The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Greymoor Key for Beth Launcher But Play On Steam??

xtLanc3r
xtLanc3r
Soul Shriven
Hiya dudes! I had a question.. I bought a Greymoor key a few hours ago and didn't realize at the time of purchase that it wasn't for Steam, but instead it was for the ESO/Bethesda Launcher. The last time I played ESO through the launcher was literally during closed beta, and a few months after launch so that shows up in my "Account" options, as well as my ps4 version, and my steam version. I've recently gotten back into ESO and loved the last last DLC but decided to play through Steam. So I guess my question is: if I redeemed my key through the Bethesda website will I still be able to play over Steam and have everything I previously bought such as mounts, DLC, styles, ect...? Or will I have to play the game through the launcher and start virtually over without all that stuff. I couldn't find a straight answer anywhere online. Thanks!
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @xtLanc3r as mentioned in this article, if your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • xtLanc3r
    xtLanc3r
    Soul Shriven
    Greetings @xtLanc3r as mentioned in this article, if your version of The Elder Scrolls Online was not purchased through Steam, you will not be able to link your Steam account to your existing ESO account without purchasing a new copy of the game on the Steam platform first.

Thanks alot for the reply. I actually do have my Steam, and Beth accounts linked. Does that mean it'll be good to go?
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Hello,

To be clear, ESO Accounts and Bethesda.net Accounts are separate from one another. With this in mind, you will need your version of ESO to be purchased on Steam in order to link the two accounts, play on Steam, and access your content.

For additional information and steps on how to link a Steam account and an existing ESO account, please see this article.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post