The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I don't know exactly what you did, but it was a mistake what ever it was

• Katechonn
    Katechonn
    ✭✭
    Yeah i agree with the OP. Pvp (battlegrounds) is far worse experience than before greymoor.
    Everyone drops so quick its ridiculous. From no-cp, battlegrounds player point of view i dont understand at all healing nerfs. I dont think that ability to kill a player in a second is a good pvp design. If you are a new player, there is not even a room for learning if you ******** droping like a fly in a second.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree the damage is fine.. Healing feels buggy though, and I think if they would've adjusted off healing it would've been way more effective than a flat healing nerf across the board.. There is something not functioning correctly with healing right now though. Rally has a bug where if your on your Sword and shield bar and rally expires you don't get a heal. I'm all for high damage, but the flat nerf to healing hurts small scale/solo players more than large groups.
    You're a Stamina build with a 1h/shield back bar, no wonder you think everything is fine :|. Try out a Magicka build (especially non-Sorcerer) in the upper MMR ranges for a while, and see if you still agree.

With damage being what it is, the best defenses - by far - are block, dodge, and mobility. Stamina builds are vastly superior at all 3 of those things (except Mag Sorc's mobility...which is still behind Stam Sorc). After the substantial healing nerfs, magicka-based "burst" heals can't even really cover the damage from a single Dizzying Swing from a single enemy player unless the heal crits, and that's without taking defiles into account.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    I disagree the damage is fine.. Healing feels buggy though, and I think if they would've adjusted off healing it would've been way more effective than a flat healing nerf across the board.. There is something not functioning correctly with healing right now though. Rally has a bug where if your on your Sword and shield bar and rally expires you don't get a heal. I'm all for high damage, but the flat nerf to healing hurts small scale/solo players more than large groups.
    You're a Stamina build with a 1h/shield back bar, no wonder you think everything is fine :|. Try out a Magicka build (especially non-Sorcerer) in the upper MMR ranges for a while, and see if you still agree.

With damage being what it is, the best defenses - by far - are block, dodge, and mobility. Stamina builds are vastly superior at all 3 of those things (except Mag Sorc's mobility...which is still behind Stam Sorc). After the substantial healing nerfs, magicka-based "burst" heals can't even really cover the damage from a single Dizzying Swing from a single enemy player unless the heal crits, and that's without taking defiles into account.

Imagine being a Necro and your best heal by default gives you defile. Basically defile immediately into mist until it runs off and then spam it again. Good luck getting literally any damage out while still taking 2k dizzys in mist and spamming a heal.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trailed wrote: »

Imagine being a Necro and your best heal by default gives you defile. Basically defile immediately into mist until it runs off and then spam it again. Good luck getting literally any damage out while still taking 2k dizzys in mist and spamming a heal.
    I've actually played Magicka Necromancer as a main since Elsweyr went into early access, and it's the only class I've played at all since Greymoor. Even healing teammates, who aren't defiled at all, feels like a lesson in futility right now. Especially with Vampirism's cost increases added on.

Prior to Greymoor, I viewed Renewing Undeath as a very underrated spell, and not just because it looks kinda neat when a corpse is consumed. It'd cleanse 3 negative effects from each target, heal for a decent amount up-front (something like 2/3 of a Resistant Flesh), leave a ~1k/second HOT on the ground, and potentially return you 10 Ultimate from a class passive. After the patch, it's basically worthless. I ended up with a cost increase + less Magicka recovery, thanks to the Vampirism rework, and it'll also now tend to heal < 3k up-front if it doesn't crit. Trying to use it to help a team recover from a Dawnbreaker is a joke now.

We also might be going into a Proc set meta 3.0, Stamina DOTs and Stuns edition. A number of people in PC-NA BGs have started running bow builds (without Snipe), relying on that new poison proc set and Azureblight Reaper (and sometimes Sellistrix). With just a few light attacks and ranged-DOT applications, my health starts getting wrecked really hard. Even if I get LOS and am not chased, it takes quite a bit of heal spamming - which decimates my magicka pool - in order to not die. Honestly, with the right gear setup, I think Stam builds may end up even being dominant at range now, while still having the option to be a 1-button hero with Dizzy or Jabs spam.
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    The best part is, these players get catered to left and right. Just about everything in their favor, and they actually think they are good at the game because they can cheese it up with flavor of the month builds.
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    the nerf to healing has really made battlegrounds/pvp boring as crap now, before we legitimately had roles, dps/tank/healer, now it's just glass canon vs tank? this is just dumb
    Edited by Berek_Bloodfang on June 2, 2020 10:55PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the nerf to healing has really made battlegrounds/pvp boring as crap now, before we legitimately had roles, dps/tank/healer, now it's just glass canon vs tank? this is just dumb

Yeah it's just beyond stupid right now.

I have no idea how these laughably bad changes survived testing.
    Edited by Jeremy on June 2, 2020 11:04PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i rly fail to see a problem. healers and tanks still dominate. the only thing changed is that ppl cant heal the entire group if they have a tank build.

this picture taken just from my last match. also that guy with 13 deaths was a gankblade ..... i love it when ppl think cloak is worth a damn.

https://i.imgur.com/7RMbOFm.png

this is every match for me in bg. 5 deaths max. some ppl adapt and some ppl think dps sets with impen slapped on to it will make them invulnerable or smthing.

ofc i kill ppl slower than most ppl atm but i survive to consistently do kills. learn to use line of sight and movement is now more important.

what they did is widen the skillgaps. now ppl cant just hold block and heal through everything they gotta react rolldodge block stun use los while healing.

Edited by Noctus on June 4, 2020 3:15PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »

i rly fail to see a problem. healers and tanks still dominate. the only thing changed is that ppl cant heal the entire group if they have a tank build.

https://i.imgur.com/7RMbOFm.png

this is every match for me in bg. 5 deaths max. some ppl adapt and some ppl think dps sets with impen slapped on to it will make them invulnerable or smthing.

ofc i kill ppl slower than most ppl atm but i survive to consistently do kills. learn to use line of sight and movement is now more important.

what they did is widen the skillgaps. now ppl cant just hold block and heal through everything they gotta react rolldodge block stun use los while healing.

Looking forward to this on console!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Xarcus wrote: »
    we asked to zenimax to do something against tanky meta. They did.

Then they should have concentrated their efforts on CP PvP (because that seemed to be where the problem was). There was no invincible "tanky meta" in battlegrounds or no CP PvP.

These changes are terrible for no CP PvP - and if they stay in place I may just have to quit PvP on this game because it's not fun at all. That or dust off my Nightblade and try spamming invisible every time I get targeted by the other side. lol...

there were invincible tanks in nocp too mostly wardens. in EU PC nothing changes in high mmr battlegrounds. ppl still pretty tanky there.

nightblades are screwed in bg anyways go try.

I've been playing this game for many years and I have never seen an invincible tank in no CP PvP. Not even once. So until I actually see it for myself, I don't believe you.

yeh those guys are unicorns but there was a forum thread once made becouse of my trolltank build in bg. i dont save hate pms anymore and i shouldnt be name and shame.

i know 3 other ppl who did those builds. the most effective ones are warden and sorc at doing that . the last one doing that was a necro tho.

i can try to replicate it when i have time if u like even with this patch.

which server are u on and whats ur gamertag ?
    Edited by Noctus on June 4, 2020 4:17PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »

The damage is so absurd now it's funny.

If they keep PvP the way it is now - I can promise you a ton of players are going to stop doing it. Dying in seconds over and over again isn't very fun.

The only people that are going to have any kind of fun in this idiotic PvP environment are extremely offensive builds built to gank people. Now they are going to have a blast I'm sure... because they are just going to kill everyone before they can fight back.

I cannot get a shot at them because they down in me in seconds, and if I get a shot at them, it is usually nothing to them, so it isn't even worth trying. Playing with magicka build with light armor, I watched guides, using recommended sets, but it is all for nothing. So I guess those extremely offensive builds are a thing now, and it's not fun at all.

u must have played low mmr untill now. sometimes there arent enough high mmr players online and game decides to give each team 1 or 2 very good players and fill the rest with low mmr even low cp players. some pvp players talked about this in forum and said its all about which high mmr player kills most low mmr. this mmr system is rly problematic.

they should just go for 4 vs 4 so high mmr players fight among their own and there is no shortage of them.

if u continue to play ull see weaker enemies again.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭

If they keep PvP the way it is now - I can promise you a ton of players are going to stop doing it. Dying in seconds over and over again isn't very fun.

The only people that are going to have any kind of fun in this idiotic PvP environment are extremely offensive builds built to gank people. Now they are going to have a blast I'm sure... because they are just going to kill everyone before they can fight back.

I cannot get a shot at them because they down in me in seconds, and if I get a shot at them, it is usually nothing to them, so it isn't even worth trying. Playing with magicka build with light armor, I watched guides, using recommended sets, but it is all for nothing. So I guess those extremely offensive builds are a thing now, and it's not fun at all.

u must have played low mmr untill now. sometimes there arent enough high mmr players online and game decides to give each team 1 or 2 very good players and fill the rest with low mmr even low cp players. some pvp players talked about this in forum and said its all about which high mmr player kills most low mmr. this mmr system is rly problematic.

they should just go for 4 vs 4 so high mmr players fight among their own and there is no shortage of them.

High mmr as I understand should be for people with skill, not just for people with tanky gear, everywhere you look there is a stamina player, an occasional sorc there and there, but almost every match there are only stamina players. Gear in my opinion should not count as a skill, gear should compliment what ever you want it to compliment, now its all out of hand.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

High mmr as I understand should be for people with skill, not just for people with tanky gear, everywhere you look there is a stamina player, an occasional sorc there and there, but almost every match there are only stamina players. Gear in my opinion should not count as a skill, gear should compliment what ever you want it to compliment, now its all out of hand.

u are absolutely right. but its the nature of mmo in general. tanky setups are more forgiving that doesnt mean that there is no potential.
    melee light armor glasscannon is the hardest playstyle
    (playstyles in betweeen)
    tanky stamina is easiest

the playstyles in their potential are the same but where as one requires near psychic abilities to evade harm and land dmg the other one can be played without focusing much.

trust me with good movement tho and timing on ur part u can survive very long even on a glasscannon. its high risk playstyle.

if u are on EU PC add me to fl. i might be able to give some usefull advice when i know ur gear and class.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭

u are absolutely right. but its the nature of mmo in general. tanky setups are more forgiving that doesnt mean that there is no potential.
    (playstyles in betweeen)
    tanky stamina is easiest

the playstyles in their potential are the same but where as one requires near psychic abilities to evade harm and land dmg the other one can be played without focusing much.

trust me with good movement tho and timing on ur part u can survive very long even on a glasscannon. its high risk playstyle.

if u are on EU PC add me to fl. i might be able to give some usefull advice when i know ur gear and class.

I'm taking a break from PvP, but I'll think about it:) Your name in game same as here?
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

(playstyles in betweeen)
    tanky stamina is easiest

I'm taking a break from PvP, but I'll think about it:) Your name in game same as here?

it was on the screenshot i sended before. @Lord_Noctus i look forward meeting u
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭

(playstyles in betweeen)
    tanky stamina is easiest

it was on the screenshot i sended before. @Lord_Noctus i look forward meeting u

I sent u a request, I'm a night owl, so you might not see me during the day:)
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then they should have concentrated their efforts on CP PvP (because that seemed to be where the problem was). There was no invincible "tanky meta" in battlegrounds or no CP PvP.

These changes are terrible for no CP PvP - and if they stay in place I may just have to quit PvP on this game because it's not fun at all. That or dust off my Nightblade and try spamming invisible every time I get targeted by the other side. lol...

there were invincible tanks in nocp too mostly wardens. in EU PC nothing changes in high mmr battlegrounds. ppl still pretty tanky there.

I've been playing this game for many years and I have never seen an invincible tank in no CP PvP. Not even once. So until I actually see it for myself, I don't believe you.

yeh those guys are unicorns but there was a forum thread once made becouse of my trolltank build in bg. i dont save hate pms anymore and i shouldnt be name and shame.

i know 3 other ppl who did those builds. the most effective ones are warden and sorc at doing that . the last one doing that was a necro tho.

You don't have to replicate it. Not unless you just want to. You can just tell me what is this gear set up/play style that enables you to become invincible? Because I've never seen it nor do I see how it would be possible - especially now when everything seems to be hitting like a semi truck on steroids.

I even met a player in Cyrodil (no CP) the other day who was able to chunk my health off at light speed while in Blood Mist Form... it was just absurd. The amount of DPS some players are putting out now is beyond ludicrous.
    Edited by Jeremy on June 5, 2020 3:26AM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't have to replicate it. Not unless you just want to. You can just tell me what is this gear set up/play style that enables you to become invincible? Because I've never seen it nor do I see how it would be possible - especially now when everything seems to be hitting like a semi truck on steroids.

I even met a player in Cyrodil (no CP) the other day who was able to chunk my health off at light speed while in Blood Mist Form... it was just absurd. The amount of DPS some players are putting out now is beyond ludicrous.

allright but first let me check which combination of sets are still viable for that. also there is another build this weekend i gotta make. ill msg u when im done. what i can tell is its usually heavily focused on blocking and ult generation and when u use ult u try get back ur resources and can block/heal again. in my opinion these builds work best on warden after that necro/sorc. however as i said ill have a look.
    Edited by Noctus on June 5, 2020 5:32AM
  • AsheronRealaidain
    AsheronRealaidain
    ✭✭✭
    Finally able to try it out playing on Xbox. Figured this had to be overblown... Lmao yeah no. No CP is so broken.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Asheron Realaidain | Altmer Magsorc
    Wayward Bob | Orsimer Stamplar
    Aerbax Virindi | Dunmer Magblade
    Numuhdira | Redguard Stamsorc
    Borelean Strathelar | Khajiit Stamblade
    Isin Dule | Dunmer MagDK
    Illservian Palacost | Argonian Magplar
    Lord Rytheran | Nord Stamcro
    Antius Blackmoor | Orsimer StamDK
    Xbox One X, NA
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh ya, it's a terrible experience in no cp. Mag Sorcs and Wardens definitely took the least hit due to shields(sorc) and buffs(warden) remaining as powerful while all other classes defensiveness(healing) took a major hit.
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • Trailed
    Trailed
    ✭✭✭
    Alomar wrote: »
    Oh ya, it's a terrible experience in no cp. Mag Sorcs and Wardens definitely took the least hit due to shields(sorc) and buffs(warden) remaining as powerful while all other classes defensiveness(healing) took a major hit.

The fact that people still use this argument about shields is so hilarious. Literally every class other than magcro has very good gap close. If you nerfed a sorcs shield they would be even less useful than they are now. Sure they can steal kills, but go ahead and knock them down for a few seconds and most of them are going to die. Or just play a DK and leap into dizzying skill. They also have arguably the worst in class healing tree and a skill line that has 1 skill ran per patch max always, because Dark Magic skills are pretty terrible. I promise any of you people complaining about sorcs, if you learn when to properly stun them after your gap close, they're going to die.

Sure you're going to have to chase them, but good thing stam classes have the ability to move at insane speeds and again, close the gap with their abilities as well. Oh, I forgot to mention dodging. Just about any magicka build character I have can dodge roll a whopping two times before I'm getting trucked into. Meanwhile I can spam an entire manapool into a stam build while they dodge roll and run until I'm oom, and then turn around with dizzying skill because they're super pro. God forbid you try and get a heavy attack in if you're chasing anybody either, as now everybody is running at 130% speed, and you're going to slow down to a walk in order to charge up your lasers from your staff.

Stam classes are hitting for upwards of 8-10k easily now on cloth targets if they don't have a shield ability or a literal sword and board on the backbar to spam heals with. To top that off, 20% reduction to healing is pretty harsh, especially to heal over time abilities. I understand now "stam can't heal", but why should a stamina character ever have access to an equivalent heal as that of a magicka build with a resto staff. Not only are you armored with more physical and spell resistance, and the ability to flat out evade more damage than magic builds.

So basically any magic build without a dedicated healing tree is then required to use a resto staff back bar in order to access the ability to heal themselves. Meanwhile that is included in a 2H tree. Lets also not forget defile. Which most magic builds won't have access to. So now we have a 20% reduction to healing, stacked with defile, that only stam classes can use efficiently. Super balanced
  • Appo
    Appo
    ✭✭✭

I must have done around 200+ BGs since the update, the most frequent players getting good KD ratio are invisible lethal arrow spammers and even worse, invisible proc set lethal arrow spammers 🙄
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like changes but the last patch brought it a tsunami: not really fun being in a BG right now.

My experience so far:

1. Decent melee fighter with decent kill/death ratio (2.5)....after the patch I was around a 0.5 ratio: practically per a death

2. I went the heavy armour route and I just managed to simply prolong my agony a little: instead of death in 2 seconds I’m dead in 3

3. Extra damage? Others seem to have more

4 possible solution? Mobility with a hit and run play style....bow is back and it allows me to not get as much in the middle of the red zone....however, not loving it as it doesn’t fit how I like to play.

I’m curious to hear about other Stamplar or StamDk and your experience in BGs
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    I love it
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    I like changes but the last patch brought it a tsunami: not really fun being in a BG right now.

My experience so far:

1. Decent melee fighter with decent kill/death ratio (2.5)....after the patch I was around a 0.5 ratio: practically per a death

2. I went the heavy armour route and I just managed to simply prolong my agony a little: instead of death in 2 seconds I’m dead in 3

4 possible solution? Mobility with a hit and run play style....bow is back and it allows me to not get as much in the middle of the red zone....however, not loving it as it doesn’t fit how I like to play.

Yeah it took me like a tsunami as well. When I first went into a battleground after Greymoor I went from being able to hold my own to dying in a second or less. I almost quit PvP because of it.

Luckily I was able to completely rework my character and have managed to find a defensive play style that actually works well enough for me to have fun again. So I was able to... adapt.. I suppose is the word, at least well enough to where I can have some fun. But there is no doubt about it, many play styles are going to die as a result of this patch. I know my old one sure did and "agony" is a good way to describe what I was going through.

I recommend using Mist Form as a means of defense. It's the only thing I've found that works. Heavy Armor just doesn't do it anymore. In fact, I couldn't even tell it was doing much of anything. lol
    Edited by Jeremy on June 16, 2020 11:52PM
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing it's the huge nerf to over-tuned defensive monster sets and 20% reduced healing.

LOS and damage avoidance are going to be even more important now than before. Just trying to strait mitigate and heal through damage will be much harder.
    And the Stamina dominance (+ Mag Sorcs) intensifies.

'Course, it does seem to be possible to build in a fair bit of defense right now; I've seen a Magicka Templar or two who were still fairly durable, at least while blocking (and they were able to do a lot of blocking). How useful one could be outside of damage sponging, though, I can't say yet (the examples I saw were on weak teams).

Solo queue only BG's is especially exposing the killing potential and mobility which a lot of mag classes lack. Playing mag classes other than mag sorc seems to be for purely RP reasons these days :)

Actually I take that back. Mag sorc also looks like an RP class in certain games with all the melee classes wearing Malcath.

I would say anything mag is pretty much getting insta deleted. I am yet to see any Magicka class do anything other than feeding other teams in high MMR games.

It was slightly different back when group queue was a thing when Magicka classes could hide their deficiencies by being in some group
    But right now there is zero incentive to play solo BG's on any magicka class
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on June 17, 2020 9:22PM
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭

My experience so far:

Yeah it took me like a tsunami as well. When I first went into a battleground after Greymoor I went from being able to hold my own to dying in a second or less. I almost quit PvP because of it.

Luckily I was able to completely rework my character and have managed to find a defensive play style that actually works well enough for me to have fun again. So I was able to... adapt.. I suppose is the word, at least well enough to where I can have some fun. But there is no doubt about it, many play styles are going to die as a result of this patch. I know my old one sure did and "agony" is a good way to describe what I was going through.

I recommend using Mist Form as a means of defense. It's the only thing I've found that works. Heavy Armor just doesn't do it anymore. In fact, I couldn't even tell it was doing much of anything. lol

After hours of testing and taking suggestions I too found a build I enjoy on my magplar. I'm still in light armor with a lot of resistances, I can fully buff up to 4.5K spell damage, I have anywhere between 21%-51% increase movement speed, about 1400 recovery, and I have about 34k magicka in no-CP. Plus mist form and the Undeath passive pairs well with my defensive set. I love it.
  • Madhatten512
    Madhatten512
    ✭✭✭✭

If you are dying in seconds its a build issue. You have extra crit resistance for free I don't feel like damage is any higher now than it was last patch you just can't face tank and out heal it like you have been able to do in the past. This isn't a patch full of immortal tanks holding block all positive things. Its pvp people are supposed to die. Change your build put on a defensive set and learn how to LOS. [snip].

[edited for bashing]
    Edited by ZOS_FalcoYamaoka on June 18, 2020 3:48PM
  • Mavi
    Mavi
    ✭✭
    JWillCHS wrote: »

My experience so far:

After hours of testing and taking suggestions I too found a build I enjoy on my magplar. I'm still in light armor with a lot of resistances, I can fully buff up to 4.5K spell damage, I have anywhere between 21%-51% increase movement speed, about 1400 recovery, and I have about 34k magicka in no-CP. Plus mist form and the Undeath passive pairs well with my defensive set. I love it.

Can you share it? please? At least some of it!
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my tank shield and sword with 2H build is kinda sucky now.