The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kujo kethba one shot my tank.

OWLTHEMAD
OWLTHEMAD
✭✭✭✭
I dont know if this is the right place for this thread but here it is.

So i keep dieing to kujo kethba in moongrave fane.

Im fine entire fight and then get one shot by lacerate. Ill have my guard up, minor maim and major and minor protection.

I dont see anywind up to know if i should interupt but he hits me for between 46k and 65k.

Like it literally comes out of no where to me.

Can someone explain what im missing here?

Im a noobish nightblade tank.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Might be a wipe mechanic that your not suppose to face tank. If it's a dot, which I think Lacerate is because it's the same name as the DW ult thats happens to be a dot, then you may need to have your healer or yourself run a purge if the damage can't be avoided.

I don't know the mechanics of that specific fight, worth looking up a guide maybe.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 31, 2020 5:54PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll dodge.

I don't have indication for how much hp you should have to survive it through block, because I usually roll dodge it, but I am pretty sure it shouldn't kill you for 40k through block.

Probably you didn't block. And I don't mean it in an elitist condescending way, but in the "ZoS can't program" way.
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    46k is with block. 65k without.

My issue is i dont know what im looking for or i would just dodge. I dont see any wind up or unique motion set. He just does what looks like a normal hit and i go from 100 to zero instantly.

I figure i probably dont know what to look for. Everything i read just talks about the geyser mechanic, but i can sustain through that and everything else all day. Its this one da** one shot and i dont know what it is to avoid it.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty sure you are talking about his heavy attack, he will slowly raise his left hand (the hand you see on the right) and then slam it down on you.

It is impossible that he hits you 65k not through block and 45k through block, block mitigation should lower it from 65k to around 26k through block if you are using s/b or ice staff. (50% for block, additional 20% for block mitigation passives.)

It looks more like you used NB ult for major protection for 30% defense and died cause no block :sweat_smile:
    Edited by zvavi on May 31, 2020 8:26PM
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    While his health bar is golden, he will automatically reflect any attack you do to him. When he kinda jumps in the air, everyone needs to stop hitting him. You're literally probably killing yourself. I've done it a few times when I was learning the dungeon, until my death recap told me he reflected my own attacks. XD
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While his health bar is golden, he will automatically reflect any attack you do to him. When he kinda jumps in the air, everyone needs to stop hitting him. You're literally probably killing yourself. I've done it a few times when I was learning the dungeon, until my death recap told me he reflected my own attacks. XD

Ye those ticks hit for 10k not 60k
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png
    here u go, the dmg when blocked on my sorc, doesnt have fancy protections or anything, just block
  • OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weird. I swear im blocking through it though. Maybe im getting desynced or something. Ill hav ed to try it again.