The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Mag Necro Blastbones.

DRTE
DRTE
✭✭✭✭
Don't know if this has been mentioned in another post. But the mag version of blastbone's needs a fix. This stat, The skeleton deals more damage the longer it chases the target. Needs to be changed to something like distance traveled as it no longer chases target.
DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
Agneyastra. Mag DK
Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
Get some help. Stamplar
Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
Nightbot. Magblade
Unslaad Krosis. Magden
Dirty lich. Magcro
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They know. A number of key people made videos. It's either being ignored or saved as pacifying candy fix for the last moment before PTS is releases, to cover for other things are not being fixed. (Shameless public awareness moment for poor, helpless, nerfed stamblade...)
    Edited by merevie on February 14, 2020 9:00AM
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been mentioned a number of times - by myself and others... Sadly, no news of a fix yet :(
  • Magna_Chronos
    Magna_Chronos
    ✭✭✭
    They need to fix this before releasing this Update on Live! Please @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ! Don't release this with Blastbones broken! </3
    Daggerfall Covenant - PC NA
    ID: Magna.Chronos
    GUILD ONE STRONG
    聞くは一時の恥、聞かぬは一生の恥
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally came on the forums to post this as a reminder too
  • Elusiin
    Elusiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh I'm wanting to come back to ESO just for the necromancer changes alone, also hype for the Vampire revamp in May, but like Magcro is what I main. Please do not let this go unchanged ZOS...
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »
    Ugh I'm wanting to come back to ESO just for the necromancer changes alone, also hype for the Vampire revamp in May, but like Magcro is what I main. Please do not let this go unchanged ZOS...

I think you’ll still enjoy it, the skill is very reliable now that it is YeetBones but I do hope they address this for the live patch.
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it affect the targets hit with minor mangle, i think only pulsar has this debuff it would be nice to see more abilities have access to this. It would help pve for trash pulls and it would be useful in pvp too.
  • NTclaymore
    NTclaymore
    ✭✭✭✭
    Major mangle would be better since the stamina blastbone apply major defile.
    He spoke, the son of Padomay, and nodded his head with the dark brows
    and the imortally anointed hair of the great god
    swept from his divine head, and all Mundus was shaken.
  • Magna_Chronos
    Magna_Chronos
    ✭✭✭
    Make it affect the targets hit with minor mangle, i think only pulsar has this debuff it would be nice to see more abilities have access to this. It would help pve for trash pulls and it would be useful in pvp too.

nice ideia
    Daggerfall Covenant - PC NA
    ID: Magna.Chronos
    GUILD ONE STRONG
    聞くは一時の恥、聞かぬは一生の恥
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To give mangle to it would actually be a very good idea, be it either minor or major. Major would fit better, to match the stamina morph indeed.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • BohnT2
    BohnT2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Major defile on the stamina morph is completely overtuned and will shape the next pvp meta around it.
    It is not the skill to take into reference when balancing the magicka counterpart.

Shalks/deep fissure on the other hand are almost the same skill.
    -bit more damage than blastbones (only due to wardens other passives)
    -bit bigger AoE 113m² vs 140m²
    - more expensive
    - both working with many passives of the class

They only feature major fracture/breach which isn't anywhere close to the power level of major defile and is a much more appropriate debuff/ buff when you want to buff other aspects of the class too without making them overperforming, which already failed for stamnecro next patch due to major defile being too powerful.

The idea of handing out minor/major mangle is good as it brings HP values down so less damage is needed in order to burst someone however it's a bit of a band-aid fix and those are what brought us into the current pvp meta.
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally like to see "off balance". This would at least give magicka necromancer a chance to CC via heavy attack. I know off balance is being reworked, but it would still be better than Bone Totem, which only fits a certain play style, and in most cases is never the CC you need when you need one -- either on offense or defense.
    Edited by propertyOfUndefined on February 17, 2020 1:19PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I favor up to 50% more damage based on distance travelled. I like the idea of having Really Big Burst compared to the stamina version's burst + debuff.

Everything does off balance now, and the result was off balance getting nerfed.

Necro really needs a CC, and to get one totem should should be changed to fear on cast and every 2 seconds after. The entire concept of "delayed CC" on totem and now Vampire drain makes no sense. CC should always be reactive and instant.
    Edited by katorga on February 17, 2020 3:42PM
  • Greek_Hellspawn
    Greek_Hellspawn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for supporting my idea guys! 😁 I said minor because major might be pretty op but on the other hand major defile is pretty op too so...Also i agree that magcro needs a reliable stun, make the agony totem morph instant it makes more sense since you cast the fear melee while the other morph is ranged
  • propertyOfUndefined
    propertyOfUndefined
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    I favor up to 50% more damage based on distance travelled. I like the idea of having Really Big Burst compared to the stamina version's burst + debuff.

Everything does off balance now, and the result was off balance getting nerfed.

Necro really needs a CC, and to get one totem should should be changed to fear on cast and every 2 seconds after. The entire concept of "delayed CC" on totem and now Vampire drain makes no sense. CC should always be reactive and instant.

Points taken :)
  • Revokus
    Revokus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would personally like to see "off balance". This would at least give magicka necromancer a chance to CC via heavy attack. I know off balance is being reworked, but it would still be better than Bone Totem, which only fits a certain play style, and in most cases is never the CC you need when you need one -- either on offense or defense.

I wouldn't like that idea very much..Of course off balance is good for regen. The problem is lightning staff heavy is the slowest and most bugged thing in the game.

You would need to use Flame staff heavy or Ice to CC with off balance somewhat effectively.

At this point you might as well just slot Flame Clench for the CC...

Another case of they never should have removed the stun from Shock Clench limiting build diversity even more.

I really like this idea of Major/Minor Mangle for Stalking Blastbones tho.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Revokus on February 17, 2020 10:07PM
    Playing since January 23, 2016
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does mangle affect PvP players now, because I didn’t think it did.
  • Yamenstein
    Yamenstein
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will this ever get looked into or is ZOS still happy with the Magicka morph of BB bringing nothing to the table.

You literally changed how the skill worked but left this specific morph alone. I might as well save the skill point and not morph it.

It either jumps straight away, as long as it spawns as expected, or runs around to fizzle out.

Dont see it doing much for PvE 🤔
    Edited by Yamenstein on June 6, 2020 4:06PM
  • Wuuffyy
    Wuuffyy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major mangle at 15% would be great. Not OP and be balance for PvE and PvP
    Wuuffyy,
    ESO player since 2014
    -PM for questions
  • SDKTJ
    SDKTJ
    ✭✭✭
    It is now September and it still hasn't been fixed, I can't even lol.
  • Vayln_Ninetails
    Vayln_Ninetails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elusiin wrote: »

If you come back for the vampire revamp Im afraid you'll be quite uhhh...disappointed.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has got to be the lowest of low hanging fruit to fix.

Mag Necro is undeniably the absolute worst class in PvP so they could literally do anything to this skill and not worry about throwing PvP balance out of whack.
  • Icaruzs
    Icaruzs
    ✭✭✭
    Make it deals more damage if the target is low

Magcro doesnt have an execute hability, while stamcro have DW and TH execute skill+the death knell passive.

All classes have an execute except mag necro and mag dk and mag warden
  • Koubo
    Koubo
    ✭✭✭
    Icaruzs wrote: »

Magcro doesnt have an execute hability, while stamcro have DW and TH execute skill+the death knell passive.

and StamPlar (WhirlWind is an AoE, which mean it's damage isn't enough to be worse to use and lose BL).
    Actually, MagCro have a passive that turn all skill in crit while in execute phase which is better than nothing.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Koubo wrote: »
    Icaruzs wrote: »

and StamPlar (WhirlWind is an AoE, which mean it's damage isn't enough to be worse to use and lose BL).
    Actually, MagCro have a passive that turn all skill in crit while in execute phase which is better than nothing.

The point he was making is that while not every class has an execute, stamina classes can at least fall back on the weapon sets to use for an execute. Mag does not have an execute on Destruction staves to choose and Mag have no other weapon option to choose from. It's just Destruction staves with horrible passives and half the skills of no use unless you have the corresponding monster weapon to make them not total garbage but still mostly garbage and just stat passives.

I hope the destruction staff changes they are making are much larger in scale and scope than a trivial change to destructive reach and frost staff. There's so much more needing improved for mag in this game.
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here we are again... another PTS and still no Stalking Blastbone changes. Another patch cycle where Mag Necromancers are worthless in PvP. But you found time to nerf them as only 10% damage on major vuln. ::slow clap::
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YO can this please be the update where mag blastbones has a secondary effect instead of a useless walking does me dmg even though it doesnt walk anymore just leaps (which i like) but really its lackluster compared to the other mag burst skills. And the skel mage should do more too, the only reason to use it is for the corpse it leaves, other than that its useless.
  • Wuerstal
    Wuerstal
    ✭✭✭
    Just writing this comment so the thread will be at the front page again and not silently forgotten. It astonishes me that they make changes to skills and don't think through if a bonus the skill has even is relevant after the change... Pls zos. Just give it something. be it higher dmg for distance traveled or a debuff or anything usefull. It can't be that hard. You can still squeeze this into this patch!
    Edited by Wuerstal on September 22, 2020 2:03PM
  • Jarrods32
    Jarrods32
    ✭✭✭
    Is there away to tag the dev's so they will actually see this feed
    Cause it's been awhile and literally acting like they forgot about stalking blastbones
  • setayco
    setayco
    ✭✭✭
    Made two consecutive posts about this last pts cycle. Both times i have gotten little feedback. Its really disappointing, the 10% damage increase on a debuff that can be purged before you are able to burst is really lackluster honestly, this patch is a little hard to grasp