The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

absolute crap queues

Tsunahmie
Tsunahmie
✭✭✭
Queued 4 battlegrounds and ragequit last one! WHY?

Game one:
3 v4 v4
my team was 3 and 1 of them afk from start

game 2:

3v2v4I was in the group with 3 members. group with 4 farmed at respawn

game 3:

4v2v1 easy win and 0 fun

game 4:
3v4 v4
both my teammates left at start leaving me solo in capture the relic. I got 1 score SOLO and then got farmed on respawn. I quit this game 5 minutes before end to come here and vent

ZOS BRING BACK GROUP QUEUE OR FIX MMR + SOLO QUEUE! Battlegrounds are the last "lag free" place for us to pvp and even watching streamers get these bull groups and quit after 3 of those in a row sais there is something wrong.

Don't want to get banned so not gonna start swearing. OH also got hate /tells in the first game :) reported and want to see that guy banned pls :p ]

ZOS you are ruining MY / OUR PvP experiences and I am not sure I will stick around if greymoor sucks as much as it looks.

on another note: Give magplar a skill so that we don't have to rely on mistform for the love of god. I don't want to go vampire just so I can survive in pvp! fix your damn classes

Sincerely, a disgruntled and fed up CUSTOMER.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    No offence but the moment you mentioned magplar needing more things I laughed really hard.

Other than that, yeah we need group ques back.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hopefully the multithread support being rolled out tomorrow will help with a lot of issue's
  • Kidgangster101
    Kidgangster101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No offence but the moment you mentioned magplar needing more things I laughed really hard.

Magplar is going down a lot without mist form and undeath. It has no skill that has mobility (topple charge doesn't count because it doesn't work 90% of the time unless it's a dead campaign).

Just watch lots of magplars won't be able to survive long at all without those.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magplar is going down a lot without mist form and undeath. It has no skill that has mobility (topple charge doesn't count because it doesn't work 90% of the time unless it's a dead campaign).

That's really no different than any other non-Sorcerer Magicka class; your only options for mobility are Mist Form or Race Against Time. For pure mobility, RAT definitely wins, since being able to sprint with the Major Expedition makes a huge difference. Mist Form has some advantages too I suppose, since - assuming you're quick enough and not lagging - you can use it to soak damage from an incoming Meteor, Leap, etc...without draining your Stamina. If in Stage 2 or above it'll also provide some extra spell damage when canceling the channel.

The question then becomes, is Mist Form + the Vampirism drawbacks worth it over RAT? For a Templar, I'm not so sure. You wouldn't really use any of the skills other than Mist Form, and at Stage 2 you'd pay for that ability with +10% incoming fire damage, +10% cost increase on all other skills (including Ultimates), -40% health recovery, and +20% incoming damage from Dawnbreaker (which is terrible, given how Stam is already so dominant). For a Magicka Necromancer, who lacks a worthwhile offensive CC, I think the case for Vampirism is a bit stronger.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Magplars suck now if you ask me. So I don't disagree with the OP.

There may be a specific build out there that works well. But generally speaking, they're just awful. The mitigation and healing nerfs have rendered them pathetic. It's so bad I think I may be retiring mine from PvP all together. They die so fast it's comical even. So I guess they're good for some laughs. But other than that, I don't recommend them.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 30, 2020 3:37PM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Unless you are in mistform or have the Vampire ultimate going (which I recommend all Templars pick up, because it really is the only way to fight back and stay alive (lol)... you're a dead man walking. So I don't disagree with you.
    Edited by Jeremy on May 30, 2020 3:34PM
  • Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    yup, or you get queued with people who are only there for their daily xp bonus and dont have any intention of actually contributing... so much fun, "carry me pls" they say "here for my daily" they say... Yep, so glad I can't play with my guildies... Oh wait, what guildies, they all quit because of this...