The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Good Stam class

aaron_campion
aaron_campion
✭✭✭
Hello. I want to start a new character. It would be my first stam character. Which class should i pick. Ive already done all classes as mag

I want the character to maybe be a tank and do okay dps wise solo.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello. I want to start a new character. It would be my first stam character. Which class should i pick. Ive already done all classes as mag

I want the character to maybe be a tank and do okay dps wise solo.

After having raised to lvl50 some ten toons I'm now levelling an orc stam templar, and she's amazing (my main is a magplar). I also have a stam DK as a tank, definitely good (as a build, I mean)
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A stamina DPS character will mostly be using weapon skills, rather than class ones, so it won't matter much. The non-weapon skills will likely include Vigor and Caltrops from Alliance, and Dawnbreaker as an Ultimate from Fighter Guild.

Most of the class skills in the game are Magicka ones, so class is more important to that kind of build.

Tanking and DPS seem to be opposite directions, because balancing PvP prevents resisting and dealing damage on the same character. However, you can certainly build a character that can do either one with just an equipment swap, but choosing sets appropriately. If you're going to do that, don't neglect your bag space!
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd say Dragonknight and Warden, maybe Necro too. But DK is definitely the best tank class.
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    StamDK if you want to build a tank. If you are more DPS oriented, I'd say stamnecro or stamplar. Though, I have seen some pretty effective stamnecro tanks
  • KiteoHatto
    KiteoHatto
    Soul Shriven
    Why is nobody mentioning stam sorc ? Just out of curiousity.
  • Eedat
    Eedat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KiteoHatto wrote: »
    Why is nobody mentioning stam sorc ? Just out of curiousity.

because they suck