The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC/Mac Login/Connectivity/Access Issues - May 26 [Updated June 1]

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hi all,

We updated the main post again today, with the latest status update for the four issues we were tracking in this thread.

@sad.jokerb16_ESO @SniperDaria and @Maruchim may we get your UserID so we can investigate for you?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, my user ID is @SniperDaria
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom It may be related to what you guts are working on in granting access but I think you granted me access to Skyrim. Today on lunch; I decided to log in and got cinematic for Skyrim for the first time. I was able to port there. I immediately ported out to avoid some potential issues. I had preordered, but requested and was granted a refund when performance was bad in update 25. My account is same as my forum

Just providing what info I can so you guys can move through issues as quickly as possible. Maybe get to that performance issue quicker; yes?
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to bring this up but ...

The desynch issues on EU server are terrible.

2-3 seconds to mount, abilities not firing off, jabs not hitting a thing, light and heavy attacks not firing. Hits not landing.

Particularly at Harrowstorms.

Jinkies.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    JD2013 wrote: »

2-3 seconds to mount, abilities not firing off, jabs not hitting a thing, light and heavy attacks not firing. Hits not landing.

Jinkies.

Thanks @JD2013 (love the Scooby Doo reference ;) ) This sounds to be related to the new issue the team is currently looking into that we described as "high ping" in the updated post. We are seeing it manifest as what you're describing.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, my user ID is @SniperDaria
    Thank you! Sending you a private message to get a bit more info.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • k3nny02
    k3nny02
    Soul Shriven

Jinkies.

Thanks @JD2013 (love the Scooby Doo reference ;) ) This sounds to be related to the new issue the team is currently looking into that we described as "high ping" in the updated post. We are seeing it manifest as what you're describing.

can confirm the massive desynch problems, the game ist just plainly not playable in its current state :/ every action is delayed by at least 3 seconds, often far more. Would love to get into this beautiful game, but currently there is just no fun and use to it :( i hope for a very quick and longterm solution to this so that everyone can enjoy it again
  • Maruchim
    Maruchim
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

We updated the main post again today, with the latest status update for the four issues we were tracking in this thread.

@sad.jokerb16_ESO @SniperDaria and @Maruchim may we get your UserID so we can investigate for you?

ty ! my id is @Maruchim, same than here
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Maruchim wrote: »
    ty ! my id is @Maruchim, same than here

Thanks! Sending you a message.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Thavie
    Thavie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,

I might be one of those edge cases, no access or CE items yet :(
    "We grew under a bad sun"
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jinkies.

Thank you so much Jess! Really appreciate it!
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Svartulv
    Svartulv
    ✭✭✭
    Also having high and unstable ping on the EU server, the game is sometimes unplayable. Most of the time it is somewhat around 300-400, spiking up to 600-800 and sometimes even something like several seconds.
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi
    • [/b]
    • . [ Please note that we are also investigating a separate high ping issue in some zones that appeared after Update 26 launched on both PC-NA and PC-EU.]

Auridon is especially bad.

Typically, i averaged 55-125 'ping' in that zone (PC-NA server) . Since Update 26, i'm averaging 300-999+ (seems to SPIKE back & forth at random) .

Ironically, for me at least, Cyrodiil zone has been smooth as silk ( low ping, no lag ) . /shrug

Edited by NeeScrolls on May 28, 2020 7:15PM
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup. I can't log in at all either still.
  • SniperDaria
    SniperDaria
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was entirely my Mistake.. I thought I had purchased it for myself when I purchased it for my wife, but it turns out I actually never bought the chapter for myself. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Shartenn
    Shartenn
    Soul Shriven
    still having the issues, high ping bad lag
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Its pretty bad in almost every overland-zone on PC NA connecting from Colorado. It is much less noticeable in public dungeons (at least ones not a part of Greymoor).
    In many cases my ping will be registering between 100 and 200 but the actual delay of actions/updates is much longer than that. I also have been getting ping spikes going anywhere from 300 to 800ish ms.
    The heavy delays regardless of ping # seem more prevalent if there are multiple players around (dolmens/world boss etc)
  • Stirvik
    Stirvik
    ✭✭
    Still having Login issues G.M.T 21.30 'login server times out after about 15 seconds'
  • Djiku
    Djiku
    ✭✭✭✭

Jinkies.

What JD2013 describes is nothing new. Those are the things that you acknowleged Months ago and wanted to fix, remember? You always pointed out that the fix for these problems was your top priority. The only new thing is Harrowstorms.
    Nothing has been fixed for over 3 Months now and as it appears it's getting worse.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jinkies.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom This has been happening to PC/NA as well: lag is upwards of 300ms today in overland zones, even in housing instances. I've noticed this since morning EST.
  • Hexi
    Hexi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Between 12h meintenances and lag, your game has been unplayable for 3 days now. How about you *** stop "investigating" and actually DO something because it's CLEARLY a server load issue, even an idiot can see that.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is still lagging extremely bad. Not just bad FPS... weird delays on everything.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The lag we experience for months in Cyrodiil has now arrived in the pve zones.

We had input delay, skill lag, "dancing" npc (running back and forth, not dealing damage etc.) in veteran dragon star arena. Just as we know it from Cyrodiil. The same issues in many zones all around Tamriel, often combined with high ping.

At times the game is unplayable. This needs to be fixed.

PC/EU.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi all,

Just to update, we're currently tracking a few separate but similar-sounding login/connectivity/access issues that surfaced today on the PC/Mac servers and have been mentioned across various discussions. We wanted to give you a summary and the latest status of each, all in one place.
    • Players on our PC-EU server are currently experiencing issues logging into the game, getting disconnected at server select (or earlier). [Update: This is now resolved and we are monitoring.]
    • Players who contacted our Support team for help due to not getting their physical CE delivered in time: We will be granting access to those who submitted the form in this Support article as soon as we are able. [Update: These grants are ongoing daily. We have completed two batches so far. Players will receive an email notifying them when their request is complete.]
    • Some players who purchased the Greymoor Chapter are unable to access the Western Skyrim and Blackreach zones. [Update: The bulk of this work is complete. We are now monitoring and handling the remaining edge-cases as they come in. Please contact Support if you have purchased the Greymoor Chapter and are still unable to access the zone/content.]
    • We have also been seeing reports of long load screens and timing out during zoning on PC-NA. [Update: The work on this is complete and we are continuing to monitor. Please note that we are also investigating a separate high ping issue in some zones that appeared after Update 26 launched on both PC-NA and PC-EU.]
    With all of these, we'll do our best to keep you updated in the various forum threads and across our other official channels. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I am also experiencing the delayed actions, but I wouldn't say my ping is especially high. Ping is spikey, but mostly sub-100. Issues include about a half-second delay for almost all actions in most zones - particularly mounting, and harvesting a crafting node. Standard mob fights (overland stuff) has the same issue. An example would be Glenumbra at The Wolf's Camp boss. Several seconds delay there with all skills, bar swapping, and dodge-rolling.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly those issues aren't new, but happening for months in Cyrodiil:

- it takes up to several seconds to mount
    - skills take more time than they should to cast
    - even after casting it takes time until the skill actually casts
    - npc behave irregularly, like running back and forth, not attacking, instead of going towards their target and attacking it
    - skills often don't cast at all or you have to push the button 3, 4, 5 times until something is happening
    - "desync" issues, like dots hitting all at once or enemies shown at some place, while actually being somewhere else (you can see this because you can't hit them with melee skills, for example)

Those issues are not new.

It's only new, that this increasingly happens in pve zones and isn't bound mostly to Cyrodiil anymore, so a larger player base is affected. The issues are the same, it's the same behavior, although Cyrodiil is still hit harder. While pve zones currently get in a state where npc enemy behavior is completely broken and using skills feels like chewing gum and you have desync issues, skills mostly fire in the end, which is a lot more than what happens in pvp zones.

I hope whatever your investigation finds out will help with the situation in Cyrodiil, too.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • FireSoul
    FireSoul
    Soul Shriven
    I was in Auridon with my Main character, spotted a Dolmen and figured "eh why not.."

.. well, the experience from this fight was just like a fight in Cyrodiil: Dizzying Swing would wind up and then take 5 seconds+ to hit, sometimes more. My ping time was < 200ms, but the actual lag was multi-seconds.

Even picking up from a resource node has similar delays. I use the CP-based passive to speed up resource node gathering, and the animation to pick up from it repeated maybe 3 or 4 times before pickup completed. (usually it's 1)

It's barely playable, and I do mean with extreme patience and understanding that nothing will be responsive. It's likely considered "unplayable" by many.
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Quote*

Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom I am also experiencing the delayed actions, but I wouldn't say my ping is especially high. Ping is spikey, but mostly sub-100. Issues include about a half-second delay for almost all actions in most zones - particularly mounting, and harvesting a crafting node. Standard mob fights (overland stuff) has the same issue. An example would be Glenumbra at The Wolf's Camp boss. Several seconds delay there with all skills, bar swapping, and dodge-rolling.

*End=QUOTE*

Same happening to me last night and this afternoon in Auridon. Mounting a senche mount happens in two steps with about 3 seconds between steps.

One thing I have never seen before - going through a door goes to a black screen, then I appear on the original side of the door briefly - then I appear on the side I was going to.

We have two computers. This happens on both the old computer and the new one.

Edit: This is on PC NA
    Edited by MageCatF4F on May 29, 2020 12:01AM
  • NeeScrolls
    NeeScrolls
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks! .

Potential relief is on the way:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529931/pc-na-eu-maintenance-5-29-20-2am-edt

.../fingers-crossed ESO!! B)
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »

Thanks! .

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/529931/pc-na-eu-maintenance-5-29-20-2am-edt

Have we ever had so many consecutive days of maintenance after a major update before?
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeeScrolls wrote: »

Thanks! .

Have we ever had so many consecutive days of maintenance after a major update before?

Its when the maintenance stop, yet issues persist that concern me more.
This discussion has been closed.