Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Greymoor Console Launch Date Update"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Greymoor Console Launch Date Update. The Elder Scrolls Online: Greymoor will now launch on consoles June 10 out of respect for George Floyd's funeral service.

We are delaying the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One launch of Greymoor out of respect for George Floyd and the service planned in Houston for June 9. We feel it would not be right for us to celebrate our launch and distract from more important events on that day.

Maintenance will begin on Tuesday, June 9 at 10PM EDT, and we expect it to last for seven hours. Patch notes will be published during maintenance.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't release it on the 8th?
    Edited by Langdon64 on June 6, 2020 12:15AM
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    What time will PS4 players be able to purchase the game and start the download?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, you launched two weeks ago, so this empty platitude does nothing but add to a long list of ways you manage to shaft console pla-- Know what? Sod it. I'll just play something else.

Don't get carpal tunnel with all that back patting; stay safe out there.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    George Floyd died on May 25th. What did you guys do on the 26th?
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    George Floyd died on May 25th. What did you guys do on the 26th?

There wasn't a national outrage then, right, so it's not their fault. They just weren't hip to the jive. Totes understandable.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they have a broken game for console and are trying to buy time
  • HappyTheCamper
    HappyTheCamper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I’m fine with it, one day won’t hurt me. Do what you gotta do.
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What a precedent you just set, ZoS. hehe
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love seeing game companies stand in solidarity on this.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iamkeebler wrote: »

All of us on consoles will be able to start the download sometime between 10 PM EDT on June 9 and 5 AM EDT on June 10. The console servers are scheduled to be down for the whole seven hours, but we may be able to start the download sometime before 5 AM EDT on June 10.

Greymoor will be available June 10 for purchase on PlayStation Store, according to the Announcements screen I am seeing when I start ESO on PS4.
  • iamkeebler
    iamkeebler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ingenon wrote: »
    iamkeebler wrote: »

All of us on consoles will be able to start the download sometime between 10 PM EDT on June 9 and 5 AM EDT on June 10. The console servers are scheduled to be down for the whole seven hours, but we may be able to start the download sometime before 5 AM EDT on June 10.

Greymoor will be available June 10 for purchase on PlayStation Store, according to the Announcements screen I am seeing when I start ESO on PS4.

This I know. What I’m wondering is what time the game will be available in the playstation store to purchase which is something none of the announcements have stated yet.
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are delaying the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One launch of Greymoor....

I fail to see how the two are related. You're still doing maintenance etc, surely no-one will go to hell for pushing the button to make Greymoor available.

Very disappointed after already having to wait an extra couple of weeks for it.

• GTech_1
    GTech_1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, people, get some perspective.

A man died under heinous circumstances.
    I seriously can't believe I have to say this but, out of respect for the dead, you can wait an extra day to play your game.

To ZOS:
    Thank you for showing consideration, and proper respect, during this trying time.

**Edited for self-moderation. ~G
    Edited by GTech_1 on June 6, 2020 1:54AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They're delaying it by 1 day out of respect for the Memorial, it's literally stated up top.
    And yes too many people die under heinous circumstances every day, that doesn't mean we can't respect the memorial of the one who's death caused such a massive outrage.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play on console, and I totally respect this decision.
    Way to elevate awareness ZOS.
    Good job ❤
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a limp gesture, to be sure. If ZOS really cared, they would bring down all of their servers in a day of "No Play". Here's what I think will happen June 9th;
    PC players will still log in and play Greymoor.
    Streamers will still log in and stream Greymoor.
    Console players will get screwed, again.
    The Clown store will be OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

I, too, took the day off from work, and it is my birthday, so I was really looking forward to this.
  • Jinxxy85
    Jinxxy85
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a PS4 player and have zero issues with the one day delay to show respects.

My original point from the previous thread on the PS4 release still stands though. The preorder bonuses end on the Wednesday and unfortunately the final Friday of the month, when a lot of people will actually be getting some pay, is two days after the cut off date. Can we please get just a handful of days extension to the offer to help out those in this situation?
  • AVaelham
    AVaelham
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZOS, that's very considerate of you!
    Waiting for one more day is not the end of the world, you know.

Maybe we could also have an in-game event in the near future like the #SLAYDRAGONSSAVECATS one, but for Greymoor?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    robwolf666 wrote: »
    We are delaying the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One launch of Greymoor....

I fail to see how the two are related. You're still doing maintenance etc, surely no-one will go to hell for pushing the button to make Greymoor available.

Very disappointed after already having to wait an extra couple of weeks for it.

Sure, someone could push the button.

But if the Launch goes anything like it did on PC, they may be wise to expect it to be more of a "all hands on deck, all day" situation. Sure, they think they've nailed the bugs, but caution is good, right?

ZOS is an American company and this move also supports employees who may desire to participate in various memorials and/or peaceful protests on the day of the funeral. Distracted or absent employees and the potential for a tumultuous launch are a poor combination.

I'm not really sure how I feel about the delay as I'm on PC and haven't bought Greymoor, so this doesn't effect me in any way.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can understand that launch is a kind of celebration and having celebration on the day of mourning isn't quite right.

[snip] While racism-driven crimes are a problem and police brutality is a problem, this whole situation (blm, and all the stuff, not this delay) is a bunch of hypocritical crap in my opinion.

[Edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on June 6, 2020 2:01PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We are delaying the PlayStation®4 and Xbox One launch of Greymoor out of respect for George Floyd
    Or - how about keeping your word about the release date out of respect for your customers?
    I had to schedule this time off weeks ago so I took off Tuesday
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    I took the day off from work so I was really looking forward to this.
    I also had to schedule free time for the release and now feel let down.
    Here's what I think will happen June 9th;
    PC players will still log in and play Greymoor.
    Streamers will still log in and stream Greymoor.
    The Clown store will be OPEN FOR BUSINESS!
    Exactly.
    I also feel the console delay is a pure PR stunt [snip]
    If ZOS really cared, they would bring down all of their servers in a Day of "No Play".
    Great idea. Let ALL ESO players and ZOS commemorate George Floyd on June 9th by a full day server shutdown.
    To such an honest and strong political statement by a game company, I could agree.
    Because it would be worth something.

[Edited for Conspiracy Theories]

Edited by ZOS_Mika on June 6, 2020 2:00PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see we've got posters condemning ZOS for doing something for this man and posters condemning ZOS as hypocritical for not doing something for all such incidents. No doubt ZOS would also be condemned for doing nothing, particularly if their own employees desire to participate in memorials.

Truly, they are damned no matter which way they choose.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS [...] they are damned no matter which way they choose.
    This happens if a statement is not strong enough.
    "Wash me (console players) but don't get me wet (pc players)", seems not like a strong statement.
    A full day all server shutdown in commemoration - this would be a strong statement.

Do you have the courage for a strong statement, ZOS?
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    Greetings,

We have recently had to remove a handful of comments due to baiting or insulting commentary. We ask that everyone remains respectful of the fact that this post touches on a sensitive and difficult subject for many, if not all of us, including members of the same ESO community that you are a part of.

Please remember that insulting and baiting other members are both violations of our rules, along with tasteless, vulgar, or obscene material. Please be kind to one another and remember to remain civil as this thread continues.
    Edited by ZOS_Mika on June 6, 2020 2:14PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    I think it is a good idea but it rings a little hollow given that it is only impacting a portion of the playerbase. If the memorial for George Floyd is going to be acknowleged should bring all the megaservers down for the duration of the memorial services or something to that effect imo
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Wash me (console players) but don't get me wet (pc players)", seems not like a strong statement.
    A full day all server shutdown in commemoration - this would be a strong statement.

Great, are you gonna reimburse me for YOUR commemorative day?

Let ZOS close down the US servers if they want to virtue signal so hard, leave the EU out of your frustrations.
    Edited by vestahls on June 6, 2020 2:48PM
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    ... touches on a sensitive and difficult subject for many, if not all of us...

Kind of the point... it's forcing it on everyone who use consoles, when I'm willing to bet the majority aren't affected in the slightest. If some people don't want the DLC on the day, fine, they don't have to download it, but that's no reason to prevent the rest of us from doing it. As others have said, we'll probably come on ESO on the 9th anyway, or some other game, so what's the point?

*Edited after I noticed my poor choice of words...

Edited by robwolf666 on June 6, 2020 4:22PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a good idea but it rings a little hollow given that it is only impacting a portion of the playerbase. If the memorial for George Floyd is going to be acknowleged should bring all the megaservers down for the duration of the memorial services or something to that effect imo

That is not the point. It isn't that people should stop playing. That is an individual choice and players can handle that individually. The point is in the celebration of the Greymoor release, which rings tacky to some people on a memorial day for something that has become a US, and to a degree, a world sensation.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That would certainly address the accusations of PC vs Console favoritism. It doesn't really address the fact that they will make a portion of their playerbase unhappy no matter what they choose. It just makes that unhappy portion spread out over all three platforms for all players as opposed to console players who bought Greymoor.

Its sort of an interesting debate, really.
    Should we do it because that would be fair?
    Or is it a case of "misery loves company"?

(Personally, I'd be fine with losing a day of play, as per your suggestion.)
  • robwolf666
    robwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Personally, I'd be fine with losing a day of play, as per your suggestion.)

If they go through with not releasing Greymoor, or shutting everything down for the day (incl. for PC), I'll just put another game on. Which is why I don't see the point of it, I'll still go on the Xbox and be ignoring the news and TV all day - no doubt it'll be blanket coverage.