The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

make pets untargatable

Noctus
Noctus
✭✭✭✭✭
make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable make pets untargatable.

or nerf sorc and packleader wolf and those damn wardens with their *** bear. also becouse of the other thread in the forum streak aint a problem if those damn pets dont block LOS for ur gapcloser.

Edited by Noctus on May 30, 2020 10:24AM

make pets untargatable 46 votes

make pets untargatable except by pressing tab key
84%
SolarikenGilvothAnimus-ESOMurderMostFoulstybbe17b16_ESOPudinchieflionessDurhamSaubonNoctusStrider__RoshinKidgangster101Freakin_HytteSRASinisterdaemonorAnyronJimmy_The_FixerGagginBigBadVolkkuldar1994 39 votes
nerf sorc and packleader wolf and wardens
15%
Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESOAkgurdRatarotoWest93gepe87RaulmondKatechonn 7 votes
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The pets are my tank and my healer, so: no. :p
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biased poll
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooh it’s not a biased poll it’s meant to be halfway funny I think. Making pets untargetable seems like an elegant solution to me. Not a solution to some other things perhaps but certainly a good idea. Downsides? ???
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG yes im so tired of my pet army dying. MAKE THEM INVINCIBLE! Thanks OP
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the engine guardian sphere.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    would be nice to ahve some kind of target control, or for killing a pet to actually mean something. maybe make the cast time 5x longer in combat for pets?
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag sorc main, for sithis sake please make them untargetable. Or reduce the aoe resistance they get in pvp
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really reduces the quality of targeting in this game. I doubt the original intent of pets when being designed was to make targeting cluttered.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    likecats wrote: »
    Really reduces the quality of targeting in this game. I doubt the original intent of pets when being designed was to make targeting cluttered.

That's a strong assumption for something that's in the game since the get go.
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not when ZOS has admitted animation cancelling (light attack weaving) was an unintended side effect of their original vision. If that can be unintended, so can this. They kept animation cancelling because many players ended up liking it, so it became a no-win situation for ZOS to redesign it. Target cluttering is different though, as most players are against it and it adds nothing of value or skill in the game.
    Edited by likecats on May 30, 2020 10:01PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Not when ZOS has admitted animation cancelling was an unintended side effect of their original vision. If that can be unintended, so can this. They kept animation cancelling because many players ended up liking it, so it became a no-win situation for ZOS to redesign it. Target cluttering is different though, as most players are against it and it adds nothing of value or skill in the game.

And I always thought they kept animation canceling because they weren't capable of fixing it.

Targetable pets adding nothing of value is your opinion. Being able to kill pets, forcing sorcs to resummon and interrupting Engine guard sphere seems to me like intented business. Especially when the pet class even has a passive that grants mag return upon pet death and a shield that specifically also works on their pets.

Look, if people like it or not is another question that can and should be discussed, but claiming that it's unintented is nothing but a bold assumption. And you won't win the devs over by it.

E: And don't forget that this game doesn't consist of PvP alone, even if this is posted in the very subforum. I doubt that pve sorcs would agree with this idea so much.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on May 30, 2020 10:09PM
  • likecats
    likecats
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not when ZOS has admitted animation cancelling was an unintended side effect of their original vision. If that can be unintended, so can this. They kept animation cancelling because many players ended up liking it, so it became a no-win situation for ZOS to redesign it. Target cluttering is different though, as most players are against it and it adds nothing of value or skill in the game.

And I always thought they kept animation canceling because they weren't capable of fixing it.

Targetable pets adding nothing of value is your opinion. Being able to kill pets, forcing sorcs to resummon and interrupting Engine guard sphere seems to me like intented business. Especially when the pet class even has a passive that grants mag return upon pet death and a shield that specifically also works on their pets.

Look, if people like it or not is another question that can and should be discussed, but claiming that it's unintented is nothing but a bold assumption. And you won't win the devs over by it.

E: And don't forget that this game doesn't consist of PvP alone, even if this is posted in the very subforum. I doubt that pve sorcs would agree with this idea so much.

The poll option for which I voted for says "make pets untargatable except by pressing tab key".

All those points you made can be kept by simply adding a key that toggles pet targeting on or off for the attacker.
    It seems we are in agreement with this suggestion. Doesn't affect PVE in the slightest, solves all the targeting problems in PVP for people who want pets to be un-targetable from their end. Also seems to be an implementable suggestion because it there are dozens of untargetable things in this game, including your own allies.

It will also be good for PVE as sometimes my heals go to pets when I don't want them to.

PS: And to clarify my point, I do believe devs intended pets to be targetable, I do not believe they intended for pets to clutter targeting.
    Edited by likecats on May 30, 2020 10:30PM
  • SRASinister
    SRASinister
    ✭✭✭
    YEEEEESSSS please. There is a reason why I have hated engine guardian for so so so many years. Now combine that with the circus a Sorc can summon and it just gets annoying.
    Xbox One NA: Sins of Daemons
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The poll option for which I voted for says "make pets untargatable except by pressing tab key".

All those points you made can be kept by simply adding a key that toggles pet targeting on or off for the attacker.
    It seems we are in agreement with this suggestion.

We could agree on that. But I highly doubt they will implement it as the next logical step would be a target lock system to pick apart specific players in a group, so no meat shielding of any kind then.
    Noctus wrote: »

also becouse of the other thread in the forum streak aint a problem if those damn pets dont block LOS for ur gapcloser.

And yet you can use those pets as anchor points to gap close after a streaking sorc that would otherwise already be out of range.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how about making the pets untargetable IN PVE ONLY. and leave them their functionality in pvp and dueling.
    this way they dont block writ turn ins but also don't lose their very function as a skill.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont have probllem with targetable pět but why pet health bar reset affert two streak???
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBZVelena wrote: »
    how about making the pets untargetable IN PVE ONLY. and leave them their functionality in pvp and dueling.
    this way they dont block writ turn ins but also don't lose their very function as a skill.

Getting your attacks (more or less) randomly absorbed by these meatshields in PvP can be as frustrating as blocked interactions in PvE. I'm ok with the Atronach (limited uptime), maybe Ball of Lightning (who'm I kidding, I hate that thing), but all the other pets are just so annoying when they get in your way. Providing LOS additionally to their other benefits can be extremely strong, altough situationally.

Imagine facing a sorc with Matriarch, Scamp, BoL, Atronach, and Engine Guardian. I'd probably just walk away.
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't know why this isn't the case. If the game had a truly reliable targeting system, it wouldn't be a problem. But as it stands, clunky targeting allows players to exploit pets for a completely outrageous amount of damage mitigation.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorc thread with biased poll, hmm
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make them not targetable but also make them function similar to shadow image in utility so that they don’t have to be double barred
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And all summons like Engine Guardian
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make them not targetable but also make them function similar to shadow image in utility so that they don’t have to be double barred

Shadow image lasts only a short duration and has to be regularly summoned again. Zos does not seem to want to go in that direction as they chose to make pets unkillable in group PvE instances. Considering Zos does not want to have skills perform differently in PvE vs PvP I doubt they consider changing sorc pets so a summons just for PvP.

A sorc pet being only a temporary summon would create other issues. The only reason sorcs are a decent healer is they now have that reliable burst heal. Taking that away would just toss them back on the healing trash heap. Ofc my first point is most significant.
  • chieflioness
    chieflioness
    ✭✭
    I'd rather have my pets untargetable than having them being nerfed...
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i play all classes including sorc so i definately know this change would stop most of the whining in pvp without any nerf
    Edited by Noctus on June 4, 2020 3:27PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

i play all classes including sorc so i definately know this change would stop most of the whining in pvp without any nerf

Sure that it's no nerf for the pet user? ;)
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

would it be unbalanced tho ? we could might even see pets getting buffed if it would make petsorc weaker than normal sorc which is good.
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Shadow image lasts only a short duration and has to be regularly summoned again. Zos does not seem to want to go in that direction as they chose to make pets unkillable in group PvE instances. Considering Zos does not want to have skills perform differently in PvE vs PvP I doubt they consider changing sorc pets so a summons just for PvP.

A sorc pet being only a temporary summon would create other issues. The only reason sorcs are a decent healer is they now have that reliable burst heal. Taking that away would just toss them back on the healing trash heap. Ofc my first point is most significant.

Which is the point of making them like shadow image. Make them last 30 or 45 seconds so sorcs have to keep them up as part of their buff duration. The pets wouldn’t be targeted so you don’t have to worry about them dying while up. Will allow you to free up at least 1 or 2 bar spots for other great sorc slills. Nightblades don’t complain about having to summon shade so often. It would actually add a skilled component to the petsorc play style instead of ez mode.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

would it be unbalanced tho ? we could might even see pets getting buffed if it would make petsorc weaker than normal sorc which is good.

With ZOS track record of wild swings for those pets I doubt that it would end up in a neat spot. A spot where petsorcs and nonpet ones are equally viable. If that's even their aim. Despite I would get ready for another round of nerf threads if they compensate them with anything.

Which is the point of making them like shadow image. Make them last 30 or 45 seconds so sorcs have to keep them up as part of their buff duration. The pets wouldn’t be targeted so you don’t have to worry about them dying while up. Will allow you to free up at least 1 or 2 bar spots for other great sorc slills. Nightblades don’t complain about having to summon shade so often. It would actually add a skilled component to the petsorc play style instead of ez mode.

And recasting a skill every 45 seconds in an epitome of fire-and-forget style is skilled gameplay then? At least now you have to look out if your pet get's killed. Making them untargetable removes that component from PvP while changing nothing for PvE in that regard.
    Plus I doubt you guys want PvP pet sorcs to have more skills available.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 4, 2020 4:32PM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭

With ZOS track record of wild swings for those pets I doubt that it would end up in a neat spot. A spot where petsorcs and nonpet ones are equally viable. If that's even their aim. Despite I would get ready for another round of nerf threads if they compensate them with anything.

And recasting a skill every 45 seconds in an epitome of fire-and-forget style is skilled gameplay then? At least now you have to look out if your pet get's killed. Making them untargetable removes that component from PvP while changing nothing for PvE in that regard.

It’s more skill based than toggling an ability, running maw, and atro and sitting behind those spamming damage from range because you can’t be hit. All while running full damage and no sustain and the second someone gets close streak away with ball of lightning taking no damage and sustaining on dark conversion alone. So yes it adds more of a skill component than that.
    Edited by ItsJustHashtag on June 4, 2020 4:47PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It’s more skill based than toggling an ability, running maw, and atro and sitting behind those spamming damage from range because you can’t be hit. All while running full damage and no sustain and the second someone gets close streak away with ball of lightning taking no damage and sustaining on dark conversion alone. So yes it adds more of a skill component than that.

Damn, if you'd also mentioned kill stealing I would have a bingo. Seems to me like your issue lies with the class in general.