Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Greymoor Console Launch Date Update"

• grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    (Personally, I'd be fine with losing a day of play, as per your suggestion.)

If they go through with not releasing Greymoor, or shutting everything down for the day (incl. for PC), I'll just put another game on. Which is why I don't see the point of it, I'll still go on the Xbox and be ignoring the news and TV all day - no doubt it'll be blanket coverage.

This. If they shut down and don’t release it I’ll just play something else.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS4 release got delayed again? For how long?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kmcaj wrote: »
    PS4 release got delayed again? For how long?

One day.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just a delay. Kind of like a car with a bad starter. Heh
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ....you're kidding right? That's the reason? Inconveniencing thousands of players to respect a funeral no one here is attending. I was expecting a day 1 patch or extra maintenance just to be sure we dont have a PC launch repeat. But, this? I work weekends. 13 hours Sat thru Mon. Ive been anticipating ending my work week by enjoying the chapter on Tuesday.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a refund if this don't launch on the 9th.
    For the Empire
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    ACamaroGuy wrote: »
    I seriously doubt your game launch will interfere with anybody's funeral services.

[Quoted post was removed]

I really hope you're not being serious here. Comparing people who died from a virus (which is awful, sure, but it's no one's fault, unless you want to start a debate about how unprepared many countries were for a pandemic situation like we have now) to the victim of racism-motivated police brutality? That is just not right, sorry.

As for the whole launch situation... it doesn't affect me personally, as i wouldn't have bought Greymoor on the 9th and I won't buy it on the 10th either. But I can kind of see both sides. It defintiely sucks if someone took the day off just to be able to play as soon as possible and now that was basically for nothing, a wasted "free" day.
    On the other hand, though (assuming that there is nothing else at play here and the death of George Floyd is really the sole reason for the delay - which I personally do believe in this case) I can see why ZOS would decide to do this and even if I had been hell-bent on buying the game on the 9th, I would not be angry or even disappointed. It is just one day, that's not the end of the world.

And to all the people who said that were the servers to be shut down for one day, they would just go and pick another game up instead: That's exactly how I feel about this as well. Just imagine it wasn't a delay but instead that the servers wouldn't be available at all and play something else, and then start Greymoor on the 10th. It's really not that big a deal. Not nearly as big as the heinous death of George Floyd, anyway.
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on June 7, 2020 1:28PM
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is PC greymoor being shutdown for the day to show their support?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offense meant. I went through the Ferguson protests and live close to the area. I’m sorry but I fail to see how this is out of respect unless there are members of the Zos family personally affected? In that case, I completely respect your decision.

Otherwise, this seems lame to me when it has been delayed by a month anyways and PC is already playing it.

Why didn’t you delay releases when Michael Brown had his funeral or so many other African Americans were murdered?
    Edited by Karivaa on June 7, 2020 1:58PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this delay is just a hollow "bandwagon" PR stunt.

So much for equality when you delay 1/2 to 2/3 of your player base for what is basically a political statement.

I come to ESO to get away from "real world" problems. Not to have them shoved in my face by the people I got to for "escape".

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, at this point, they can't change their minds or they will look like hypocrites. Their only option is to shut down the PC servers for the same downtime on the console servers.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite surprised by this decision. ZOS usually stays carefully away from political statements and positioning. Glad to see that major issues like this don't get sidekicked by "business goes on".
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most likely not.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Most likely not.

Then their "statement" will fall on deaf ears if they are going to give preferential treatment to 1 portion of their players while others go without.

I think that's called discrimination?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The console servers will not be shut down. It's just their update to Greymoor that's being postponed by one day.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We PC players did not get to play the day Greymoor launched either.

• Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We PC players did not get to play the day Greymoor launched either.

It's a little different when it was because the game didn't work as opposed to being delayed for political reasons.

The console servers will not be shut down. It's just their update to Greymoor that's being postponed by one day.

If we can't play greymoor for another day then PC shouldn't be able to play greymoor for the same political reason.

How are they supporting a good cause, if only part of the playerbase is affected.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Then the delay is pointless because either way people are playing video games -_-
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As much as I don't see the connection, if ZOS is going to delay for this reason, they should shut Greymoor down on everything to make their decision meaningful. Closing the crown could help to make this gesture seem sincere. As is it just seems a little empty and suspect to maybe just a PR stunt
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then the delay is pointless because either way people are playing video games -_-
    As much as I don't see the connection, if ZOS is going to delay for this reason, they should shut Greymoor down on everything to make their decision meaningful. Closing the crown could help to make this gesture seem sincere. As is it just seems a little empty and suspect to maybe just a PR stunt

This. Exactly.
  • kmcaj
    kmcaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What they should do, if ZOS truly cares, is sell Greymoor as planned but donate profits to an appropriate charity or organization to stop discrimination.
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they closed down the crown store but not the servers, that would really show something. Cause if they close down the servers, no problem play something else. It's... just a day out of the pocket of those who paid for ESO+. Which they will never get back.

But they can't force anyone to observe any particular day, nor care about any event. Most people globally have no idea about the US's problems, because they have plenty their own problems to deal with, so to try to force this observance globally is a huge miscalculation.

But the crown store would go further to showing how ZOS feels about things.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you miss the point. I am pretty sure it has nothing to do with you or what you do on that day. It is about ZOS and what they want to do on that day.
    Edited by Elsonso on June 7, 2020 5:59PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not taking sides, but that incedent happened 13 years ago. He served his time and made every attempt to turn his life around.

One bad choice doesn't make someone bad for life. He did not deserve what happened to him.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on June 7, 2020 7:03PM
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, Freedom of Speech only applies to GOVERNMENT, not private or corporate settings.

Legal Definition of freedom of speech
    : the right to express information, ideas, and opinions free of government restrictions based on content and subject only to reasonable limitations (as the power of the government to avoid a clear and present danger) especially as guaranteed by the First and Fourteenth Amendments to the U.S. Constitution
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I have submitted two refund requests, one for my son and one for myself. Once my wife gets home, she will also submit a refund request. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the refund ticket number or not. I'll let you know what lame excuse I get when they inform me a refund is not allowed.
    Edited by ACamaroGuy on June 7, 2020 7:17PM
    For the Empire
  • possived
    possived
    ✭✭✭
    I have submitted two refund requests, one for my son and one for myself. Once my wife gets home, she will also submit a refund request. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the refund ticket number or not. I'll let you know what lame excuse I get when they inform me a refund is not allowed.

me to i'm going to do the same i agree with you.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭

ESO support finally responded to my ticket, very quickly in fact. They told me they are unable to refund me for the update because I use a console. I was informed I must contact Xbox support instead for my refund. I hope this information helps others out as well. Good luck.
    For the Empire
  • possived
    possived
    ✭✭✭

ESO support finally responded to my ticket, very quickly in fact. They told me they are unable to refund me for the update because I use a console. I was informed I must contact Xbox support instead for my refund. I hope this information helps others out as well. Good luck.

just contact you bank and ask them they will be able to reverse the transaction good luck mate!
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't mean to use "incident" to diminish what happened or to insult anyone. I couldn't think of a better word to use without sounding like I was taking sides.