The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, how do the drop rates for Greymoor furnishings seem?

bellatrixed
bellatrixed
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm just curious, since it seems as if the drop rates for chapter furnishing patterns varies by chapter. I played for a pretty long time yesterday, loot everything in sight, and only got a dark elf and a redguard pattern. I know those are the breaks with RNG, but share your exciting finds!
ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drop rates improve if you are not looking for the items... :p
    Edited by Nestor on May 27, 2020 5:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just over one week on console and I think I have found only 2 new plans, despite opening every container I could find. I play for several hours every day, too.

Are the harrowstorms supposed to be a source for furnishing plans through the satchels that drop? Like Elsweyr? If so, then that is a huge disappointment.

The satchels themselves rarely drop for me (have done the harrowstorm daily every day since launch). Then the chances of not getting a base game plan or provisioning recipe push the odds down to near zero for zone furnishing plans.

I am hearing from others who are having the same experience.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only gotten one furniture plan drop from a HS last night actually. I know they are out there because the guild vendors are full of them at outrageous prices that I could never afford.

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do the dwarven delve in Blackreach if you want plans. I have gotten like 5 of them so far. 3 greens, 1 blue, and 1 purple.

The blue is actually hilarious story. I was doing a guild event where we do a normal trial and we were doing NSO. And I was like "Make sure you loot the backpacks and urns too guys. You might get something nice." And then right as I said that, I got a Ham furnishing design. And I was like "Yes! A blue plan I actually need" "And they were like "What'd you get?". "HAM!"

So then we all start joking about Ham. The next guild event we're going WB hunting and I get another Ham recipe and some white meat froma heavy sack. "This game just loves giving you Ham."

Finally, we're in Western Skyrim and getting all the skyshards. And I get a Solitude Breakfast: Eggs and Ham recipe.

I go out and get a ham to bake irl the next day because that had to be the universe's way of telling me to eat some Ham lol.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Scraps in Blackreach seems like it would be a great farming place due to the number of containers, but the first time I got a blue Dwarven plan I did not have (not complaining there) but nothing else. Second visit nothing other than crappy base green plans and recipes.

The place is very crowded right now, so you’re competing against a lot of other players and a lot of containers are already empty.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The place is very crowded right now, so you’re competing against a lot of other players and a lot of containers are already empty.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that containers are not shared. :confused: I'm pretty sure the number of 'empty' Urns/Wardrobes/Trunks/Backpacks/Nightstands/Dressers is assigned individually when you zone into the instance. I've been farming Urns for years and I think they are unaffected by others.

Treasure Chests, Thieves Troves, and Safeboxes are of course shared.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that containers are not shared. :confused: I'm pretty sure the number of 'empty' Urns/Wardrobes/Trunks/Backpacks/Nightstands/Dressers is assigned individually when you zone into the instance. I've been farming Urns for years and I think they are unaffected by others.

Treasure Chests, Thieves Troves, and Safeboxes are of course shared.

You're right. Containers (urns, furniture, backpacks etc) are not shared. On top of that, what you see inside a container isn't necessarily the same item another player sees.
    I remember the first time I got a purple plan in CWC, there were at least 3 more people in the same room with me. I was so excited to see that it was a purple plan, that I forgot that other players couldn't take it from me and almost got a bounty.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have opened an urn in a location and not taken it, then abruptly changed my mind, and with no other visible players in the are, the urn suddenly was empty before I could pick it up again.

I don’t believe the ”personal instance” theory anymore.

I have a video on my YouTube channel that shows this at Dreloth Tomb.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have opened an urn in a location and not taken it, then abruptly changed my mind, and with no other visible players in the are, the urn suddenly was empty before I could pick it up again.

Nah containers just kind of empty themselves a little while after you search them. No idea why, but it's been that way as long as I've played the game.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nah containers just kind of empty themselves a little while after you search them. No idea why, but it's been that way as long as I've played the game.
    Yeah. I'm also pretty sure that this is normal and was always like this, especially if you open several containers in the same area. It's probably to reduce server load, rather than keeping personal loot data for every player from hundreds of checked containers.

There might also be a timer on them that determines when the container will reset to an Empty state from the moment of opening it (regardless of whether or not you open any new ones in the instance), but it is definitely affected by opening other containers.

When I was powerleveling Legerdemain at the Daggerfall ships, you could literally see this happening live. Look inside Crates or Dressers without looting the item, then keep moving on to some other containers and as you look inside your (around 5th) new containers, the old ones across the room will magically pop their lid/drawers and change into their 'Empty' container state. :smiley: I liked to pretend that a friendly thieving poltergeist was accompanying me on my heists, and they were happily taking the stuff I left behind, lol.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, I cleared out the whole zone and everything in it, every container prodded, every npc boshed at least once (those that the game allowed you to kill anyway! Hint hint draugr hint hint)

Results as follows
    Antiques 2 found and three dropped, pretty much as expected... ps find the gold coin if you can! Holly cow!

2 charus eggs... seriously 😐 I had to buy more just to unlock the properties although given how low the drop rates are there is no way this stuff is going to go into regular potion use.

1 solitude side table and 1 cupboard

1 vampire curtain that won’t fit in anything smaller than a zeppelin hanger 😆

And that’s all folks, all the harrow storms, world bosses, dungeons, delves, quests

Even had to buy winters respite bits as the dam thing kept dropping invigorating traits!?
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    My experience with dropping vampiric or solitude furnishing plans:
    1. From Stealing - I did not have any luck from that - 0 plans /solitude or vampiric/ for 1-2 hours stealing around town and villages
    2. HS - farming 3 hours, got 8 sachels and from them 1 green and 2 blue new plans. I guess this is gonna be like farming dragons in Elswayer but way way harder.
    3. Farming Labyrinthian Public Dungeon /it has not many urns/- the first time i went there doing quest line I got 1 green and 1 blue new plans. 2n, 3rd, 4th time .... nothing. I guess first-timer luck always counts.
    4. Farming Nchuthnkarst Public Dungeon - the heaven of urns. Every time i go there i usually get 1 dwelmer motifs and a cheap purple old plan. Also found 3 blue dwarven plans, 1 green solitude, 1 blue vampiric. Out of 5-6 runs no luck with purple dwarven or new plan.
    Drop rate for me is normal - as it always been everywhere. No pain no gain.
    I am looking this from the bright side, since Greymoor the purple dwarven plans listings on traders are increasing everyday. More listings make price go down. It will be easer to farm gold and buy from trader than farm and drop the plans on my own.
    Edited by ermenaa on June 22, 2020 8:57AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not really been keeping track, exactly.

Think I got a couple in the first day, or so; nothing since.

Not even trying to get any, with any conviction and am hardly playing the area, anyway.

What I have done is buy a few plans I needed to make a lot of the furnishings from and any plans that I liked and that seemed (relatively!) OK priced.

I have then bought the furnishings themselves, in the case of any I don't need too many of and/or if the plan is very expensive.

No point in trying to get them while the droprate is super-low...

Might as well do something else to make gold and then buy what you need.
    Edited by Tigerseye on June 22, 2020 10:16PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah. I'm also pretty sure that this is normal and was always like this, especially if you open several containers in the same area. It's probably to reduce server load, rather than keeping personal loot data for every player from hundreds of checked containers.

There might also be a timer on them that determines when the container will reset to an Empty state from the moment of opening it (regardless of whether or not you open any new ones in the instance), but it is definitely affected by opening other containers.

When I was powerleveling Legerdemain at the Daggerfall ships, you could literally see this happening live. Look inside Crates or Dressers without looting the item, then keep moving on to some other containers and as you look inside your (around 5th) new containers, the old ones across the room will magically pop their lid/drawers and change into their 'Empty' container state. :smiley: I liked to pretend that a friendly thieving poltergeist was accompanying me on my heists, and they were happily taking the stuff I left behind, lol.

A simpler explanation is that other players that are not in your instance are farming them.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A simpler explanation is that other players that are not in your instance are farming them.
    Other instances can't interact with yours. So simpler? Maybe. But wrong. Try it, really, if you don't believe me :smile:

Take 2 friends with you, or even just one into an instance with you. Have them take a look and point out which containers are marked 'Empty' for them from the start. They will be different. You can have a person see all Empty containers while others are looting them afterwards. Then have all 3 of you look inside a same on-empty container and tell each other what's inside. The contents of the container will be different for each of you.
    Edited by bluebird on June 23, 2020 8:10AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Other instances can't interact with yours. So simpler? Maybe. But wrong. Try it, really, if you don't believe me :smile:

Take 2 friends with you, or even just one into an instance with you. Have them take a look and point out which containers are marked 'Empty' for them from the start. They will be different. You can have a person see all Empty containers while others are looting them afterwards. Then have all 3 of you look inside a same on-empty container and tell each other what's inside. The contents of the container will be different for each of you.

You might each see different things, but I bet as soon as one of you takes what’s in there, the others will see the container as empty. They may be instanced, but they could also be shared. Like nodes, a player with rank 1 in ore will see iron but my character with rank 10 sees rubedite. When someone else farms a node, it vanishes for me.

I don’t really have any people left on my friends list that play at the same time as I do try it out.

I do see other players in my instance interact with containers and I see them as empty afterward as well.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You might each see different things, but I bet as soon as one of you takes what’s in there, the others will see the container as empty. They may be instanced, but they could also be shared. Like nodes, a player with rank 1 in ore will see iron but my character with rank 10 sees rubedite. When someone else farms a node, it vanishes for me.

I don’t really have any people left on my friends list that play at the same time as I do try it out.
    I do see other players in my instance interact with containers and I see them as empty afterward as well.
    You don't have to bet. I'm telling you. It's a fact. :lol: There's no point in guess-work when everything is well-documented, not sure how else to tell you. Containers like Urns, Dressers, Backpacks, Wardrobes, etc. are not shared. They are permanent fixtures in the world that are always there, and their Empty/non-Empty status and their loot are allocated randomly for each player on an individual basis.

Crafting nodes, Treasure Chests, Thieves Troves, Safeboxes and Heavy Sacks in the world are shared, they can be looted by any player, they are competitive. Unlike containers, they aren't permanent fixtures in the world but spawn randomly and may not always be there. They are a completely different type of loot system.

Which server do you play on? Cause you really should have taken all our word for it when we're telling you how it works, but I volunteer to make a char on your server and try it out if you still don't believe it. :smiley:
  • Sorries
    Sorries
    ✭✭✭
    I did multiple runs through farming areas and only found one purple solitude plan and one purple vampire one. I haven't even found all greens yet.
    GM Tamriel Homes - PC EU
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not good. I've found NONE. At all. Anywhere.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You don't have to bet. I'm telling you. It's a fact. :lol: There's no point in guess-work when everything is well-documented, not sure how else to tell you. Containers like Urns, Dressers, Backpacks, Wardrobes, etc. are not shared. They are permanent fixtures in the world that are always there, and their Empty/non-Empty status and their loot are allocated randomly for each player on an individual basis.

Crafting nodes, Treasure Chests, Thieves Troves, Safeboxes and Heavy Sacks in the world are shared, they can be looted by any player, they are competitive. Unlike containers, they aren't permanent fixtures in the world but spawn randomly and may not always be there. They are a completely different type of loot system.

Which server do you play on? Cause you really should have taken all our word for it when we're telling you how it works, but I volunteer to make a char on your server and try it out if you still don't believe it. :smiley:

Where is this info documented?

I have trouble believing things found on forums when my observations indicate otherwise.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• RadagastThePink
    RadagastThePink
    ✭✭✭
    Bluebird is correct. Urns, containers, backpacks and etc. in public areas are not shared. Others can’t steal the contents of a Dwarven urn, for example, in a delve from you and vice versa.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Where is this info documented?

I have trouble believing things found on forums when my observations indicate otherwise.
    Observation: You left loot in an Urn, but when you changed your mind and went back to it, it was empty.
    Jumping to a conclusion: Another player must have taken it!
    --> What actually happened: The game empties all containers if you leave more than 5 in progress.

It's always been this way. I don't know why you hang on to your own speculation, instead of believing what several people confirm. Why would we lie to you? Lol. What you observed has a very simple explanation, what we told you.

But here, I made this video for you. Hope it clears it up. :smile:
    https://youtu.be/v_cJXF577jg
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That could be the correct explanation, but it seems like there are some assumptions being made. How did you come up with the magic number of five containers?

Can you explain how I could possible log on, fast travel straight to a nameless particular farming location with urns, and every single one of them be empty for me?

I have had that happen, usually later I think the day when there would be more players online.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That could be the correct explanation, but it seems like there are some assumptions being made. How did you come up with the magic number of five containers?
    Bluebird got to the "magic" number of 5 by counting.

There is no assumption, there is a video showing what happens.
    Can you explain how I could possible log on, fast travel straight to a nameless particular farming location with urns, and every single one of them be empty for me?

I have had that happen, usually later I think the day when there would be more players online.

Go to the dwemer public dungeon in Blackreach and TRY to loot every container you find. If you do loot every urn on the way, by the time you get to the Haj Mota room I can guarantee that all the urns will be empty for you.
    That's because the game limits how many containers you can loot in a certain period of time. It's also the reason why so many players "park" toons outside of profitable areas.

You can try the same experiment in Old Orsinium too - a PD in Wrothgar, but that dungeon is less linear. No matter where you start or how you do it, you'll only be able to loot so many containers.

The same principle apply if you port out of a delve/dungeon where you looted and go straight to another. Go to Vvardenfell, loot all containers in a tomb and then try doing the same on another tomb. All containers on the second tomb will be empty. IIRC the dwemer public dungeon there is affected too.

TL;DR:
    1. You can only loot so many containers at any given time,
    2. Once you loot from one area (delve, dungeon, tomb, church, what-have-you), all the other containers will appear empty for that toon for a certain period of time (no, I haven't timed it). As far as I can remember changing zones will not get containers to be full again.

On top of that there are also places where the containers are always empty, and some that once you do the quest(s) there will no longer have containers with loot.

Lootable containers are instanced. No one can take the loot from you. Not all containers in a certain area will have loot inside. Which containers have loot and which ones are empty is random.

If you're logging in after being off for a few hours and the first place you go to loot (where you know there is lootable containers) is all empty, contact support because there might be something wrong.

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    Bluebird got to the "magic" number of 5 by counting.
    There is no assumption, there is a video showing what happens.
    Lol, thank you :lol: At this point, I'm not sure they even watched the vid... the 5-container proof is right there.
    TL;DR:
    1. You can only loot so many containers at any given time,
    2. Once you loot from one area (delve, dungeon, tomb, church, what-have-you), all the other containers will appear empty for that toon for a certain period of time (no, I haven't timed it). As far as I can remember changing zones will not get containers to be full again.

On top of that there are also places where the containers are always empty, and some that once you do the quest(s) there will no longer have containers with loot.

Lootable containers are instanced. No one can take the loot from you. Not all containers in a certain area will have loot inside. Which containers have loot and which ones are empty is random.

If you're logging in after being off for a few hours and the first place you go to loot (where you know there is lootable containers) is all empty, contact support because there might be something wrong.
    All of this is correct. Very good info in case someone here didn't know yet! :smile:

Just one small addition, they should only contact Support if they always see all Empty containers after logging in. If it happens once or twice, it's just a bug, and not unheard of. Vvardenfell containers are notorious for spawning as all Empty sometimes, for no reason. It's ESO, so bugs like that happen sometimes.

Here's some more Proof
    (So I hope people can finally take our word for it instead of doubting this topic pointlessly)
    1. Containers are not shared.
    https://youtu.be/vmlaF_o1FzM
    This video shows the following events taking place:
    1. Upon zoning in, 3 people have DIFFERENT 'Empty' containers. This proves that the game assigns containers individually as Empty / not-Empty for each player.
    2. Two other players loot every container they can find, so they are all marked as 'Empty'. But I can still follow them and loot the same containers, and I will still get loot from them.
    3. Upon finding a purple Motif and LEAVING it in the Urn, the other players still can't see or take the item. One of them sees an Empty Urn (and still I have a purple Motif in it), and the other sees a green Diagram. The person can loot their green diagram from the Urn, and the Urn will still allow me to take my Motif afterwards.
    2. Containers aren't based on the instance, or the object itself - they are based on the player.
    https://youtu.be/bfph79i8Lyw
    This video shows that the game assigns Empty / not-Empty containers to the player upon zoning into an instance.
    Unless you hit your container limit, the game will re-assign Empty / not-Empty status to the containers.
    So you can loot the first 3 Urns in an instance, leave, re-enter, and the first 3 Urns will be filled with Loot again.
    If containers aren't affected by even MY OWN looting, how would they be affected by others? :lol:

3. Looting containers have a limit - after hitting this limit, all containers will be EMPTY.
    https://youtu.be/uz-_HMx9JzI
    As a built-in failsafe to prevent excessive looting, the game prevents your character from looting any more containers. This lockout is based on your character, and can't be cleared by re-entering the instance (as you can normally re-spawn containers by re-entering as I showed in the other video).

Normally, this happens due to your own actions, only when you loot many containers.
    But sometimes you will see ALL Empty containers because of a BUG.
    This bug goes back to launch. Google 'ESO Empty Urns' and you'll see several threads, some from 2014.

tl;dr So your problem has nothing to do with other players.
    Containers ARE individually assigned. Just as we told you the first time.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I can see you have done a lot of work here. I would be more inclined to watch these last videos if you didn’t seem to be taking my questioning so personally.

I would hope that you would appreciate that I have taken years of farming furnishing plans for at least one hour per day and, based on my observations, formed my own theory. Also, that I would not just throw all that out just because someone told me differently.

I’ll come back later and watch these when I feel like the hostility has cooled off. Thanks for your time.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the dwemer public dungeon in Blackreach and TRY to loot every container you find. If you do loot every urn on the way, by the time you get to the Haj Mota room I can guarantee that all the urns will be empty for you.

I can confirm that this happened to me also.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drop rate on both is somewhere between "Godawful" and "Atrocious."
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well I can see you have done a lot of work here. I would be more inclined to watch these last videos if you didn’t seem to be taking my questioning so personally.

I would hope that you would appreciate that I have taken years of farming furnishing plans for at least one hour per day and, based on my observations, formed my own theory. Also, that I would not just throw all that out just because someone told me differently.

I’ll come back later and watch these when I feel like the hostility has cooled off. Thanks for your time.
    'Hostility'? :confused: I actually went above and beyond to help you by documenting everything so we can all be on the same page. We help each other on the Forums, share good locations, and important info about how the game works. That's what all of us were doing by sharing info about how the loot system works.

All I did was call your repeated questioning 'pointless' (which is not a hostile word, just a fact) when you kept asking about the same doubts even after there was video evidence in the previous post. If you're not going to believe what the Forums say, and you're not going to watch evidence that people show you, then surely posting your doubts on the forums is pointless - as in, if no evidence is going to change your mind, what's the point? It just keeps derailing the thread at that point.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird , with all due respect to everyone involved, I decided to post not because I wanted to correct or change @katanagirl1 's mind. By the time I jumped into this thread it was very clear to me that no matter what we did or write wouldn't have made a difference to them.

I posted because it might help other players.