The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

52-0 Battlegrounds with magblade

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »
    Attackopsn wrote: »
    nice dude 😇 I don’t know why people get so toxic here, it’s like they are dragging someone down for just being excited about doing something they had fun doing 😔

It's not toxic. What bothers me is, that this give the false illusion that MagBlade is op, when in reality is the worst class in high MMR matches.

ZO$ could look this kind of stuff and keep nerfing NB even more.

Also the potatoes in this video, could start crying on the forums about nerfing NB too...

A class that can turn invisible when in danger and reset HP with continuous LOS is OP. Sounds more to me like a NB player is trying to keep his class under the radar Lol

Yeah, too bad this game doesn't provide any single way to counter invisibility
    /s
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »
    nice dude 😇 I don’t know why people get so toxic here, it’s like they are dragging someone down for just being excited about doing something they had fun doing 😔

It's not toxic. What bothers me is, that this give the false illusion that MagBlade is op, when in reality is the worst class in high MMR matches.

Also the potatoes in this video, could start crying on the forums about nerfing NB too...

A class that can turn invisible when in danger and reset HP with continuous LOS is OP. Sounds more to me like a NB player is trying to keep his class under the radar Lol

/s

There are soft *counters* that punches them out of stealth, which requires you to stand 1 inch from them,and it only kicks them out of stealth for 1-2 seconds. Pretty useless if you ask me.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

There are soft *counters* that punches them out of stealth, which requires you to stand 1 inch from them,and it only kicks them out of stealth for 1-2 seconds. Pretty useless if you ask me.

The skills you just mentioned are actually hard counters, their detection radius starts at 6m minimum, (one has a 10m radius and another 12m) and you completely neglect to mention the fact that every AOE in the game also hard counters cloak.

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

TL;DR: If you think Cloak is overpowered, there's a good chance you're underpowered.

Here's a challenge for you: please name another skill in the game that has as many counters as Cloak does.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

/s

The skills you just mentioned are actually hard counters, their detection radius starts at 6m minimum, (one has a 10m radius and another 12m) and you completely neglect to mention the fact that every AOE in the game also hard counters cloak.

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

TL;DR: If you think Cloak is overpowered, there's a good chance you're underpowered.

Here's a challenge for you: please name another skill in the game that has as many counters as Cloak does.
    Thats a funny challenge, because what other class in the game has a unique spell in the game as that? CC's? Everyone has some form of CC's, and that can be easily countered.

You forgot to neglect the idea that you need to have the said specific skill for a specific class, and a specific situation, that cost a big chunk of resources to cast to catch that specific class. If you get caught with that skill against a different class to use it, you will more likely have a dead button herp derp. You'd have to be really butt hurt with a NB to change your skill line up in a BG just to hunt down one guy. If the NB doesn't notice you catching on to him, he's probably a basic NB.

Let's be honest now, only NB will down play there class as not OP, just as any sorc. If you get caught as NB, you're probably just bad. Yes I have a NB too, I know what it can do. Maybe you're just one of the "underpowered" NB who have no clue how to utilize his class.

There's nothing no more sadder than a person trying to down grade there class acting like there noting OP about what it can do. At least I'm honest about it Lol.

CP Cyro, oh how much fun you can have as a SOLO NB against a group of people.

Edited by Commandment on June 2, 2020 5:58AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

/s

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

Thats a funny challenge, because what other class in the game has a unique spell in the game as that? CC's? Everyone has some form of CC's, and that can be easily countered.

You forgot to neglect the idea that you need to have the said specific skill for a specific class, and a specific situation, that cost a big chunk of resources to cast to catch that specific class. If you get caught with that skill against a different class to use it, you will more likely have a dead button herp derp.

You couldn't be more wrong. These are some of the skills that are commonly used in PvP.
    - DK: volatile armor, breath
    - Sorc: Streak, Hurricane/Storm, Curse
    - Templar: Jabs, Barrage, Backlash
    - Warden: Shalks, Arctic blast
    - Necro: Boneyard, Scythe

None of these skills are a "dead button herp derp" against other classes. Also let's not forget that many builds run Camo hunter or Inner light too because of their passives, not only to counter NBs.
    But wait, there's more! If for some weird reason you are not running any of these skills you still can counter cloak with detect pots!
    I play all classes, and i can tell you that even a magblade using Dark cloak has better survivability than someone using Shadowy disguise.
  • Foto1
    Foto1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do not dispute the skill of the author. just ask him to repeat it in deathmatch
    PC/EU CP 1200+
    Artaxerks stamina dk khajiit
    Wayna Qhapaq magicka dk argonian
    Rorekur stamina sorc orc
    Maria de Medici magicka sorc breton
    Cordeilla stamina warden wood elf
    Quienn Gwendolen magicka warden high elf
    Nefertari stamina necro khajiit
    Boadicea Icenian magicka templar dark elf
    Clarice de Medici healer nb breton
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

You forgot to neglect the idea that you need to have the said specific skill for a specific class, and a specific situation, that cost a big chunk of resources to cast to catch that specific class. If you get caught with that skill against a different class to use it, you will more likely have a dead button herp derp.

You couldn't be more wrong. These are some of the skills that are commonly used in PvP.

None of these skills are a "dead button herp derp" against other classes. Also let's not forget that many builds run Camo hunter or Inner light too because of their passives, not only to counter NBs.
    But wait, there's more! If for some weird reason you are not running any of these skills you still can counter cloak with detect pots!
    I play all classes, and i can tell you that even a magblade using Dark cloak has better survivability than someone using Shadowy disguise.

Post Greymoor I'd doubt it.

Good players who know how to coordinate an attack chew through Dark Cloak like it was nothing. Healing as a means of defense is pretty much dead now in my opinion. You might as well bury it and write its epitaph. Maybe in a 1v1 match up Dark Cloak could counter the offense of an average player if combined with drain. But good ones or those who make effective use of macros will burst through Dark Cloak in one second or less.

So I think invisibility is better as a means of defense now, especially if it's combined with speed and elusive mist. Mobility is pretty much king now. Trying to heal through damage is a lost cause against competent players.
    Edited by Jeremy on June 3, 2020 8:44PM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

/s

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

Good players who know how to coordinate an attack chew through Dark Cloak like it was nothing. Healing as a means of defense is pretty much dead now in my opinion. You might as well bury it and write its epitaph. Maybe in a 1v1 match up Dark Cloak could counter the offense of an average player if combined with drain. But good ones or those who make effective use of macros will burst through Dark Cloak in one second or less.

Dark Cloak alone does nothing, and yes, i don't think NBs should use 2 or 3 more skills aside from Cloak to be able to properly heal (one of them requiring a target), but it's still better than Shadowy. With HOTs you can keep the pressure, with Shadowy you need to stop the combat.
    Shadowy might work against below average pvpers, but not against good ones.

/s

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

So I think invisibility is better as a means of defense now, especially if it's combined with speed and elusive mist. Mobility is pretty much king now. Trying to heal through damage is a lost cause against competent players.

You can still be fast without Shadowy, either by using Swift, ring of the wild hunt, steed mundus...

I don't know about others, but i would never combine invisibility with elusive mist.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/s

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

Dark Cloak alone does nothing, and yes, i don't think NBs should use 2 or 3 more skills aside from Cloak to be able to properly heal (one of them requiring a target), but it's still better than Shadowy. With HOTs you can keep the pressure, with Shadowy you need to stop the combat.
    Shadowy might work against below average pvpers, but not against good ones.

/s

And then there's this:
    ehbMg9N.png

You can still be fast without Shadowy, either by using Swift, ring of the wild hunt, steed mundus...

I don't know about others, but i would never combine invisibility with elusive mist.

i confirm this. best magblade i have seen today used hots. i was quite suprised becouse stamblades can be good yes didnt expect a magblade to heal AND do dmg like that. should have asked for build.
  • Vara
    Vara
    ✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Xarcus wrote: »
    against cp200 players ?
    Was probably a sub-50 BG, tbh.

Isn't Battleground CP and No CP now? I haven't played BGs in forever but thought it was separated now. This group is all above CP 160 so won't the other groups be CP level as well?

Nope you can have random cp 20 or 50 thrown in the mix they just go 0-11 and ruin the game trying to get their daily done...