who join as a premade will see what a huge and unfair advantage they've had over solo queuers.

No other game with PvP allows premades to play against a solo guy, it's completely unfair and they are not just doing what every other game does.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I don't like it.
    Sorry but the OP was hard to read since it lacks organization. Not being the grammar police, just pointing out it makes it hard to read.

It sounds like someone is trying to sidestep a queue for group BGs by making them some sort of custom job. If I got that wrong then the idea is far to complex and the simpler route fo two queues to accommodate groups and solo queues.

The dual queue idea makes more sense. Solo queue for what it is now. A ranked queue that permits both group and solo queue for people who want a more challenging PvP experience. It has worked well in other games that have smaller servers thought the other games just had two tiers, not a solo queue.
    Edited by idk on March 22, 2020 5:57PM
  • Lole
    Lole
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    SOLO QUEUE ONLY & 4 MAN GROUP QUEUE ONLY

THAT IS THE ONE AND ONLY SOLUTION

^ this and only this
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SebDeTyra wrote: »
    This is ridiculously complicated. I say make 2 queues and when people realise that the playerbase who join in a premade is tiny the people who join as a premade will see what a huge and unfair advantage they've had over solo queuers.

No other game with PvP allows premades to play against a solo guy, it's completely unfair and they are not just doing what every other game does.

What other games seperate solo que and premade groups?
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Sorry but the OP was hard to read since it lacks organization. Not being the grammar police, just pointing out it makes it hard to read.

It sounds like someone is trying to sidestep a queue for group BGs by making them some sort of custom job. If I got that wrong then the idea is far to complex and the simpler route fo two queues to accommodate groups and solo queues.

The dual queue idea makes more sense. Solo queue for what it is now. A ranked queue that permits both group and solo queue for people who want a more challenging PvP experience. It has worked well in other games that have smaller servers thought the other games just had two tiers, not a solo queue.

No, you got the MAIN idea pretty much to the point to bypass long queues on premade groups but in addition, it could be used for more alternative PVP as well as you could make LIST your custom game in battleground arenas like" LF 1v1 Deathmatch up to 100 points - gold reward for winning 100k GOLD, LF 2 more groups for 4v4v4 Cap the flag- no gold reward just for fun, " etc.

Sure adding the second queue for 4 men premade would work kinda same but IF we assume the queue might be really long a lot of ppl will be waiting in a premade queue instead of actually playing the game. This would also address people who enjoy PVP in more ways, without the chance of being abused to funnel AP or wins as there would be no rewards, except if you choose to set up YOUR OWN GOLD as a reward for the enemy for beating your team. Also the idea of earning gold for beating other players in duels/BGs might bring new people to PVP.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Many of us, maybe even most of us, just want to enter the regular queue as a duo. I won’t be going back into BG at all until that’s an option, and we’ve heard the same from many others in guilds, discord’s, and even on these forums.

Well to me that sounds like the problem isn't that you cant play with your friend in BGs anymore but it is simply that you cant have unfair advantage over solo players anymore.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Comicman wrote: »

Well to me that sounds like the problem isn't that you cant play with your friend in BGs anymore but it is simply that you cant have unfair advantage over solo players anymore.

So tired if this "I'm a solo player and I want it my way" attitude. THEY WANT TO PLAY WITH 1FRIEND that makes them have an unfair advantage in a MULTIPLAYER GAME MODE?

So because they have a friend or friends to play the game with and you want to be antisocial (you are probably one of those players that want everything including trials "solo" friendly) they should not be allowed to play because it's unfair they want to play with the friends YOU CHOOSE TO NOT MAKE/PLAY WITH PEOPLE. YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY ALONE. Stop trying to make the game to Elder Solo Player Online.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭

So tired if this "I'm a solo player and I want it my way" attitude. THEY WANT TO PLAY WITH 1FRIEND that makes them have an unfair advantage in a MULTIPLAYER GAME MODE?

So because they have a friend or friends to play the game with and you want to be antisocial (you are probably one of those players that want everything including trials "solo" friendly) they should not be allowed to play because it's unfair they want to play with the friends YOU CHOOSE TO NOT MAKE/PLAY WITH PEOPLE. YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY ALONE. Stop trying to make the game to Elder Solo Player Online.

First of all this new change to BGs is the first real SOLO PVP in the game if u don't include basic duels. There is still plenty of group PVP you can do. I do enjoy both. So maybe change your "attitude" before making assumptions or read the whole post and provide constructive criticism instead.

I was pointing out he wouldn't play 2v2v2 or even 2v4v4 which would be possible with the custom BGs. He wants to take organized premade into BG vs unorganized teams where even with only 2 good players it's easy to smash the enemies most of the time. And if you are saying it isn't then you are delusional. But honestly, if you came here just to post "We want to play vs solo as premade again, or nothing else" don't bother there are already many crying posts about that. This post is meant for people who do enjoy doing premade and organized PVP but on even ground.
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First of all this new change to BGs is the first real SOLO PVP in the game if u don't include basic duels. There is still plenty of group PVP you can do. I do enjoy both. So maybe change your "attitude" before making assumptions or read the whole post and provide constructive criticism instead.

I was pointing out he wouldn't play 2v2v2 or even 2v4v4 which would be possible with the custom BGs. He wants to take organized premade into BG vs unorganized teams where even with only 2 good players it's easy to smash the enemies most of the time. And if you are saying it isn't then you are delusional. But honestly, if you came here just to post "We want to play vs solo as premade again, or nothing else" don't bother there are already many crying posts about that. This post is meant for people who do enjoy doing premade and organized PVP but on even ground.

So if you guys want "solo" then there should be a 1v1v1 or a free for all where it's 12 people just fighting...... That is "Solo" gameplay. BG is designed for TEAM PLAY. people aren't saying they want to stomp "solo" players, they are saying they want to play with their friends and all people see is "I want to pug stomp"

And as far as having other pvp group content...... If you seriously think that then you don't understand PVP at all lol. I'll break it down so people can understand it lol.

Cyrodil- large scale pvp where it is designed to be 30+ people using siege and spamming aoe moves over and over and over again that causes so much lag moves don't fire and you dc ever few minutes due to lag. (Yep sounds like skill/fun to me)

IC- basically the same as above. People are farming for telvar stones so they stick in large groups. You have the gankers that try to pick them off to gain telvar then you got the skilled pvpers that go down to create 1vX videos against all the players farming telvar stones.

BG- small scale GROUP pvp. Has objectives where you WORK AS A TEAM to capture relics, flags, and deathmatch. This mode is the best spot because you don't dc much you don't have to play a horse simulation and siege/defend keeps, you just go in and get right to the action. It was also advertised as a small scale group mode where you could play with your friends upon release. (Sorry if you refuse to make friends in a MMORPG)

Now tell me where "SOLO" play fits into any of those modes? Why do you think there is no 1v1v1 mode? Let me tell you why. People are soft tbh and can't handle losing. If there was that mode all you would see is even more Nerf this thread, even more than we ready do. "SOLO" players have an option to form a group or play solo, but a game mode that is based around "TEAMWORK" should not be dumbed down to randomness just because "SOLO" players queing into the "team" based game mode feels at a disadvantage. "SOLO" players put themselves at a disadvantage and that's not a duo, trio, or a full premades fault, that is the "SOLO" players fault for not wanting to group in a "small scale group pvp mode" lol.

So the solo players solution is to "punish" people for playing together in a mode that is based off "teamwork"
  • wylievc
    wylievc
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like the consensus in the (remaining, and rapidly dwindling) BG community is that solo queue is not a solution. At this point, if nothing else, I would simply have the change reverted. I don't know if this proposed solution is the solution but it is a solution to the current problem (i.e. solo-only queue). I'd rather have this than have ZoS abandon/forget about BGs all together...

Along with the need for a change to the current queue system, If the argument is that there is not enough population to maintain multiple queues, then try changing the reward structure so the game mode is actually inviting and rewarding. IMO, as no-cp PvP goes, a lot of players don't want to spend a bunch of time doing PvE content to come up with a new build. Introducing a new reward structure like reward tracks from GW2 would be a fun/interesting/rewarding/incentivizing way to play the mode and actually choose between a few BoP sets to progress towards. Or any reward system that progresses toward a reward goal. Getting another reward for the worthy...I just leave those in my mail and deal with them all at once when I have about 100 new mails... It's not fun, rewarding, or incentivizing.
  • Comicman
    Comicman
    ✭✭
    wylievc wrote: »
    I feel like the consensus in the (remaining, and rapidly dwindling) BG community is that solo queue is not a solution. At this point, if nothing else, I would simply have the change reverted. I don't know if this proposed solution is the solution but it is a solution to the current problem (i.e. solo-only queue). I'd rather have this than have ZoS abandon/forget about BGs all together...

Along with the need for a change to the current queue system, If the argument is that there is not enough population to maintain multiple queues, then try changing the reward structure so the game mode is actually inviting and rewarding. IMO, as no-cp PvP goes, a lot of players don't want to spend a bunch of time doing PvE content to come up with a new build. Introducing a new reward structure like reward tracks from GW2 would be a fun/interesting/rewarding/incentivizing way to play the mode and actually choose between a few BoP sets to progress towards. Or any reward system that progresses toward a reward goal. Getting another reward for the worthy...I just leave those in my mail and deal with them all at once when I have about 100 new mails... It's not fun, rewarding, or incentivizing.

I don't think the BG community is dwindling actually the opposite with now being able to queue only solo I do get pretty much instant queue at peak hours in EU. I made this thread because there are few peoples crying every day on the forum that they cant play with their friends anymore. However, it seems they aren't really interested in playing with friends at all but only stomping people with a premade group(or duo) against solo players as they refuse every new idea and spam that they ONLY want the change reverted. Custom BGs would allow that but I would be useful addition for PvP guilds as well. But getting better rewards for PVP isn't bad idea as the current rewards are as u stated pretty underwhelming.