The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Magplar Forced to Vampire in PvP?

blackweb
blackweb
✭✭✭✭
There is no viable magplar pvp build that I know of that does not include mist form. I have no interest in speccing into vampire much less leveling it. I do not like being forced to play a vampire in ordder to get the 75% damage shield+ buff that mist form provides.

Please provide an alternative for those of us magplars who do not want to play a vampire to be viable in pvp. You can start by buffing Blazing Shield and radiant ward to be equivalent to mist form in pvp (obviously they would not stack).
  • West93
    West93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use RAT (race against time) instead of mistform, plenty of magplars including myself play like that, dropped vampire years ago.

Blazing shield was a nice niche build in the past before nerf, didn't had a chance to try it at that time, would love to see it back as a more different build and playstyle thing.
  • coercer02neb18_ESO
    coercer02neb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Use RAT. I hate mist form, so slow. With RAT you can get away and break line of sight in an instant. Plus you can spam it.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't need to be a vampire to be viable in Pvp. Don't have to be this or that just go your own way.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Hexquisite
    Hexquisite
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't run Vampire in prob 1.5 years, I changed to RAT when they changed how fire damage and buffs/debuffs were processed, and I was taking a ton more damage as a Vampire. I use RAT combined with Immovables.
    PC NA
    ~Ethereal Traders Union~
    ~Spicy Economics~
    ~Tropic Thunder~
    ~Us Ghosts~

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templars needing to be vampires in pvp is outdated. Ever since the introduction of Race Against Time and moreso, the change to living dark, templars have been able to play comfortably, mist form free.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Want to do well as a MagPlar? Spam your Jabs and watch people lose. It's very simple.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never use vampire on my magplar.

What is and is not "viable" always seems to depend on skill level at the end of the day in PvP. Whether that is actual combat skill or skill making builds.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m another one that uses Race Against Time.
  • blackweb
    blackweb
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will check out Race Against Time.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blackweb wrote: »
    There is no viable magplar pvp build that I know of that does not include mist form. I have no interest in speccing into vampire much less leveling it. I do not like being forced to play a vampire in ordder to get the 75% damage shield+ buff that mist form provides.

Please provide an alternative for those of us magplars who do not want to play a vampire to be viable in pvp. You can start by buffing Blazing Shield and radiant ward to be equivalent to mist form in pvp (obviously they would not stack).

I would say it depends on what kind of Magicka Templar you are playing as.

If you're playing a tank - then yeah - I would definitely agree with you. Mist Form is a must now, otherwise you are going to get rolled as a Templar IMHO. Even with major protection up and my ultimate heal going off (which is not near as good as it used to be) my health drops like a rock.

Edited by Jeremy on June 6, 2020 6:27AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RAT and total dark means no need to be vamp. Only time I miss mist form is when I get overrun with numbers with root spam. RAT is awfully short