The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has anyone gotten "St. Alessia, Paravant"? (Found it)

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know the lead is supposed to drop from grahtwood, but i have yet to have gotten it from the bosses in the zone.

Edit:Got it from the battleground daily bag
Edited by Aliyavana on May 29, 2020 6:35AM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Antiquities in specific zones do not necessarily have Leads from that zone itself.
    There are Antiquities in Glenumbra that require a Lead from Cyrodiil (since you can't scry/dig in Cyro).

So just because you see a Furnishing listed in Grahtwood, doesn't mean the Lead is from there too.
    And also, even if it is from Grahtwood, it might have a more specific source. Not WBs but Safeboxes, for example.
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Antiquities in specific zones do not necessarily have Leads from that zone itself.

So just because you see a Furnishing listed in Grahtwood, doesn't mean the Lead is from there too.

Would you be do kind to explaint that a little more? If I need that lead, where should I go?
    I spent at least 5 hours in Grathwood, opened hundred of chests, killed hundreds of mobs, dosens of dungeon bosses, not to mention harvesting but I get zero gold lead....
    I have zero leads yesterday at all from chests/boss/mobs... I am a little bit desperate now :/
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ratinira wrote: »

Would you be do kind to explaint that a little more? If I need that lead, where should I go?
    I spent at least 5 hours in Grathwood, opened hundred of chests, killed hundreds of mobs, dosens of dungeon bosses, not to mention harvesting but I get zero gold lead....
    I have zero leads yesterday at all from chests/boss/mobs... I am a little bit desperate now :/
    Some Leads have widely known sources. Like the 'Antique map of...' furnishing from which is sold by General Merchants in that zone. Or the Treasure leads, which you earn from doing the previous treasures (each zone has a green, blue and purple Treasure; you have the green lead automatically, and finding that gives the blue lead, and the blue gives the purple lead).

But for most Antiquities, the Leads are unknown and sometimes very specific. There is no way of knowing until another player find them and shares the info. Some leads for zones actually drop from Dungeon bosses. And for some base-game zone Antiquities, the Lead comes from Cyrodiil (since you can't scry/dig in Cyro but Leads can still drop there).

Edit: It seems someone has found the Lead for 'St Alessia Paravant' from a Rewards of the Worthy bag from Battlegrounds. It's just player word-of-mouth, not a source confirmed by the game, but that's all we have for Antiquities.
    Edited by bluebird on May 29, 2020 6:16AM
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank you. That's bad. Very-very bad :'(
    Edited by Ratinira on May 29, 2020 6:26AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got it from the daily battleground bag
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I hate pvp greatly. So never did it...
    How do I get such bag?
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How do I get such bag?

A BG lasts about 15 minutes with waiting time and all... Hardly something unbearable. Compare this to a DLC vet dungeon where you can wait for a hour, get a decent group, wipe at the 2nd boss, then wait hours trying with replacements until everyone leaves. (unless you are in a pve guild)
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Ratinira
    Ratinira
    ✭✭✭✭
    kind_hero wrote: »

How do I get such bag?

A BG lasts about 15 minutes with waiting time and all... Hardly something unbearable. Compare this to a DLC vet dungeon where you can wait for a hour, get a decent group, wipe at the 2nd boss, then wait hours trying with replacements until everyone leaves. (unless you are in a pve guild)

The question is not about time at all, I just hate pvp...
    But the question was: how to get that reward? What should be done?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How do I get such bag?

Yep, nope.

Not doing BGs here (I have my reasons for this) and if it turns out the furnishing I, personally, want only drops from BGs, I will have to consider my future in this game.

Not playing a game which forces people into PVP, just to get furnishings for a house.
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Not doing BGs here (I have my reasons for this) and if it turns out the furnishing I, personally, want only drops from BGs, I will have to consider my future in this game.

Not playing a game which forces people into PVP, just to get furnishings for a house.

I generally disagree. While it is odd that they have put furnishings behind PvP walls while they have you farming regular wolves and PvE dungeon bosses for PvP mythics, I really want the statue as an Imperial die-hard so I have been doing the battleground daily everyday. You just have to make the best of what you've been given if you really want something.

It took me 30 mins to simply look up a quick build and throw on some PvP gear, and I've been doing matches that take just 10 minutes or so everyday. It's not a big ask.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of locking furnishings behind tedious content - like trials or PvP or long daily grinds. They are already locked behind grinding out the Skill Line and the skyshards needed for the Skill points, and the leads are RNG too, so no need to compound all that by tying it to a tedious content.

This whole issue could have been avoided if Leads (or the actual Antiquity furnishings) were tradeable.

Because hardcore PvPers who do BGs all day every day will get tons of leads they may not even care about because they're not into housing. And even if they are into housing, they will get tons of duplicates that are wasted on them. I already got 4 copies of the Snow-Elf throne from random drops in Skyrim, and don't get me wrong I like the item but after so much repetition it's a total waste at this point.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How do I get such bag?

There's a Battlegrounds intro quest given by posted flyers marked "For Glory!" that will have you do your first Battleground match. (You just have to participate to clear the quest.) After that, Battlemaster Rivyn at the Battlegrounds enclaves will have daily quests available.

From UESP wiki:

Let the Games Begin: Participate in five Battlegrounds matches.
    Test of Mettle: Earn one thousand Medal Points in a Battleground.
    To the Victor: Win three Battlegrounds matches.

Wiki has more info on Battlegrounds in general.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm also not a big fan of locking furnishings behind tedious content - like trials or PvP or long daily grinds.

I agree, PvPers are also getting annoyed at having to grind PvE dungeons so they can stay 100% competitive in PvP. I get the feeling that ZOS wanted to introduce players to content they usually avoid (also why they changed battleground matchmaking), but I fear that the grindy nature of getting the leads will have the opposite effect.

I know that once I get my battleground lead that I probably won't do any more until something else gets locked behind it.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, fully agree, either leads or the items should be tradable. If ZOS wants players to get DLCs or ESO+, then leads.
    Right now system is stupid, as I am forced to simply destroy unwanted items (like 6th-house table) and at the same time can't reliably get the needed number of wanted items. But what is the point of destroying the item that someone else will be happy to use and struggle to get it?
    StevenIV wrote: »
    It took me 30 mins to simply look up a quick build and throw on some PvP gear, and I've been doing matches that take just 10 minutes or so everyday. It's not a big ask.
    Luckily I don't want that particular furniture, so I don't even think of going into BG. But if I will be forced into it, I will not use PVP gear, I will not play the objectives, I will not play with team, I will just attack random target with random skill and die, because I will not want to do it, I will want the item. So, trust me, nobody will want me to enter BG and break the game of other players.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Yes, fully agree, either leads or the items should be tradable...
    Right now system is stupid, as I am forced to simply destroy unwanted items (like 6th-house table)

I'd love for the leads and/or items to be trade-able. I lost count how many times one of the leads for the music box dropped for me...
    As for destroying the table, o_O. It's one of my favorite furnishings from antiquities, but I guess to each their own, right?
    But if I will be forced into it, I will not use PVP gear, I will not play the objectives, I will not play with team, I will just attack random target with random skill and die, because I will not want to do it, I will want the item. So, trust me, nobody will want me to enter BG and break the game of other players.

I've had fun in PvP but never entered a BG because, from what I've seen, I find them boring. IF I ever decide to do one though, I'll try my best to help the team. That's how I see any group content in this game, it's supposed to be a group effort and we should try to do our best to help.

Please, don't spoil the game for others just because you feel "forced" to do certain content. No one is forced to do content they don't like. Do the devs make it tempting? Of course, that's their job, to entice players to do everything in game (hence, antiquities). But remember that you can, and will, be able to play the game even if you don't have that shiny everyone is talking about.

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    As for destroying the table, o_O. It's one of my favorite furnishings from antiquities, but I guess to each their own, right?
    Well, non of my characters are followers of Voryn Dagoth. Having such a table in the character house would be similar to having a daedric altar, completely inappropriate. Even it is beautiful from my perspective as a player, it is useless in any actual design for me.
    No one is forced to do content they don't like. Do the devs make it tempting? Of course, that's their job, to entice players to do everything in game (hence, antiquities).
    I can't agree with it. A job of the developer is to make tempting actual content, not make good reward for bad content and hope that most players will do it for rewards. Maybe it is working for some people, but I know from personal experience that it is better to have some players that enjoy one part and other players that enjoy another part and let them enjoying those parts without disturbing them with parts they do not enjoy. It is like I want to eat some ice-cream, but then I am told that I can eat ice-cream only if I eat 1 kg of garlic before that. The only natural reaction to it would be to smash both ice-cream and garlic into the face of the one who is telling this.
    But remember that you can, and will, be able to play the game even if you don't have that shiny everyone is talking about.
    Yes, this is correct. But we should remember, that some players are more emotionally attached to games they play. We also should remember, that every negative bit will decrease player happiness, and it is better to keep player happy. For example, I bought Dawnshadow (for gold) instead of Jode's Embrace (for crowns), because dragon statues were locked behind vet trial. Without dragons Jode's Embrace was meaningless. So, yes, we will be able to play the game, but we will play differently.
    one mer to find them,
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ilsabet wrote: »

How do I get such bag?

There's a Battlegrounds intro quest given by posted flyers marked "For Glory!" that will have you do your first Battleground match. (You just have to participate to clear the quest.) After that, Battlemaster Rivyn at the Battlegrounds enclaves will have daily quests available.

From UESP wiki:

They just said they don't want to do PVP and you tell them how to do PVP. :lol:
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I generally disagree. While it is odd that they have put furnishings behind PvP walls while they have you farming regular wolves and PvE dungeon bosses for PvP mythics, I really want the statue as an Imperial die-hard so I have been doing the battleground daily everyday. You just have to make the best of what you've been given if you really want something.

Well, you are of course free to disagree all you like, but you're not me and you don't get to make my decisions for me.

I played at launch, left and came back nearly 3 years ago.

I haven't ever done PVP here and I'm not starting now.

By the way, I don't want some Imperial statue, which might have some connection with PVP for all I know.

I just want the Khenarthi's Roost Tapestry, which is the gentlest looking, least PVP-related furnishing you can possibly imagine.

If it turns out that a tapestry like that is permanently locked behind PVP, I'm done.

It is like I want to eat some ice-cream, but then I am told that I can eat ice-cream only if I eat 1 kg of garlic before that. The only natural reaction to it would be to smash both ice-cream and garlic into the face of the one who is telling this.

Damn right and then not give them any more money, ever, for ice cream, garlic, or anything else, until they come to their senses...

But remember that you can, and will, be able to play the game even if you don't have that shiny everyone is talking about.

This is the housing forum.

Nobody cares about "shinies" that "everyone is talking about".

We care about making beautiful houses and to do that, we need furnishings.

They didn't even provide Solitude curtains for Proudspire and once again, they didn't provide sofas (just more bare benches).

In addition, they didn't provide any tapestries, at all.

The only new one, this chapter, is locked behind antiquities, which is tedious enough, without adding forced PVP into the mix
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 3, 2020 9:40PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the Khenarthi's Roost Tapestry, which is the gentlest looking, least PVP-related furnishing you can possibly imagine.

If it turns out that a tapestry like that is permanently locked behind PVP, I'm done.
    I just got Sweet Khenarthi's Song from a skeever near Rid-Thar's Solace, and my friend got it from the chest on Khenarthi's Roost. So at least this furnishing is achievable by normal means.
    one mer to find them,
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I just got Sweet Khenarthi's Song from a skeever near Rid-Thar's Solace, and my friend got it from the chest on Khenarthi's Roost. So at least this furnishing is achievable by normal means.

Nice, thank you for letting me know. :smile:

As I say, I couldn't believe that a tapestry like that would be locked behind PVP.

Especially when it is the only new one, in a chapter with a compete lack of soft furnishings, in general.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

How do I get such bag?

From UESP wiki:

I mean they literally asked what they would need to do to get the reward.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How do I get such bag?

From UESP wiki:

I mean they literally asked what they would need to do to get the reward.

I think they were trying to ask how else they could get it, or if the situation would be changed.

I think it was a turn of phrase, in other words.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 3, 2020 9:52PM
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I see. I'm glad for you that you get that outside of PvP as I see your reasoning there.

We care about making beautiful houses and to do that, we need furnishings.

They didn't even provide Solitude curtains for Proudspire and once again, they didn't provide sofas (just more bare benches).

In addition, they didn't provide any tapestries, at all.

The only new one, this chapter, is locked behind antiquities, which is tedious enough, without adding forced PVP into the mix

I don't think you can really complain about ZOS not giving major attention to housing when you seem to advocate for it to be completely separate from a core aspect of the game. There have been awesome furnishings locked behind PvP from the start, and I'm sure there'll be more in the future. I don't think about quitting because I know that I'll never have the time or sufficient desire to get some of them.

In fact, it took me less time and effort to get Alessia's statue than it did to get most of the PvE-sourced antiquities I've earned so far which involved mindlessly grinding the same old stuff. Taking some staunch stand against PvP therefore seems silly to me. But as you said, to each their own.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish more players would give PvP a try. I swore I would never do it except for the skyshard achievements and clearing the delves on my main character, and of course I was scared to death because I was doing it solo even on a low pop campaign.

I did Midyear Mayhem on my PvE main character for the achievements later and had a blast! I was hooked!

Now I have a dedicated PvP toon that I play every day in Cyrodiil and love it.

I have yet to convince any other players to do the same, everyone says “it’s not for me.” How do you know until you try?
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think you can really complain about ZOS not giving major attention to housing when you seem to advocate for it to be completely separate from a core aspect of the game.
    I would say that Housing is one of the core aspects of the game, the Homestead was released the same way as Orsinium. In addition to the activity locks like pvp or trial we also have a pay to win aspect with crown-only furnishings, so it is understandable that when in addition to huge monetary investments we are expected to engage in some other modes that we don't like, we are not amused.
    I have yet to convince any other players to do the same, everyone says “it’s not for me.” How do you know until you try?
    I am playing computer games since late 80-s. I know everything about what I like and what I don't like. It hasn't changed in the past, it will not change in the future.
    Even if I look at it from the logical perspective, I have a clear answer. Combat in ESO is bad. The only good thing of ESO combat is that with good skills and sets you can burn through it very fast and not waste time on it. PVP is pure combat. That means that there is zero chance that PVP in any shape or form will be fun for me (even if I suddenly forget that I hate PVP as a concept).
    one mer to find them,
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say that Housing is one of the core aspects of the game, the Homestead was released the same way as Orsinium. In addition to the activity locks like pvp or trial we also have a pay to win aspect with crown-only furnishings, so it is understandable that when in addition to huge monetary investments we are expected to engage in some other modes that we don't like, we are not amused.

That is true. But core or no, housing has a far smaller community than PvP and end-game PvE. The more overlap with those the better, as it'll mean more furnishings . When adding content ZOS will always try to provide for as many people as possible. I don't think we would have got as many furnishings with the antiquities system if they were all just offered directly to the housing community for crowns or jam-packed into the same casual PvE sources.

Refusing housing overlap with PvP will simply mean fewer furnishings for those housing enthusiasts like myself who don't mind a brief foray into PvP. This isn't a 100% like-minded community after all.

• Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But core or no, housing has a far smaller community than PvP and end-game PvE.
    And your source is?.. We can estimate the PvP community by almost always not locked campaigns (at least on NA). As players we have no in-game data on how many players have houses and what houses they have.
    Refusing housing overlap with PvP will simply mean fewer furnishings for those housing enthusiasts like myself who don't mind a brief foray into PvP. This isn't a 100% like-minded community after all.
    Except no? There are leads that are not exclusive to some kind of source. Nothing prevents leads dropping from both BG and delve bosses or even resource nodes. There is nothing that prevents checking either of two achievements for furnishings instead of one. Finally, we already have Golden as an additional source of monster sets, and there is nothing that prevents having some weekly lead merchant who can sell a selection of leads to those who don't want to engage in content they are not interested in.
    one mer to find them,
  • RemanCyrodiil_I
    RemanCyrodiil_I
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And your source is?

If you go on forums on mobile you can see exactly how much engagement there is with each sub-forum. On EU there is also only one main housing guild compared to dozens of PvP guilds, and one can see which ESO streamers get the most views. I don't think you can seriously suggest that the group of housing enthusiasts who are spending lots of money on furnishings is a large player-base.
    Nothing prevents leads dropping from both BG and delve bosses or even resource nodes. There is nothing that prevents checking either of two achievements for furnishings instead of one. Finally, we already have Golden as an additional source of monster sets, and there is nothing that prevents having some weekly lead merchant who can sell a selection of leads to those who don't want to engage in content they are not interested in.

The same thing is blocking what you suggest as blocking monster helms dropping from resources nodes or monster shoulders dropping from fishing. There's plenty of achievement furnishings with specific requirements - not all are achievable unless you are prepared to do content you aren't totally interested in. The Golden vendor is primarily for selling content that is locked behind Veteran dungeons - only a tiny percentage of furnishings are behind such high-level content and the maybe 30 minutes of PvP needed to get a potential lead certainly does not compare.

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not on PvP. I've gotten two so far. IIRC, the leads drop from Khenarthi's Roost.

I'll try to keep my reply civil [snip]. "Shinies" can be anything. In the case of housing enthusiasts, they are, of course, furnishings.

[edited to removed bait]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on June 4, 2020 6:04PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And your source is?
    If you go on forums on mobile you can see exactly how much engagement there is with each sub-forum. On EU there is also only one main housing guild compared to dozens of PvP guilds, and one can see which ESO streamers get the most views. I don't think you can seriously suggest that the group of housing enthusiasts who are spending lots of money on furnishings is a large player-base.
    The only thing that it is possible to deduce from such source is that the pvp crowd is the most noisy. On the other hand, ZOS is selling new houses and new furnishings every few months, but stopped selling pvp content years ago (and made both BG and IC free).
    Nothing prevents leads dropping from both BG and delve bosses or even resource nodes. There is nothing that prevents checking either of two achievements for furnishings instead of one. Finally, we already have Golden as an additional source of monster sets, and there is nothing that prevents having some weekly lead merchant who can sell a selection of leads to those who don't want to engage in content they are not interested in.

The same thing is blocking what you suggest as blocking monster helms dropping from resources nodes or monster shoulders dropping from fishing. There's plenty of achievement furnishings with specific requirements - not all are achievable unless you are prepared to do content you aren't totally interested in. The Golden vendor is primarily for selling content that is locked behind Veteran dungeons - only a tiny percentage of furnishings are behind such high-level content and the maybe 30 minutes of PvP needed to get a potential lead certainly does not compare.
    Different furnishings are like different sets. What you are saying is "Why are you upset that you should do master writs to get BIS sets? There are plenty sets in the dungeons. Those sets are worse, but you should deal with it."

Edited by Olauron on June 4, 2020 2:34PM
    one mer to find them,
This discussion has been closed.