The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Simmering Frenzy - Feedback.

kingsforged
kingsforged
✭✭✭
The HP cost and increase of cost on this ability is way, WAY, WAAAYYYYYYY too high. 10% increase would make this viable with careful management, but 20% is just ridiculous unless you build like a tank, which entirely defeats the purpose in PVE...

As it is, with the self-healing only AND HP recovery nerf stacked on top, this ability is just as, or even more likely to kill you than aid you. At the VERY least, you could add an auto toggle off when you hit a low HP threshold as the toggle itself coupled with server lag makes it VERY unreliable with toggling on and off.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you able to cast Simmering Frenzy from stealth without it breaking sneak?
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Are you able to cast Simmering Frenzy from stealth without it breaking sneak?

Haven't tried, will test it and get back to you. I know you can toggle it off through CC locks though. I don't have it on nightblade to test their stealth, but can try crouch and invis potion.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First off, yeah you can cast Frenzy in stealth without being pulled out of it.

Secondly, there's something weird with GCDs and this skill. It's supposed to be off the GCD but it's not exactly. Assume that Skill is any other skill on your bar that complies to the standard 1 sec GCD. And that the arrow -> implies immediate activation, as fast as your fingers allow.
    1. Frenzy (on) -> Skill = works
    2. Frenzy (off) -> Skill = works
    3. Skill -> Frenzy (on) = works
    4. Skill -> Frenzy (off) = does not work

By doesn't work I mean that Frenzy stays on. The skill on your bar kinda becomes lighter in colour when you press it indicating the game has acknowledged your input but rejected it, so Frenzy doesn't toggle off. You have to wait a GCD from the last Skill press before you can toggle it off. The deactivation is affected by the GCD, while the activation isn't.

So what that means in practice is that if you're a PvP sniper doing a Snipe-LA-Shards combo and you want to add Frenzy to that without killing yourself then you'd do: Frenzy(on)->Snipe-LA-Shards->Frenzy(off).
    However you have to wait a full 1 second from the moment you activate Shards till you can switch Frenzy off. So you end up taking more self-inflicted HP damage than you'd want to. That also limits its use options in PvE.

Finally, on OPs point I don't think this skill is really intended to be kept toggled on for more than a few shorts secs. That's my view of it, at least. Because otherwise they'd have a morph where neither the damage nor the HP drain were increasing every second. Then you could keep it on for long periods, so long as you had incoming self heals. As it is now, by 5th tick you're already losing 1/4 of your HP per tick. So you definitely don't want it on for more than 3-4 secs.

Edited by Maulkin on May 31, 2020 11:01AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Finally, on OPs point I don't think this skill is really intended to be kept toggled on for more than a few shorts secs. That's my view of it, at least. Because otherwise they'd have a morph where neither the damage nor the HP drain were increasing every second. Then you could keep it on for long periods, so long as you had incoming self heals. As it is now, by 5th tick you're already losing 1/4 of your HP per tick. So you definitely don't want it on for more than 3-4 secs.

This is my point though, you're not really gaining anything from using this morph because it kills you too quickly if you bother to try going for the higher damage output. The HP cost increase is too high to make it worth using, if you get to that 4/5th tick and you get a lag spike or similar (which happens ALL the damn time...) you're dead. I don't mind seeing a reduction in the power gained, but the health cost needs to be reduced. 10% HP cost increase with 5% power increase would be acceptable, although I'd obviously prefer the 10% power.

Yeah also noticed the dodgy toggle issue, but wasn't sure if it was just server related.
  • xryanvb16_ESO
    xryanvb16_ESO
    ✭✭
    The ultimate gives you 10k hp so every vampire can have high hp for at least a bit. I'd like to see the hp cost reduced but I do understand that the design is on purpose so that you are only using it for a short a time. Using it conjunction with the ult for instance. I think changing the design from a toggle to a duration might be better honestly, especially with the way the servers are right now.
    Edited by xryanvb16_ESO on May 31, 2020 1:47PM