The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

make pets untargatable

• ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    Noctus wrote: »
    I'd rather have my pets untargetable than having them being nerfed...

i play all classes including sorc so i definately know this change would stop most of the whining in pvp without any nerf

Sure that it's no nerf for the pet user? ;)

would it be unbalanced tho ? we could might even see pets getting buffed if it would make petsorc weaker than normal sorc which is good.

With ZOS track record of wild swings for those pets I doubt that it would end up in a neat spot. A spot where petsorcs and nonpet ones are equally viable. If that's even their aim. Despite I would get ready for another round of nerf threads if they compensate them with anything.
    idk wrote: »
    Make them not targetable but also make them function similar to shadow image in utility so that they don’t have to be double barred

Shadow image lasts only a short duration and has to be regularly summoned again. Zos does not seem to want to go in that direction as they chose to make pets unkillable in group PvE instances. Considering Zos does not want to have skills perform differently in PvE vs PvP I doubt they consider changing sorc pets so a summons just for PvP.

A sorc pet being only a temporary summon would create other issues. The only reason sorcs are a decent healer is they now have that reliable burst heal. Taking that away would just toss them back on the healing trash heap. Ofc my first point is most significant.

Which is the point of making them like shadow image. Make them last 30 or 45 seconds so sorcs have to keep them up as part of their buff duration. The pets wouldn’t be targeted so you don’t have to worry about them dying while up. Will allow you to free up at least 1 or 2 bar spots for other great sorc slills. Nightblades don’t complain about having to summon shade so often. It would actually add a skilled component to the petsorc play style instead of ez mode.

And recasting a skill every 45 seconds in an epitome of fire-and-forget style is skilled gameplay then? At least now you have to look out if your pet get's killed. Making them untargetable removes that component from PvP while changing nothing for PvE in that regard.
    Plus I doubt you guys want PvP pet sorcs to have more skills available.

It’s more skill based than toggling an ability, running maw, and atro and sitting behind those spamming damage from range because you can’t be hit. All while running full damage and no sustain and the second someone gets close streak away with ball of lightning taking no damage and sustaining on dark conversion alone. So yes it adds more of a skill component than that.

Damn, if you'd also mentioned kill stealing I would have a bingo. Seems to me like your issue lies with the class in general.

Not really an issue with sorcs I’m general as most sorcs are horrible but at least you can burst them. Where as the pet sorc counterparts are a different story due to the targetable pers and they run at the slightest bit of damage. It makes bad sorcs better without any effort or skill.
    Edited by ItsJustHashtag on June 4, 2020 5:28PM