Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Crown Crates?

DreamsUnderStars
DreamsUnderStars
✭✭✭✭✭
Next week sometime (June)? Or later on? I am curious to see what gets stuffed in them this time.
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, same. This last season was relatively garbo - I'm waiting for something good.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd guess soon. The Nightfall Preview crate was supposed to come with the collector's edition of Greymoor, so we should get Nightfall probably next month.

Some of the items have been datamined:
    https://elderscrolls.net/2020/04/20/33011-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-6-0-0/
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon they'll be announced in the June Showcase. They are meant to thematically complement Greymoor, so it'll be after console had its release.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to wishfully hope it will be Wild Hunt.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd guess soon. The Nightfall Preview crate was supposed to come with the collector's edition of Greymoor, so we should get Nightfall probably next month.

https://elderscrolls.net/2020/04/20/33011-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-obnovlenie-6-0-0/

Those mounts are horrifically neat. I like the one with the glowy vein-things.

And I *really* like the seafarer's hairsty;le. Def getting that.
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If we go by previous year it should be aroud june 20th
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those mounts are horrifically neat. I like the one with the glowy vein-things.

And I *really* like the seafarer's hairsty;le. Def getting that.

Those are likely radiant apex rng only. If your lucky expect to drop a grand per one on RNG with no guarantee you get it.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note, but did anyone else think it was pure garbage that all the Nightfall Preview Crates from the CE gave exactly the same three drops? That's not a crate. Crates involve chance, some level of RNG, surprises, whatever. If they were going to do that, just tell people they get those three things with the Greymoor CE.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Did your CE come with a separate code for the Preview Crate? I'm still waiting for mine to get in, so I never got the preorder bonuses yet.

Is this something that had a separate code, or do I need to ask support?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kiyakotari wrote: »
    Side note, but did anyone else think it was pure garbage that all the Nightfall Preview Crates from the CE gave exactly the same three drops? That's not a crate. Crates involve chance, some level of RNG, surprises, whatever. If they were going to do that, just tell people they get those three things with the Greymoor CE.

Yup, I wondered about that. I game with a group of others, all four of us opened them, got the exact same three things.

Nothing that could be exchanged for gems....which might have been the point.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't crates though, they are preview crates. They have a limited selection of stuff in them... and as far as I'm aware, they don't have any Apex mounts or stuff like that in them.
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there not even a variety of pets in this one? Is it the same pet for everyone?

Edit: Oh wow, yeah, it's a Bat and Markings for everyone. Weird.

The pet doesn't even fully match the Nightfall Apex Mounts, like previous Preview Crates.
    Edited by B0SSzombie on May 29, 2020 5:54PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They aren't crates though, they are preview crates. They have a limited selection of stuff in them... and as far as I'm aware, they don't have any Apex mounts or stuff like that in them.

Here's the thing, though. Zenimax has an established precedent now of what a "preview crate" means and what it contains. It is straight up misleading to call these "preview crates" when they do not, in fact, operate in the same way as previous preview crates.

Sadly, this kind of sketchy, misleading marketing is par for the course. When the so-called "preview crates" were originally introduced, the pets you would get can't actually drop from the crates they are supposed to be previews for. When they first did these "preview crates" Zeni were rightly called out on this. Whether or not this poor labeling was intentional deception, that you can't get the pets from the gamble crates they are previewing was just dumb. Overall, getting pets from these "preview crates" was a positive change, but the way the did it by calling them "preview crates" instead of, say, "pet crates" was just misleading. And changing what "preview crate" means yet again with the CE of Greymoor? Just... can whoever is doing marketing just use words that don't mislead your customers? You people could have called it a "collectors edition crate" for crying out loud. And it would have been positive marketing to tell people that it's like a regular gamble crate but better because it doesn't have trash in it!
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they mean their are previewing what the crate itself looks like. lol

• Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    That ancient Nord door will look great on my Forgemaster Falls workshop.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • Snipes007
    Snipes007
    ✭✭
    Crate gambling needs to go!
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Snipes007 wrote: »
    Crate gambling needs to go!

But sadly it won't. If someone needs to use 600 usd to get the mount from crate VS buying a mount for 50 usd, then it would take 12 players to buy a mount VS one person who spent as much.

You can be sure of one thing. If crown crates weren't profitable they wouldn't have them.
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like we will get new ones in 7 days. Gloomspore says "7 days left" in the shop.
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Next week the 6.0.0 datamines crates will be up. Week of July 16th we'll see the next big datamine so approximately a month. Which is what I always do as a precaution.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aptonoth wrote: »
    Next week the 6.0.0 datamines crates will be up. Week of July 16th we'll see the next big datamine so approximately a month. Which is what I always do as a precaution.

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself, @Aptonoth.

Remember that not everything that's datamined eventually makes it into the game.

Remember those CP180 mats that were datamined long ago ... ?
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember that not everything that's datamined eventually makes it into the game.

Oh I know that lots of the 6.0.0 stuff will not be in crates but spread out over the store or sometimes never added (or others). But the next big datamine has always been a month after the new crate.
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭

Still, a rule of thumb, if it's something that looks awesome its either going into the crates or its a gem exclusive.
  • JazzyNova
    JazzyNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of all the dlc npc hairstyles that are in the game... surely they'd release more than this hairstyle, c'mon, please Zos! aw_crwn_hair_seafarerscrowningtrim_ivt_10677_1x1.jpg
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Of all the dlc npc hairstyles that are in the game... surely they'd release more than this hairstyle, c'mon, please Zos! aw_crwn_hair_seafarerscrowningtrim_ivt_10677_1x1.jpg
    I agree here.

All of those "dlc npc hairstyles" are actually just "npc hairstyles" - most never saw the light of DLC in the first place. Which is problematic, since I have characters who could really use the Short Mussed Wave (Adjunct Daro, Nicolas, Chef Donolon) and Unruly Bangs (Adonatus Varian, Svana, Piet) styles. And I know people have been begging for that unnamed style that Veya/Velsa/Rolis Hlaalu have for ages.

Plus the styles that have been out of the store forever as well like the Heroic Poet (Breda, Quen, Elnaia)
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woot! Nightfall crates tomorrow!