The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

That wicker horse (NOW WITH VIDEO)

• Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    First time I encounter a mount costing gems that's not a part of the crates. Is this a new thing or have they done *** like this before?

They do it every few months. I have the tiger striped senche from last year but most of them don't appeal to me. Other than being mega rich and having gems at the ready not much you can do as its so random you don't know if it will appeal to you.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can buy crates with in-game gold through Crown gifting, @Adriius.

That way you’re not out-of-pocket.

If you choose this route, it’s nice to do it through a trusted broker such as Tamriel Crown Exchange.

ZOS should at this point simply be adding an in-game crown merchant selling crowns for gold and selling gold for crowns. That way the actual game links the in-game currency with the crown currency and items from the crown store.

It would cause ZOS a lot less headaches as they won't have to deal with people getting ripped off and opening tickets.

It is more immersive as it actually links the crown store into the actual game world.

It would allow ZOS to create a small house percentage to act as a gold/crown sink. AKA crowns sell for 160 gold for each crown, but if you spend crowns on gold you get 150 gold for each crown.

In a monetized game it is vastly preferable for both the game company and the players to simply have this handled in-game.

Another viable option would be to turn everything in the crown store/crates into a tradeable runebox that can be sold on guild stores. Aother MMO I played allowed most items in their store to be resold for gold in game. I acquired a lot of things that way, with little real money outlay.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @mikejezz They've been doing it for quite some time now. Although the last gem mount was in store in autumn so I was hoping they were done with stupid things like that.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • rapid_snail
    rapid_snail
    Soul Shriven
    After a long time this mount was the one which caught my attention. So I spent around 110 euros to get 500 crown gems. Unfortunately, I'm very dissapointed with it so far. You think that a mount that costs this much and also available for a limited time would have some unique animation or something. Well… no. This mount got nothing, it just spawns like a regular horse without any animation at all. It sounds deeper then a normal horse and it has a more sinister like sound but thats it. :(

So far Im not satisfied with it:( I really hope they will fix this mount and give it some unique animations to back that price tag.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    Another viable option would be to turn everything in the crown store/crates into a tradeable runebox that can be sold on guild stores. Aother MMO I played allowed most items in their store to be resold for gold in game. I acquired a lot of things that way, with little real money outlay.

Yeah that could totally work. I had not thought of that but I like it a lot.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    500 crown gems, wow.
    Edited by dhboy123 on May 24, 2020 1:06AM
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    After a long time this mount was the one which caught my attention. So I spent around 110 euros to get 500 crown gems. Unfortunately, I'm very dissapointed with it so far. You think that a mount that costs this much and also available for a limited time would have some unique animation or something. Well… no. This mount got nothing, it just spawns like a regular horse without any animation at all. It sounds deeper then a normal horse and it has a more sinister like sound but thats it. :(

So far Im not satisfied with it:( I really hope they will fix this mount and give it some unique animations to back that price tag.

Worth the 110 Euros?
    Edited by dhboy123 on May 24, 2020 12:59AM
  • rapid_snail
    rapid_snail
    Soul Shriven
    dhboy123 wrote: »

Worth the 110 Euros?

definitely not
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    wicker-horse-fully-upgraded.png

Here it is fully upgraded, but that's not why I post this.

What you can't tell in the Store preview is whether it does anything while 1) standing still and jumping or 2) if there's any particle effects.

This mount has neither.

The sound design of the dusty neighing is interesting.
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭

I wonder if you contact support if they will refund you the gems? Worth a shot if you don't like it with that price tag
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »
    What you can't tell in the Store preview is whether it does anything while 1) standing still and jumping or 2) if there's any particle effects.

This mount has neither.

They could probably tweak it after the fact.

It would be pretty neat if it actually had bits occasionally fall off of it. Especially when jumping, at landing you see 3-4 twigs break off of it.

Also something like that would likely be a bug magnet in real life. Maybe they could just add the fleshflies graphic around the horse when it is standing still.
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikejezz wrote: »
    First time I encounter a mount costing gems that's not a part of the crates. Is this a new thing or have they done *** like this before?

done stuff like this before
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »

This mount has neither.

They could probably tweak it after the fact.

It would be pretty neat if it actually had bits occasionally fall off of it. Especially when jumping, at landing you see 3-4 twigs break off of it.

Also something like that would likely be a bug magnet in real life. Maybe they could just add the fleshflies graphic around the horse when it is standing still.

It's borderline a policy that the ESO team NEVER alters a Cosmetic item after releasing it, unless it has a glitch or error. There might be a reskinned version of the Whicker Horse down the road with a new coloration or particle effects available as a separate purchase, but the current one will NEVER be altered.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on May 25, 2020 2:21AM
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm going to be updating the OP with a video of the wicker horse shortly, hopefully within the next thirty minutes.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to be updating the OP with a video of the wicker horse shortly, hopefully within the next thirty minutes.

Hey, thank you so much for that! I really appreciate it!

The horse kind of has twig like sound effects as it's running, but not much it seems. It looks and sounds awesome, but I still feel like it's too lacking for the price tag they're asking for (which I think would be approximately 10,000 crowns at least worth of crown crates just to get those 500 crown gems)
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Hey, thank you so much for that! I really appreciate it!

The horse kind of has twig like sound effects as it's running, but not much it seems. It looks and sounds awesome, but I still feel like it's too lacking for the price tag they're asking for (which I think would be approximately 10,000 crowns at least worth of crown crates just to get those 500 crown gems)

No problem!

Yes, I agree. I enjoy it for what it is but it does feel incomplete. Based on my experience, I think you're correct about the estimated cost. I had the gems already, and I don't chase many apex mounts, so I don't have regrets.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No problem!

Yes, I agree. I enjoy it for what it is but it does feel incomplete. Based on my experience, I think you're correct about the estimated cost.

Yeah and it does look kind of incomplete too. Like there should be a lot more to it here.

I had the gems already, and I don't chase many apex mounts, so I don't have regrets.

We all have our desires in game, and I have to admit that my desire regarding the Wicker Horse was probably more casual than "I got to have this". So I am glad you still got what you wanted, even if I'm still disappointed with ZOS regarding the price. <3 ZOS missed out on sales from people like me, who had a casual interest in the horse and probably would have "impulse bought" the creature had the price been lower.
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah and it does look kind of incomplete too. Like there should be a lot more to it here.

Or better yet, less. It would have been extremely cool if it was somewhat hollow and you could actually see through gaps in the sticks and see the ground/world on the other side of the horse through those gaps.

I think that would be doable. Many of the ghost mounts have armor that is opaque and cannot be seen through, but in the ghost sections that are uncovered you can see through the mount and see the world on the other side. For this mount they simply needed to leave some gaps in the sticks and make the interior of the horse a clear "Ghost".

In both the pictures and the video I think the horse seems too "solid". It should seem lighter and more like an actual light wicker horse, this seems like a solid horse built out of burl.
    Edited by TropicsDelight on May 26, 2020 10:10PM
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    aw_crwn_mounts_icereachwickersteed_1x1.jpg

I'm so bloody excited for this thing. Perfectly witchy and wonderful. I hope it makes a sound like snapping twigs when it runs. I also hope it's released soon!

Source

EDIT: Here's a video.

Looks awesome. Even if I got that for free, I would have used the default horse from stable.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For costing 500gems, it doesn't seem particularly special. The movement is pretty much a regular horse. I would've expected a significantly different gallop from something made of whicker.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For costing 500gems, it doesn't seem particularly special. The movement is pretty much a regular horse. I would've expected a significantly different gallop from something made of whicker.

I'm with you, and I'm also disappointed that it doesn't have a louder "twig snapping" sound when it runs. :/
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a cool horse, but at 500 gems it's basically the mount version of the 120$ house. They must have hired people from Perfect World to do their cash shop.
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »
    aw_crwn_mounts_icereachwickersteed_1x1.jpg

I'm so bloody excited for this thing. Perfectly witchy and wonderful. I hope it makes a sound like snapping twigs when it runs. I also hope it's released soon!

Source

EDIT: Here's a video.

Looks awesome. Even if I got that for free, I would have used the default horse from stable.

This is the best post I've seen today.

The mount looks utterly horrific, wouldn't buy it for 50 gems.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For this month's crown showcase, it appears that they have another crown gem exclusive: the Pocket Watcher pet.

I have a feeling these gem exclusives will be a regular occurrence....
  • NavalOffisah
    NavalOffisah
    ✭✭✭
    For this month's crown showcase, it appears that they have another crown gem exclusive: the Pocket Watcher pet.

I have a feeling these gem exclusives will be a regular occurrence....

Pocket Watcher first appeared last summer. But gem exclusive items are a pretty common occurrence usually every 1-2 months at least
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argh! Disappointed that I missed this one. I like it!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • xF1REFL1x
    xF1REFL1x
    ✭✭✭
    Wow... for the price you would think it would come with all the bells and whistles. Good to know moving forward...
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I'm late, but we tried to warn you....