The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do you like new PvP? (I don't)

Xargas13
Xargas13
✭✭✭
I tried few battlegrounds and I really hate it. I don't know why or how, but everyone is so damn tanky now, I wear full impen armor, but I still die fast, before I was compensating by healing, but now all my healing abilities are totally useless, not to mention my damage. I play magicka necromancer(don't judge) and was doing fairly well, but now my Braided Tether(heals) is totally useless, I tested it in BG while being low on health, and healed less then normal health regen as I see it. I wear damage gear, but as I said, I can't do sh*t now. And it's not like I was some kind of heal bot with high damage, that totally out healed every dps, It was just a means to survive longer and maybe able to kill something.

For those who are wondering, I am wearing full set of Necropotence, full set of War Maiden and Slimecraw set. All light except Slimecraw, which is heavy for more defense. They don't seem to be nerfed so I have no idea what is happening, so if you can shed some light on this, it would be welcome.

On the side note, thank you for ruining vampire ZOS, Increased cost on the abilities did it for me, not to mention fire damage, that in PvP is everywhere, I like animations and stuff, and would really like to finally feed with a good purpose, but it's just not worth it....

As for healing ZOS, if you didn't like heal bots, which I understand, why not set a cap on healing done instead of reducing it across the table...

EDIT: I rushed with the post, I heeded the advises given here and changed my gear set up, it has a few bumps, but I'm doing fine. I have been playing this game with huge breaks, and it turns out I still need to learn, this post proved useful after all:) Thank you.
Edited by Xargas13 on May 31, 2020 1:44PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I told you guys that this patch would be the worst pvp patch ever and that everyone would:

do more damage
    heal more
    take less damage

ZOS refused to take my words seriously, and now you guys can enjoy the result. PvP is dead.
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because everything got nerfed to help PVP, hope it is super fun for you guys now.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Xargas13 wrote: »
    I tried few battlegrounds and I really hate it. I don't know why or how, but everyone is so damn tanky now, I wear full impen armor, but I still die fast, before I was compensating by healing, but now all my healing abilities are totally useless, not to mention my damage. I play magicka necromancer(don't judge) and was doing fairly well, but now my Braided Tether(heals) is totally useless, I tested it in BG while being low on health, and healed less then normal health regen as I see it. I wear damage gear, but as I said, I can't do sh*t now. And it's not like I was some kind of heal bot with high damage, that totally out healed every dps, It was just a means to survive longer and maybe able to kill something.

For those who are wondering, I am wearing full set of Necropotence, full set of War Maiden and Slimecraw set. All light except Slimecraw, which is heavy for more defense. They don't seem to be nerfed so I have no idea what is happening, so if you can shed some light on this, it would be welcome.

On the side note, thank you for ruining vampire ZOS, Increased cost on the abilities did it for me, not to mention fire damage, that in PvP is everywhere, I like animations and stuff, and would really like to finally feed with a good purpose, but it's just not worth it....

As for healing ZOS, if you didn't like heal bots, which I understand, why not set a cap on healing done instead of reducing it across the table...

While ZOS doesn't have a good track on updates/balance/performance/communication (you get my point), give it at least a week, very least - not just few hrs. Like really, the meta just went 180, 360 backwards - let it adjust, learn new builds, try new builds or if you are just a fotm person just wait for someone to come up with a new build.

Or just take a break like I am, I am a bit tired of the constant meta change, and the decline of performance with the so called performance improvement patches.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »

While ZOS doesn't have a good track on updates/balance/performance/communication (you get my point), give it at least a week, very least - not just few hrs. Like really, the meta just went 180, 360 backwards - let it adjust, learn new builds, try new builds or if you are just a fotm person just wait for someone to come up with a new build.

Or just take a break like I am, I am a bit tired of the constant meta change, and the decline of performance with the so called performance improvement patches.

I decided to give feedback right away:)
    As for break, that's what I am doing now, I was ESO plus member, but canceled my sub(expires today) to see if this new expansion is worth it, but it seems I will be playing something else in the meanwhile, because it's just unplayable for me. As for builds, I like to create my own, but I just don't see how I can deal more damage or even take less damage, my build was meant for survival, even though it didn't always did it's job, but it was still enjoyable, ah well, good thing I have back up games:)
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fbours wrote: »

I decided to give feedback right away:)
    As for break, that's what I am doing now, I was ESO plus member, but canceled my sub(expires today) to see if this new expansion is worth it, but it seems I will be playing something else in the meanwhile, because it's just unplayable for me. As for builds, I like to create my own, but I just don't see how I can deal more damage or even take less damage, my build was meant for survival, even though it didn't always did it's job, but it was still enjoyable, ah well, good thing I have back up games:)

Hm... i don't see how your build is meant for survival when all sets boosts dmg, maybe necropotebce boost heals but that has been berfed. So it is not your problem but it seems like everyone is switching up gears and trying new builds. 20% base crit resist gave people chance run run things like divine for more dmg, well fitted or renforced for more surivavbilty in lights of over all nerfs to defensive monster sets. Give it few dayor maybe a week or 2 for people to settle on specific builds. Some old sets were buffed for more survivabilty like ogrnum scale and some for more dmg like balorgh. As you said, some people seem tankier and once they activite maybe their balrogh set, they switch from being full tanks to being full DD. New balrogh is old fury set imo.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably a good time to take warmaiden off , it doesn’t buff your heals.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • catnamedwill
    catnamedwill
    ✭✭✭
    Stop using all damage sets and expect to survive. Necro, both variants, have much higher heals than say stamblade or stamsorc, if they can adapt so can you.
  • Bergzorn
    Bergzorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    I told you guys that this patch would be the worst pvp patch ever and that everyone would:

do more damage
    heal more
    take less damage

ZOS refused to take my words seriously, and now you guys can enjoy the result. PvP is dead.

Wait wait wait, didn't the OP just clearly state that they

do less damage
    heal less
    take more damage?
    no CP PvP PC/EU

EP Zergborn
    DC Zerg Beacon

guild master, raid leader, janitor, and only member of Zergbored
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bergzorn wrote: »
    Kadoin wrote: »

do more damage
    heal more
    take less damage

Wait wait wait, didn't the OP just clearly state that they

do less damage
    heal less
    take more damage?

Yeah but not his opponents that know better ;)
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    For solo play its definately a nerf to self sustain. For group play its going to be healthier.

BGs everyone who played the meta will shift to heavy armour and run a dps monster set. Sit in s&b, wait for ult, dump ult. Medium armour might be good might not. If everyone goes heavy, speed builds could be viable. They could also run like 4 well-fitted and benefit alot from it. Overall damage is going to be lower for medium armour builds. Wouldnt be suprised if medium builds suffer from needing to bring more recovery and less weapon damage. Light armour is still gonna be poopy on most classes.

I predict dw bleed builds becoming more relevent.

Cyrodil meta wont change much i feel.
  • soniku4ikblis
    soniku4ikblis
    ✭✭✭
    shrekt4303 wrote: »
    For solo play its definately a nerf to self sustain. For group play its going to be healthier.

BGs everyone who played the meta will shift to heavy armour and run a dps monster set. Sit in s&b, wait for ult, dump ult. Medium armour might be good might not. If everyone goes heavy, speed builds could be viable. They could also run like 4 well-fitted and benefit alot from it. Overall damage is going to be lower for medium armour builds. Wouldnt be suprised if medium builds suffer from needing to bring more recovery and less weapon damage. Light armour is still gonna be poopy on most classes.

lol no, i still see wardens running around in light armor wrecking ppl and with it being easy to toggle 630 s/w damage for burst on vamp, yeah

i was getting 6K jabs in my combo on my magplar and melting ppl this evening, pop scion ULT, tanking with jabs like a beast, so 3v1 is pretty decent, and it seems like vamp skills all nicely synergize with templar right at the moment

the youtubers are going to be super hard about the numbers here in about 2 weeks lol

I guess Reactive Armor might be the heavy armor for some to go to, and thus no one would need to run immovable pots in order to force trigger 33% dmg reduction.. and you'd get 4 seconds of that after a CC break, but i'd still rather run that set in light armor... i mean with reactive armor, if ppl try to innterupt a plar that is spamming jabs, and its an elf, that would be about 38% dmg reduction.. now all you'd have to do is figure out how to tack on minor maim, or god forbid, major maim, and you could be pretty stupid tanky for a bit, long enough to destroy some peeps in a xv1 after you destroy someone with your combo burst

but ppl will just blockheal through obvious pvp mechanics, which is why burst should be stupid on point haha

oh yeah, my heals really suck right now at 7k... i'm used to them being much higher ah well

now that i think about it, it may be time to switch over to dark elf if i'm going to play vamp in pvp and run reactive... that way i can get my magicka sustain back and have a decent stam pool.. hmmmmmm
    Edited by soniku4ikblis on May 27, 2020 10:13AM
    __._-*._._._.-*'"{Sonic Euphoric Bliss}"'*-._._._.*-_.__
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...my build was meant for survival...
    I don't see how you can say that — you're using light armor & 3 damage sets. If you want better survivability, try swapping out a damage set for a defensive one. As it stands right now, your build is almost as squishy as it can get.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most likely, nothing to do with patch. More likely it may have something to do with MMR reset?
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think that necropotence would work with a necro. Don't you get nasty stat fluctuations when the pet dies?
    You might be the first person I've seen to use Slimecraw, almost every other set would be better.
  • Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    I don't see how you can say that — you're using light armor & 3 damage sets. If you want better survivability, try swapping out a damage set for a defensive one. As it stands right now, your build is almost as squishy as it can get.

By my build I meant my slotted abilities, they all did well and were relying on healing, now that that's out of the picture.... You know what I wrote:)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised necro is having a hard time. I suppose magcro I get.

Active defenses in block, dodge, and percent damage reduction is probably the new way. Heals and armor are down. Positioning matters a lot more as you cant eat as much, and if you cant kill quickly, you probably need to get back.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭

Your build isn't correct and that's why you die. You've stacked damage and then expect to nuke people who have added a defensive set and extra health so you cant burst them and as you're squishy they can nuke you. This is then compounded further as high damage in Harrowstorm allows high healing but that is not the case in Greymoor so you can not recover like before.

You'll need to refine your build - I have builds on my channel if that helps or jump into my discord and I can help if needed - I do pvp exclusively pretty much.

Good luck!
    Edited by Unified_Gaming on May 27, 2020 11:09AM
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • DTAmoral
    DTAmoral
    ✭✭✭✭

You'll need to refine your build - I have builds on my channel if that helps or jump into my discord and I can help if needed - I do pvp exclusively pretty much.

Good luck!

Whats your discord? Im looking for a good discord to join
    Xbox NA - EP
    Team Rocket's Finest Support
    We are recruiting! Use below link for recruitment!
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/577520/team-rocket-ebonheart-pvp-guild#latest
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

By my build I meant my slotted abilities, they all did well and were relying on healing, now that that's out of the picture.... You know what I wrote:)

Well that's not what you said. If you say that you built for survival, it's implied that you're referring, at least in part, to your gear. And yes, I do know what you wrote — I quoted the relevant portion. It isn't like I was taking anything out of context or anything.

Most magblades don't build that squishy, and they're able to disappear at will. If you want to survive Leaps, Frags, or a DBOS to the face, you're gonna have to bulk up a bit.
    Edited by Langeston on May 28, 2020 4:47PM
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Solo play is very rough with the new healing while groups, which usually have an over abundance of healing, will likely be mostly unaffected by it. Shields are something that may need to be further adjusted to be inline with the healing changes as classes that rely on them for mitigating damage are significantly less effected by the healing changes than classes that rely solely on out healing damage to stay alive. Too soon to draw definitive conclusions but these would be my initial impressions.
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    No offense but thats what you get for pretending to invent your own builds who work for your "unique" playstyle just to "opppose the meta" for no other reason than opposing it. You are using a max magicka set in no cp, an outdated spell damage set that doesnt benefit some of your spells nor heals and slimecraw. Barely any synergy between them or any thought put behind them. Meta is meta for a reason = most effective tactics. Your tactics are subpar therefore your performance is subpar aswell.

Maybe you got thrown into a high mmr game all of a sudden and noticed you just can't perform with a random salad of items anymore. I do get 30-5-x something games from time to time on my magblade aswell, but I am fully aware that the only reason i got this score cause my opponents were terrible and it doesn't prove that magblade or my build is viable.

I would suggest having few more tries with a more optimized build before deciding to take a break, to see if you feel any difference.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It seems like you're relying on healing as your main defense but you're only running one set that buffs your healing.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Xargas13
    Xargas13
    ✭✭✭
    daemonor wrote: »
    No offense but thats what you get for pretending to invent your own builds who work for your "unique" playstyle just to "opppose the meta" for no other reason than opposing it. You are using a max magicka set in no cp, an outdated spell damage set that doesnt benefit some of your spells nor heals and slimecraw. Barely any synergy between them or any thought put behind them. Meta is meta for a reason = most effective tactics. Your tactics are subpar therefore your performance is subpar aswell.

Maybe you got thrown into a high mmr game all of a sudden and noticed you just can't perform with a random salad of items anymore. I do get 30-5-x something games from time to time on my magblade aswell, but I am fully aware that the only reason i got this score cause my opponents were terrible and it doesn't prove that magblade or my build is viable.

I would suggest having few more tries with a more optimized build before deciding to take a break, to see if you feel any difference.

I don't know where you get this idea "opposing meta", I read quite a few guides and nit picked what I wanted, that's from gear at least, as for abilities, I prefer to decide what fits me and how I play, been doing this in every MMO and I have to say, it's been working out well until this patch. I have no objection to people using meta, but I prefer to use what fits me, not other player. I understand that with every patch/expansion there are changes, but usually it's not that destructive, and that's what ticked me.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, IDK.

I'm looking forward to better sustain in Medium armor. Swapping 3 impen for well-fitted, I'll have more crit resist than before and 15% cheaper dodge rolls. My crits won't hit as hard as before, but building for crit in noCP isn't really optimal anyways.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cured vampire that is what kept you alive the undead passive, with that you are wearing a Kimono into battle with the sets you mentioned. Its time to get your head into gear and come up with a build that offers more. Good luck.
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Tsunahmie
    Tsunahmie
    ✭✭✭

lol no, i still see wardens running around in light armor wrecking ppl and with it being easy to toggle 630 s/w damage for burst on vamp, yeah

i was getting 6K jabs in my combo on my magplar and melting ppl this evening, pop scion ULT, tanking with jabs like a beast, so 3v1 is pretty decent, and it seems like vamp skills all nicely synergize with templar right at the moment

the youtubers are going to be super hard about the numbers here in about 2 weeks lol

I guess Reactive Armor might be the heavy armor for some to go to, and thus no one would need to run immovable pots in order to force trigger 33% dmg reduction.. and you'd get 4 seconds of that after a CC break, but i'd still rather run that set in light armor... i mean with reactive armor, if ppl try to innterupt a plar that is spamming jabs, and its an elf, that would be about 38% dmg reduction.. now all you'd have to do is figure out how to tack on minor maim, or god forbid, major maim, and you could be pretty stupid tanky for a bit, long enough to destroy some peeps in a xv1 after you destroy someone with your combo burst

but ppl will just blockheal through obvious pvp mechanics, which is why burst should be stupid on point haha

oh yeah, my heals really suck right now at 7k... i'm used to them being much higher ah well

now that i think about it, it may be time to switch over to dark elf if i'm going to play vamp in pvp and run reactive... that way i can get my magicka sustain back and have a decent stam pool.. hmmmmmm

I would be interested to know what sets you are using as rn I am struggling to come up with a build (6+ hours on the build editor website) xD
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Patch basically made the class that were already not good, more frustrating and the class what were doing better, a little bit worse.

tried my magicka dk in pvp, coagulating blood it's healing for nothing.
  • shrekt4303
    shrekt4303
    ✭✭
    Tsunahmie wrote: »

I would be interested to know what sets you are using as rn I am struggling to come up with a build (6+ hours on the build editor website) xD

New moon armour for damage. A defensive set like fortified brass and an offensive monster set. Hes playing a vamplar which covers most of vampires weaknesses and toggling frenzy to spam jabs. I recommend going for s&b if you havent already on your magicka toon. Its still the best mitigation of damage. Slot a major expedition skill you got it.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do you expect from a company that "raises the floor and lowers the ceiling" with a blanket nerf on Sustain that ends up making things harder for the players on the floor and leaves the ceiling pretty much untouched?

Of course they're going to deal with unkillable HA tank builds by nerfing heals, thereby reducing the survivability of everyone but tanks. Of course they would.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing better today than yesterday. I was running glass pretty hard expecting a damage race. In greater than 1v1 like over 2v2 plus, you just cant win the race without a defensive plan. Got an ability, a defensive set and added heals