The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO+, Greymoor displays as purchased but locked in unplayable loop *update: answered*

Xronosabre
Xronosabre
Soul Shriven
Hello, I have a 2 part question/problem.
1) I am still confused as to which specific dlc content is part of ESO+. It seemed straightforward but complications in-game have caused new confusion.
2) The confusion to part 1 is caused by my problem with the new Greymoor dlc. My in-game UI displays greymoor as purchased within the crown store. However, when I attempt to travel to the Solitude wayshrine, the game prompts me to upgrade in order to do so. I did not outright purchased Greymoor separately yet it says purchased, therefore it would appear it is included in ESO+. This loops me back to the crown store where it displays Greymoor as purchased again yet then an attempt to travel back to solitude yields the same prompt to upgrade.

It is completely locked to this loop as I am now unable to play or re-purchase if necessary. This is also why I am confused as to what is included with ESO+ as the information provided of dlc inclusion contradicts my predicament having Greymoor purchased but unable to play or repurchase.

I thank anyone in advance that can provide a solution.
Edited by Xronosabre on May 28, 2020 11:57PM
  • RT01100111
    RT01100111
    ✭✭✭
    Do you see any error messages? Y/N
    If yes, please try to enter or screen shot any error messages to this thread.
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    What you are seeing is a bug left over from the issue that allowed everyone into Greymoor regardless of whether you bought it or not. Greymoor is defined as a chapter, not a DLC and is not included in ESO+. To actually purchase the chapter, you have to use the Elder Scrolls Online website, or another retailer. You can't buy chapters in the crown store because the must be purchased with real money and not crowns.
  • silent88b14_ESO
    silent88b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    RT01100111 wrote: »
    Do you see any error messages? Y/N
    If yes, please try to enter or screen shot any error messages to this thread.

Same error message I'm getting, as the OP quoted. No need to elevate the barriers to people already frustrated.
    Behold the great Oak. Just a little nut who stood his ground.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    We are still looking into issues with some players unable to access Greymoor. For players who own Greymoor and still cannot access Skyrim, please open a ticket with customer support. Please be aware that ESO Plus membership does not grant you access to The Elder Scroll Online: Greymoor content.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Xronosabre
    Xronosabre
    Soul Shriven
    What you are seeing is a bug left over from the issue that allowed everyone into Greymoor regardless of whether you bought it or not. Greymoor is defined as a chapter, not a DLC and is not included in ESO+. To actually purchase the chapter, you have to use the Elder Scrolls Online website, or another retailer. You can't buy chapters in the crown store because the must be purchased with real money and not crowns.

Thank you so very much blendertoes for clearing this up as well as ZOS_BillE for the response, this clears everything up.

RT01100111 solution then being ignore bugged display text and either purchase via ESO website or continue further if necessart with customer support.

As OP I consider this post answered and it may be marked as such and closed, thank you.