Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

VR10 vs lvl 10 - diference in PvP?

R0M2K
R0M2K
✭✭✭✭
What are the exact diferences in going to Cydorill at VR10 as opossed to some one entering with a lvl 10 character??

Thanks.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Well a level 10 receives a boost that makes them about equivalent to a default level 50 in level 48 green gear.
  • Gaudrath
    Gaudrath
    ✭✭✭
    The differences are such that a VR10 will step on a lvl10, squish him, and not even notice it.

But, a bunch of lvl10s will swarm a single VR10 and, well... have you heard of fire ants?
  • Zambonie
    Zambonie
    The difference is mostly skill points... and some stats. Depending on the VR10's gear.

You get boosted stats as lvl 10, but the VR10 will have geared stats that are better than the boosted stats.

Since the VR10 will have all their needed/wanted skills unlocked, they have a much better advantage.
  • yetskiiub17_ESO
    Difference is your sword does ~25 damage, his does 150...He has 500 armor rating, you have 12
  • Shimond
    Shimond
    ✭✭✭✭
    Difference is your sword does ~25 damage, his does 150...He has 500 armor rating, you have 12

Not in Cyrodiil.
  • Inactive Account
    Inactive Account
    ✭✭✭✭
    The weapon skills and abilities that they have unlocked, although balanced down, will likely be an advantage on one vs one or one vs three, but as stated above... fire ants, fire ants, crawling up your pants.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference is, if you try to fight a VR10 as a level 10 one on one ... you will die, he won't.

He'll probably stop to ask if it's started raining, your hits will be that effective.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer you want is that you will not take out a veteran player as a low level player in 1v1 ever.However, a veteran can kill 3-10 players or more if noone in your group is at least near veterancy.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    Well a level 10 can't switch weapons, and they only have access to a very small portion of skills so a VT 10 is going to have a much larger build diversity and advantage just because of skills he'll have that a level 10 won't have access to yet.
  • moXrox
    moXrox
    ✭✭✭
    When I was lvl 12 around I did fight with 1h+shield against a VR8 which had a 2H.
    My 1h weapon skill did almost not scratch him, maybe it took 1/20 of his HP bar so lets say a 2mm.

He could almost 2 shot me with his 2H weapon and I died in a finger snip.
    Its just lame.
    Music Channel:
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCQHvIypA0v70w4uu_ej8wyg/featured
    Tolkien Fantasy Music, Medieval, Pagan & Nordic Music Style
  • Antonie
    Antonie
    ✭✭✭
    VR 10 will not only have more skills, better stats, gear and combat experience but most skills that are used to level to veteran rank 10 are most likely to be maxed out.
    For example a level 10 player with magelight might get 5% critical bonus for spells while a veteran rank 10 player will most likely have 19% from the skill alone because it is already maxed out. Now magelight is not affected by magicka as a factor(unlike damage skills) but that may contribute to a high difference as well.
    Edited by Antonie on April 20, 2014 12:37AM
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”-Albert Einstein
    Leben ist ein RPG. Was ist DEINE Rolle?-Motto von http://rpgspielen.de/