The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you like new PvP? (I don't)

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    actually enjoying the PvP so far, had some great fights today ppl actually died, also able to fight at a keep with more than 3 enemy players in it without freezing up, balance will need more time to judge, tank builds are still out there but atleast they go down now
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to check it out

But OP, I don't like your set choices nor the abilities you mentioned
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JayKwellen
    JayKwellen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of y'all talking about "just use a defensive set", and here I am as a magblade just feeling sad.

I already run three offensive sets to be able to burst through the high healing of, well, every class except other nightblades. That or running two offensive sets with a defensive monster set, or finding creative ways to fit 2p Potentates jewelry into my build, but I literally couldn't even imagine wearing five pieces of an actual defensive set? Are there any magblades out there who actually wear a defensive set like swift? How do you manage to kill anything that actually knows how to play?
    Xbox NA - JaeKwellen
    AD PvP
    Trying to main a magcro. This is awful.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I still say shields should have be nerfed to the same level as healing since it is a heal in reverse.

Since I am on console and have not any experience with Greymoor I wanted to thanks to everyone responding since I have not yet decided how I will run next patch in BG's. Probably one defensive and one damage set along.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game became not even partialy fun to play... with current server resposne time lack of performance and stupid bugs like charakter stuck in sprint and do not cast or use any ability..Fight is now base only on who get fist resposne from server adn who get first proc set..
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    I still say shields should have be nerfed to the same level as healing since it is a heal in reverse.

Since I am on console and have not any experience with Greymoor I wanted to thanks to everyone responding since I have not yet decided how I will run next patch in BG's. Probably one defensive and one damage set along.

WTF mag class are useelss on this patch... even random Stam nb can insta kill them (only one sorc yeasterday were manaage to did not take nearly insta kill..
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stop using all damage sets and expect to survive. Necro, both variants, have much higher heals than say stamblade or stamsorc, if they can adapt so can you.

Stam nb is stongest class on thsi patrtgch by FAR...
    Stamsorc also is on the top now...

even before patch it was relly strong class to IC solo and dueling but now.... any stuck in animation to break stun (1s means u are dead..)
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

WTF mag class are useelss on this patch... even random Stam nb can insta kill them (only one sorc yeasterday were manaage to did not take nearly insta kill..

not sure what your playing but my magSorc was kicking A** last night felt a lil more stronger than before
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

not sure what your playing but my magSorc was kicking A** last night felt a lil more stronger than before

Because magsorc is the only magicka class being able to fight on even ground with the strong stam specs like stamnecro or stamden.

Btw magsorc is the winner this patch and its changes, since the reduced healing affects them the least with damage shields, the best burst heal in the game and an unparalleled mobility tool like streak/ball of lightning.
    Edited by FirmamentOfStars on May 28, 2020 9:07AM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took my stamplar to magplar again actually.
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    Tsunahmie wrote: »
    For solo play its definately a nerf to self sustain. For group play its going to be healthier.

BGs everyone who played the meta will shift to heavy armour and run a dps monster set. Sit in s&b, wait for ult, dump ult. Medium armour might be good might not. If everyone goes heavy, speed builds could be viable. They could also run like 4 well-fitted and benefit alot from it. Overall damage is going to be lower for medium armour builds. Wouldnt be suprised if medium builds suffer from needing to bring more recovery and less weapon damage. Light armour is still gonna be poopy on most classes.

I predict dw bleed builds becoming more relevent.

Cyrodil meta wont change much i feel.

lol no, i still see wardens running around in light armor wrecking ppl and with it being easy to toggle 630 s/w damage for burst on vamp, yeah

i was getting 6K jabs in my combo on my magplar and melting ppl this evening, pop scion ULT, tanking with jabs like a beast, so 3v1 is pretty decent, and it seems like vamp skills all nicely synergize with templar right at the moment

the youtubers are going to be super hard about the numbers here in about 2 weeks lol

I guess Reactive Armor might be the heavy armor for some to go to, and thus no one would need to run immovable pots in order to force trigger 33% dmg reduction.. and you'd get 4 seconds of that after a CC break, but i'd still rather run that set in light armor... i mean with reactive armor, if ppl try to innterupt a plar that is spamming jabs, and its an elf, that would be about 38% dmg reduction.. now all you'd have to do is figure out how to tack on minor maim, or god forbid, major maim, and you could be pretty stupid tanky for a bit, long enough to destroy some peeps in a xv1 after you destroy someone with your combo burst

but ppl will just blockheal through obvious pvp mechanics, which is why burst should be stupid on point haha

oh yeah, my heals really suck right now at 7k... i'm used to them being much higher ah well

now that i think about it, it may be time to switch over to dark elf if i'm going to play vamp in pvp and run reactive... that way i can get my magicka sustain back and have a decent stam pool.. hmmmmmm

I would be interested to know what sets you are using as rn I am struggling to come up with a build (6+ hours on the build editor website) xD

New moon armour for damage. A defensive set like fortified brass and an offensive monster set. Hes playing a vamplar which covers most of vampires weaknesses and toggling frenzy to spam jabs. I recommend going for s&b if you havent already on your magicka toon. Its still the best mitigation of damage. Slot a major expedition skill you got it.

My magplar (currently not a vamp) runs NMA , Swift and Grothdarr/balorgh/Bloodspawn/scoria/zaan depending on what I want at the time. this is exactly what I was running 2 days ago and my build lacks soooo much now thanks to the healing nerf (was my main way of staying alive with Swoard n Board ultimate or remembrance in BGs). If I end up going vamplar stage 3/4 w=while running NMA (I am also a Breton already) I am afraid that my sustain will lack to much even with heavy attacks on my Lightning staff. I did play around with the build editor and stats are as follows:
    1800 mag recovery
    2400 spelldmge
    28-30K magicka depending on monster set

this is in 5 light 2 heavy or 5/1/1

dunno about heavy armour , do you think it's better to go 5 heavy now with vamp?

an alternative set I could use would be Auroran with malacath band of brutality and run that with swift or pariah or whatever not sure tho….
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    DTAmoral wrote: »
    Xargas13 wrote: »

You'll need to refine your build - I have builds on my channel if that helps or jump into my discord and I can help if needed - I do pvp exclusively pretty much.

Good luck!

Whats your discord? Im looking for a good discord
    https://discord.gg/N5SurmZ
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For solo play its definately a nerf to self sustain. For group play its going to be healthier.

BGs everyone who played the meta will shift to heavy armour and run a dps monster set. Sit in s&b, wait for ult, dump ult. Medium armour might be good might not. If everyone goes heavy, speed builds could be viable. They could also run like 4 well-fitted and benefit alot from it. Overall damage is going to be lower for medium armour builds. Wouldnt be suprised if medium builds suffer from needing to bring more recovery and less weapon damage. Light armour is still gonna be poopy on most classes.

I predict dw bleed builds becoming more relevent.

Cyrodil meta wont change much i feel.

lol no, i still see wardens running around in light armor wrecking ppl and with it being easy to toggle 630 s/w damage for burst on vamp, yeah

i was getting 6K jabs in my combo on my magplar and melting ppl this evening, pop scion ULT, tanking with jabs like a beast, so 3v1 is pretty decent, and it seems like vamp skills all nicely synergize with templar right at the moment

the youtubers are going to be super hard about the numbers here in about 2 weeks lol

I guess Reactive Armor might be the heavy armor for some to go to, and thus no one would need to run immovable pots in order to force trigger 33% dmg reduction.. and you'd get 4 seconds of that after a CC break, but i'd still rather run that set in light armor... i mean with reactive armor, if ppl try to innterupt a plar that is spamming jabs, and its an elf, that would be about 38% dmg reduction.. now all you'd have to do is figure out how to tack on minor maim, or god forbid, major maim, and you could be pretty stupid tanky for a bit, long enough to destroy some peeps in a xv1 after you destroy someone with your combo burst

but ppl will just blockheal through obvious pvp mechanics, which is why burst should be stupid on point haha

oh yeah, my heals really suck right now at 7k... i'm used to them being much higher ah well

now that i think about it, it may be time to switch over to dark elf if i'm going to play vamp in pvp and run reactive... that way i can get my magicka sustain back and have a decent stam pool.. hmmmmmm

I would be interested to know what sets you are using as rn I am struggling to come up with a build (6+ hours on the build editor website) xD

New moon armour for damage. A defensive set like fortified brass and an offensive monster set. Hes playing a vamplar which covers most of vampires weaknesses and toggling frenzy to spam jabs. I recommend going for s&b if you havent already on your magicka toon. Its still the best mitigation of damage. Slot a major expedition skill you got it.

My magplar (currently not a vamp) runs NMA , Swift and Grothdarr/balorgh/Bloodspawn/scoria/zaan depending on what I want at the time. this is exactly what I was running 2 days ago and my build lacks soooo much now thanks to the healing nerf (was my main way of staying alive with Swoard n Board ultimate or remembrance in BGs). If I end up going vamplar stage 3/4 w=while running NMA (I am also a Breton already) I am afraid that my sustain will lack to much even with heavy attacks on my Lightning staff. I did play around with the build editor and stats are as follows:
    1800 mag recovery
    2400 spelldmge
    28-30K magicka depending on monster set

this is in 5 light 2 heavy or 5/1/1

dunno about heavy armour , do you think it's better to go 5 heavy now with vamp?

an alternative set I could use would be Auroran with malacath band of brutality and run that with swift or pariah or whatever not sure tho….

I'd swap sword and board for willpower frost staff to keep expensive heals and blocks from having the NMA increased cost skip the first destro passive, then lightning for 2her ( useful to help keep stam return for blocking) drop your recovery about 1- 200, run sugar skulls for more overall stats if you are not, and just stick to remembrance for a defensive to allow you to recover resources when low in oh-no moments.

Frost staff gives you full glyph power so you can infuse it and get full effect every 6 seconds, probably when you refresh living dark, which I see as more important now, and hence why I dont want NMA back there. Alternatively, you could go resto and put regeneration in that slot but I like to block and I like ele-drain.

Generally I just feel with the healing nerf, HTD and ER is not enough. Vigor and ER are not enough. I actually have become 10% more tanky and added more heals this patch at sacrifice of about 8% effective damage and if someone starts whining again about people being able to heal to much without investment, I'm going to punch them right in the nose as every action taken is making an opposite reaction to what they want.

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on May 28, 2020 5:12PM
  • Vetixio
    Vetixio
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got hit by a nearly 16k executioner before I guess 3k Impen isn't worth anything, I assume they're running Balorgh's but seriously lol.
    Edited by Vetixio on May 28, 2020 3:36PM
    Pìerre - Breton Vampire Templar, Grand Overlord. Erádàn - Bosmer Templar, Warlord. Vyríc - Imperial Vampire Necromancer, Centurion. Sybìl - Breton Sorcerer, Centurion. Erìch - Nord Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Njàll - Nord Templar, Lieutenant. Elánnà - Bosmer Warden, Veteran. Laquì - Redguard Vampire Nightblade, Corporal. Noveni Dres - Dunmer Sorcerer, Lieutenant. Marìnus - Imperial Warden, Veteran. Arvyn Indoril - Dunmer Templar, Sergeant. Rósalyn - Breton Sorcerer, Corporal. Emelîn - Bosmer Dragonknight, Corporal. Astaroth Indoril - Dunmer Sorcerer.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »
    I tried few battlegrounds and I really hate it. I don't know why or how, but everyone is so damn tanky now, I wear full impen armor, but I still die fast, before I was compensating by healing, but now all my healing abilities are totally useless, not to mention my damage. I play magicka necromancer(don't judge) and was doing fairly well, but now my Braided Tether(heals) is totally useless, I tested it in BG while being low on health, and healed less then normal health regen as I see it. I wear damage gear, but as I said, I can't do sh*t now. And it's not like I was some kind of heal bot with high damage, that totally out healed every dps, It was just a means to survive longer and maybe able to kill something.

For those who are wondering, I am wearing full set of Necropotence, full set of War Maiden and Slimecraw set. All light except Slimecraw, which is heavy for more defense. They don't seem to be nerfed so I have no idea what is happening, so if you can shed some light on this, it would be welcome.

On the side note, thank you for ruining vampire ZOS, Increased cost on the abilities did it for me, not to mention fire damage, that in PvP is everywhere, I like animations and stuff, and would really like to finally feed with a good purpose, but it's just not worth it....

As for healing ZOS, if you didn't like heal bots, which I understand, why not set a cap on healing done instead of reducing it across the table...

While ZOS doesn't have a good track on updates/balance/performance/communication (you get my point), give it at least a week, very least - not just few hrs. Like really, the meta just went 180, 360 backwards - let it adjust, learn new builds, try new builds or if you are just a fotm person just wait for someone to come up with a new build.

Or just take a break like I am, I am a bit tired of the constant meta change, and the decline of performance with the so called performance improvement patches.

I decided to give feedback right away:)
    As for break, that's what I am doing now, I was ESO plus member, but canceled my sub(expires today) to see if this new expansion is worth it, but it seems I will be playing something else in the meanwhile, because it's just unplayable for me. As for builds, I like to create my own, but I just don't see how I can deal more damage or even take less damage, my build was meant for survival, even though it didn't always did it's job, but it was still enjoyable, ah well, good thing I have back up games:)

No it is not.
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    War Maiden doesn't work on a necro, the only skill that are magic damage is scythe and the Goliath ultimate. So the 5 piece is completely wasted on blastbones/skulls (fire), Boneyard/Colossus (frost), siphon/mage (lightning), all of the healing skills.

• MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    War Maiden doesn't work on a necro, the only skill that are magic damage is scythe and the Goliath ultimate. So the 5 piece is completely wasted on blastbones/skulls (fire), Boneyard/Colossus (frost), siphon/mage (lightning), all of the healing skills.

folks have some learning to do
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda crazy for not logging in for six months and not truly actively optimizing for over a year the same complaints/statements are still being made.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

folks have some learning to do

No big thing. Back at release, I created a templar, looked at the skill names like Blazing Shield, Blazing Spear, Burning Light, all fire-type names, and picked Dark Elf for the 7% fire damage passive. Doh. The class only had a single fire damage skill. I'm still a DE, and it all worked out in the end.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried few battlegrounds and I really hate it. I don't know why or how, but everyone is so damn tanky now, I wear full impen armor, but I still die fast, before I was compensating by healing, but now all my healing abilities are totally useless, not to mention my damage. I play magicka necromancer(don't judge) and was doing fairly well, but now my Braided Tether(heals) is totally useless, I tested it in BG while being low on health, and healed less then normal health regen as I see it. I wear damage gear, but as I said, I can't do sh*t now. And it's not like I was some kind of heal bot with high damage, that totally out healed every dps, It was just a means to survive longer and maybe able to kill something.

For those who are wondering, I am wearing full set of Necropotence, full set of War Maiden and Slimecraw set. All light except Slimecraw, which is heavy for more defense. They don't seem to be nerfed so I have no idea what is happening, so if you can shed some light on this, it would be welcome.

On the side note, thank you for ruining vampire ZOS, Increased cost on the abilities did it for me, not to mention fire damage, that in PvP is everywhere, I like animations and stuff, and would really like to finally feed with a good purpose, but it's just not worth it....

As for healing ZOS, if you didn't like heal bots, which I understand, why not set a cap on healing done instead of reducing it across the table...

While ZOS doesn't have a good track on updates/balance/performance/communication (you get my point), give it at least a week, very least - not just few hrs. Like really, the meta just went 180, 360 backwards - let it adjust, learn new builds, try new builds or if you are just a fotm person just wait for someone to come up with a new build.

Or just take a break like I am, I am a bit tired of the constant meta change, and the decline of performance with the so called performance improvement patches.

As for break, that's what I am doing now, I was ESO plus member, but canceled my sub(expires today) to see if this new expansion is worth it, but it seems I will be playing something else in the meanwhile, because it's just unplayable for me. As for builds, I like to create my own, but I just don't see how I can deal more damage or even take less damage, my build was meant for survival, even though it didn't always did it's job, but it was still enjoyable, ah well, good thing I have back up games:)

How do you consider war maiden and slime craw made for survival?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you expect from a company that "raises the floor and lowers the ceiling" with a blanket nerf on Sustain that ends up making things harder for the players on the floor and leaves the ceiling pretty much untouched?

Of course they're going to deal with unkillable HA tank builds by nerfing heals, thereby reducing the survivability of everyone but tanks. Of course they would.

Did they say that? That's moronic.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »

How do you consider war maiden and slime craw made for survival?

Eh, it's not the set, it's the slotted abilities, should have phrased it better I guess.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    ...my build was meant for survival...
    I don't see how you can say that — you're using light armor & 3 damage sets. If you want better survivability, try swapping out a damage set for a defensive one. As it stands right now, your build is almost as squishy as it can get.
    It's an odd combination too. I would go either for all magicka, because I'm using shields, or if investing in spell damage, I wouldn't use War Maiden, since that doesn't buff heals.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It feels even more skilless, dropping people now.

Then I just remember all the whining and nerf threads and I am throughly enjoying myself :D

I put a great deal of time into creating new builds for greymoor and it has paid off. Sadly I wish there was more diversity.

Especially would be nice if peeps would allow classes to have their identity again. Things don’t need to be perfectly balanced, to be more balanced....

Until then I play the game presented to me each time. Except for performance, had a blast last patch and this one is really fun, as well.

• StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    the nerfs were to much for no cp, classes with *** healing got worse, classes that relied on mistform cant utilize it anymore because you will get a costincrease on everything.
    Meanwhile noone of the issues got fixed, Guildgroups still dont die until they are outnumbered by 1 to 10 and so do the zergs and % mitigation still runs rampage . The only change is that smallscalers have trouble to do anything now, Realy an awesome patch, you punished those players who push themselfs to get better instead of grouping up with more and more players

Once again we see what happens when Zos ballances with a sledge hammer.

• JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry but this is what happens when forum thread after forum thread complains about Tanky builds with super heals in PVP.

ZOS always goes nerf happy overboard and hurts everyone but this time they did the right thing and applied these healing nerfs to PVP only.

• StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    JanTanhide wrote: »
    Sorry but this is what happens when forum thread after forum thread complains about Tanky builds with super heals in PVP.

ZOS always goes nerf happy overboard and hurts everyone but this time they did the right thing and applied these healing nerfs to PVP only.

Yeah but that doesnt explains why they did the same changes to cp and no cp i mean ok i see survivablity in Cp is to high, but no cp was actual fine or atleast it didnt deserved the same changes as cp pvp.

What zos should have done instead is reducing the amount of crosshealing by X% Selfheals wernt the problem, if someone builds for high heals / high resistances they should be harder to kill. Or they could just remove the spell/wpsdmg scaling from heals.