The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So, how do the drop rates for Greymoor furnishings seem?

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apologies for derailing the thread, I have seen that the urns stay full for several minutes until I start opening them and then they empty as you described before.

I just want to say that I am smart enough to see that I was wrong about shared instances and that I am not arrogant enough not to admit it, as suggested above.

Thanks for all the videos.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, so to take this thread back to topic a bit more.

Anyone found an area that's good for farming by logging several character? Something like the crafting area in Lilmoth? Preferable with few mobs so the low level salts can do it
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Anyone found an area that's good for farming by logging several character? Something like the crafting area in Lilmoth? Preferable with few mobs so the low level salts can do it
    I've been trying my luck with the Public Dungeons... the Dwemer one has whole corridors with no mobs in them so a lot of the early area is farmable easily on unleveled lowbies too. I've been getting less purple drops from there since Monday's patch, but I don't know if it was actually nerfed (wouldn't be the first time ZOS nerfed an area after a Chapter's launch), or if I was just extremely lucky before and now my luck has ran out :smiley: (usually took me 2-4 rooms to find a purple, even if was just a Dwemer one; now it takes 5-10 on average, and some of my chars hit the Empty Urn limit before finding any).

Regarding buildings, I tried to go back to Greymoor Keep, but it was locked after I had finished the quest... I remember there were several levels of rooms full of trunks, cabinets, etc. So if it is indeed supposed to be locked, they just cut us off from possibly the best Greymoor building ... so I haven't really found better spots than just the Urns in the PDs.

But I would also love to know, if others did! Greymoor farming is getting old very fast since HS are a pain, even with the new Wayshrines, and there is no Document lottery at the Writ voucher vendors either.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I too was disappointed to find that Greymoor Keep is inaccessible after the storyline is done. It had some farmable containers, but not a lot by any means though.

The rewards for the harrowstorm daily give me mostly blue provisioning recipes and those leniency edicts instead. I think I asked earlier if it was intended to be more like Elsweyr. I got lots of furnishing plans from there.

I have gotten exactly zero plans from stealing, too.

I just don’t bother anymore.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr also gave us a lot of lootable already made furnishings. So far, I haven't found anything in Greymoor but an ugly chaurus egg furnishing.

They really dropped the ball on this one.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    I've been trying my luck with the Public Dungeons... the Dwemer one has whole corridors with no mobs in them so a lot of the early area is farmable easily on unleveled lowbies too. I've been getting less purple drops from there since Monday's patch, but I don't know if it was actually nerfed (wouldn't be the first time ZOS nerfed an area after a Chapter's launch), or if I was just extremely lucky before and now my luck has ran out :smiley: (usually took me 2-4 rooms to find a purple, even if was just a Dwemer one; now it takes 5-10 on average, and some of my chars hit the Empty Urn limit before finding any).

Regarding buildings, I tried to go back to Greymoor Keep, but it was locked after I had finished the quest... I remember there were several levels of rooms full of trunks, cabinets, etc. So if it is indeed supposed to be locked, they just cut us off from possibly the best Greymoor building ... so I haven't really found better spots than just the Urns in the PDs.

But I would also love to know, if others did! Greymoor farming is getting old very fast since HS are a pain, even with the new Wayshrines, and there is no Document lottery at the Writ voucher vendors either.

Gonna check out the dungeon again then, thanks for a good answer.

Probably gonna look around when I have more free time and see if I can find a good spot to share.
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i found it to be poor. I have gotten 2 blues and one purple since release and have spent much time in Blackreach PD which mostly just drops tears, lockpicks and Dwarven gear and scrap.
    Edited by volkeswagon on July 6, 2020 11:32PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i found it to be poor. I have gotten 2 blues and one purple since release and have spent much time in Blackreach PD which mostly just drops tears, lockpicks and Dwarven gear and scrap.
    Hm... I may have gotten spoiled then, by being incredibly lucky in the early weeks of Graymoor. I got at least 6 purple Vampire schematics, 2 rare Dwemer schematics, dozens of Dwemer motifs, and around 10 blue Greymoor schematics. All of that's from Nchuthnkarst urns, and I also got a lot of base game blue and purple schematics of course, while farming the Greymoor ones.

I've been continuing to farm this week too, at least on 3 characters per day, but the drop rates are really bad now. I start getting 'white' schematics after getting only a blue, and some of my chars never see a purple again, even though they farm so many urns they hit the Empty urn limit.

So, perhaps I was too lucky at the start, and now my luck has ran out :lol: Or they nerfed Nchuthkarst. No idea. But yeah, I also think Greymoor drop rates are trash right now. :confused: Perhaps they will add Greymoor schematic documents to the writ vendor in next patch, or add some better Harrowstorms in the Q4 zone DLC like they did with Southern Elsweyr... because right now, it's a real pain.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One trip through the Blackreach PD to get an antiquity lead and I was lucky to get even style mats from the urns.

A lot of lockpicks and other junk were in those.

I guess I’ll be back for the runebox pieces but not eager to farm it for plans at all.

I have only gotten maybe 3 blue plans and a few greens since the update, luckily another friend of mine is doing much better and I trade him Blackreach motif pages for them and craft him furnishings. No purple plans at all.

It disappointing because I did so unbelievably well with Elsweyr furnishing plans. The only reason I bought this chapter right away was to hopefully do the same and learn lots of plans and make some gold off selling the duplicates. So much for that.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm starting to think they did indeed nerf the Dungeon, because I was getting some much needed money from selling these furnishing plans before and now I'm lucky to even get even a green Solitude furniture. They made furnishing droppings like a chore in this chapter and it's a bit exhausting... :(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haven't had any luck farming, myself. Did the Dwarven PD once, but didn't get any purple plans of any kind.

EDIT: I've gotten one green Solitude plan from a random mob/container, plus 2 blue vampire plans from the HS. Honestly, the HS aren't worth doing for me, since I rarely even get a satchel. Most of the time, it's just a green ring, a green treasure, and vile coagulant.

I've been purchasing some green and blue Solitude plans when they reach my price point. If ZOS holds true to form, we'll have furnishing documents for this chapter in the next update or two. That's when I'll start working on getting the purples. Not even bothering to look at purple plans right now.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 7, 2020 7:31PM
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I've been purchasing some green and blue Solitude plans when they reach my price point. If ZOS holds true to form, we'll have furnishing documents for this chapter in the next update or two. That's when I'll start working on getting the purples. Not even bothering to look at purple plans right now.

Hey I was wondering what you mean by "we'll have furnishing documents for this chapter in the next update"? Does that mean the drop rate will improve? Are they going to release furnishing documents in some sort of a special way?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

Hey I was wondering what you mean by "we'll have furnishing documents for this chapter in the next update"? Does that mean the drop rate will improve? Are they going to release furnishing documents in some sort of a special way?

At some point it will improve a bit, yeah.

Then, if you wait long enough, it will almost certainly improve a lot.

Also, they will probably add some Solitude/Vampiric plans to the writ vendor, going by what they normally do.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Also, they will probably add some Solitude/Vampiric plans to the writ vendor, going by what they normally do.

Thanks. I wasn't here for the game last year, so this is my first time experiencing a chapter release. It's good to hear that these poor dropping rates aren't going to last forever, because I can't imagine many people would bother to farm these otherwise. :)
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen drop rates for furnishing plans improve. What I noticed was that after the addition of envelopes to the master writ vendor, the drop rate for those plans became even worse.

The clearest example I can give you is of Clockwork City*. Because of its design, it's the zone I've farmed the most and the one where I was very consistent. Before the envelopes for CWC were added I'd get at least 2 green plans there every time I went farming. Nowadays I get lucky if I get one.

*When I started playing both Morrowind and CWC had been out for a while, and there were already envelopes for Morrowind plans.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KMarble wrote: »
    What I noticed was that after the addition of envelopes to the master writ vendor, the drop rate for those plans became even worse.

This is absolutely correct.

I used to steal purple quality Vvardenfell furnishing plans not often, but still dependably. Since they put them in writ voucher envelopes, they have become virtually nonexistent in the wild.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never seen drop rates for furnishing plans improve. What I noticed was that after the addition of envelopes to the master writ vendor, the drop rate for those plans became even worse.

The clearest example I can give you is of Clockwork City*. Because of its design, it's the zone I've farmed the most and the one where I was very consistent. Before the envelopes for CWC were added I'd get at least 2 green plans there every time I went farming. Nowadays I get lucky if I get one.

*When I started playing both Morrowind and CWC had been out for a while, and there were already envelopes for Morrowind plans.

The furnishing plans for Greymoor are already pretty difficult to find. What are they gonna do? Remove them entirely from the loot table when the envelopes come out?

Just imagine it...no way to obtain ANY furnishing plans whatsoever except through the Writ Voucher shop...ouch....

Is this a sign they're going to start adding furnishing plans to the crown store? :#
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on July 9, 2020 3:06AM
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The furnishing plans for Greymoor are already pretty difficult to find. What are they gonna do? Remove them entirely from the loot table when the envelopes come out?

Have you tried farming for plans in Murkmire? I suspect it won't be very different than that.

The problem is that envelopes only have blue and purple plans. I don't know if it's just me, but with Greymoor I've been getting more blue and purple zone related plans than green ones. If it isn't just me, we have another Murkmire in our hands.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well, I was referring to them dropping from various sources more.

Not just from containers.

For example, the Elsweyr ones became far less rare when they started dropping from dragon satchels.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    What I noticed was that after the addition of envelopes to the master writ vendor, the drop rate for those plans became even worse.

This is absolutely correct.

I used to steal purple quality Vvardenfell furnishing plans not often, but still dependably. Since they put them in writ voucher envelopes, they have become virtually nonexistent in the wild.

"In the wild" is very specific, though.

If you are stipulating "in the wild", that may be the case.

However, overall, they became more commonly available in whatever way and therefore, also, cheaper to buy from guild stores.

If you leave it too long to buy them, however, that trend can start to reverse and you can occasionally end up having to pay more for them, if you have missed a specific one, than you would have had to earlier.

I guess I'm thinking primarily as a consumer of furnishings plans, not so much as a farmer and seller.

So, any way of getting more of them quicker is better, in my book; doesn't have to be from containers.

Until I have most, or all of them, when it then becomes frustrating that I can't sell the duplicates for more...
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm starting to think they did indeed nerf the Dungeon, because I was getting some much needed money from selling these furnishing plans before and now I'm lucky to even get even a green Solitude furniture. They made furnishing droppings like a chore in this chapter and it's a bit exhausting... :(

Don't do anything in the game that feels like a chore, especially not just for gold.

You can probably make as much gold, or nearly as much gold, doing other things that don't.

Edited by Tigerseye on July 9, 2020 5:07PM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't do anything in the game that feels like a chore, especially not just for gold.

You can probably make as much gold, or nearly as much gold, doing other things that don't.

What if you’ve enjoyed farming for furnishing plans and delight in finding them yourself? Should you be able to now spend hours per day every day and get nothing?

I can understand Murkmire because there are so few containers in the area, a handful of unowned ones but only a few more justice containers, and they mostly have items to sell or launder.

Solitude itself has more containers in one house than all of Murkmire! Sadly, they are all justice containers, though.

Some of the delves have a good number of unowned containers.

It just seems there should be many more furnishing plans for sale. I saw quite a few the first few days in zone chat, but not much anymore.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you leave it too long to buy them, however, that trend can start to reverse and you can occasionally end up having to pay more for them, if you have missed a specific one, than you would have had to earlier.

I guess I'm thinking primarily as a consumer of furnishings plans, not so much as a farmer and seller.

Selling laundered items, motifs, and furnishing plans is my primary source of income, has been for years. But I also learn the first of every new plan I find on my crafter, so any duplicates are pure profit.

I have noticed that the longer plans have been available from the writ voucher lottery, the more valuable green and blue plans become. Because people invest vouchers primarily in purple quality envelopes, and as people move on to newer hunting grounds the lower quality blueprints go unfarmed and become more scarce. For example, blue quality Summerset plans are selling for around twice as much as purples in guild stores.... if you can find them at all.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Selling laundered items, motifs, and furnishing plans is my primary source of income, has been for years. But I also learn the first of every new plan I find on my crafter, so any duplicates are pure profit.

I have noticed that the longer plans have been available from the writ voucher lottery, the more valuable green and blue plans become. Because people invest vouchers primarily in purple quality envelopes, and as people move on to newer hunting grounds the lower quality blueprints go unfarmed and become more scarce. For example, blue quality Summerset plans are selling for around twice as much as purples in guild stores.... if you can find them at all.

Since I gave up farming Murkmire plans, even though I have a Khajiit main character that is perfect for all my farming needs, I have been looking to buy the Dragonfruit plan. I have checked guild traders in capital cities for months and no one has it for sale.

I think it is a green plan but I am not sure.

Other green Murkmire plans are still sometimes going for ridiculous prices.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on July 11, 2020 4:56AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For example, blue quality Summerset plans are selling for around twice as much as purples in guild stores.... if you can find them at all.

Yeah, that was precisely the example I was thinking of when I said some can go back up in price, later on.

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What if you’ve enjoyed farming for furnishing plans and delight in finding them yourself? Should you be able to now spend hours per day every day and get nothing?

I can understand Murkmire because there are so few containers in the area, a handful of unowned ones but only a few more justice containers, and they mostly have items to sell or launder.

Solitude itself has more containers in one house than all of Murkmire! Sadly, they are all justice containers, though.

Some of the delves have a good number of unowned containers.

It just seems there should be many more furnishing plans for sale. I saw quite a few the first few days in zone chat, but not much anymore.

Well, if you enjoy it, other than the droprate maybe, then it wouldn't be a chore to do it, would it?

I just meant, if someone doesn't enjoy the process, especially if they aren't getting many drops either, it would probably make more sense to do something else to make gold, rather than making themself miserable.

I agree there aren't many plans in the stores (or weren't when I last looked on PC/EU, anyway) and I'm certainly not trying to say they shouldn't put the droprate up.

I'm just saying don't torture yourself doing something (anything), if you view it as a chore.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I gave up farming Murkmire plans, even though I have a Khajiit main character that is perfect for all my farming needs, I have been looking to buy the Dragonfruit plan. I have checked guild traders in capital cities for months and no one has it for sale.

Check out the price on PC/NA.
  • KMarble
    KMarble
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as furnishing plans go, Murkmire is the most bizarre zone in the game. For some reason the drop rate for purple plans there is higher (was that way since the beginning IIRC) than that of green ones.

Adding the Murkmire envelopes to the writ vendor, instead of alleviating a problem, made it worse because there was already enough blues and purples on the market and the green ones were harder to find due to fewer people trying to farm the place*.

*And it is a terrible place to farm since there are no locations with a decent amount of lootable containers. Farming in Murkmire means crossing a map that is hard to navigate, full of enemies that camouflage well with the background, with way too few wayshrines, while doing less damage than normal or having to carry a spare set of gear, weapons and jewelry in your inventory to swap between looting a couple of containers and fighting bugs (mosquitoes and the like).
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As far as furnishing plans go, Murkmire is the most bizarre zone in the game. For some reason the drop rate for purple plans there is higher (was that way since the beginning IIRC) than that of green ones.

Adding the Murkmire envelopes to the writ vendor, instead of alleviating a problem, made it worse because there was already enough blues and purples on the market and the green ones were harder to find due to fewer people trying to farm the place*.

*And it is a terrible place to farm since there are no locations with a decent amount of lootable containers. Farming in Murkmire means crossing a map that is hard to navigate, full of enemies that camouflage well with the background, with way too few wayshrines, while doing less damage than normal or having to carry a spare set of gear, weapons and jewelry in your inventory to swap between looting a couple of containers and fighting bugs (mosquitoes and the like).

For Murkmire, I did a bunch of farming for green plans. What worked for me was this: Park a few characters in the crafting area in Lilmoth, check all containers there, then relog. Could reliably pull green recipes there when I spent enough time doing it, most chars were level 3-5. No combat or running, just a matter of how long the loading screens between characters took. This was after the blue/purple ones were made available from the master writ vendor. Managed to get all green ones, looted some and bought others.

We're definitely gonna have another Murkmire situation with Greymoor where the green plans will be far more expensive than the blue/purple ones unless ZOS does something about drop rates. Green is far more rare than blue at traders atm.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if you enjoy it, other than the droprate maybe, then it wouldn't be a chore to do it, would it?

I just meant, if someone doesn't enjoy the process, especially if they aren't getting many drops either, it would probably make more sense to do something else to make gold, rather than making themself miserable.

I agree there aren't many plans in the stores (or weren't when I last looked on PC/EU, anyway) and I'm certainly not trying to say they shouldn't put the droprate up.

I'm just saying don't torture yourself doing something (anything), if you view it as a chore.

Ah.... look....Tiger. Putting aside what Katanagirl is saying for a moment.

What I meant to say is, they made this chapter's furnishing plan gathering a complete chore compared to Elsweyr. With Elsweyr, it was much MUCH easier to get at least a few plans just by hunting dragons.

But not Greymoor. With Greymoor, it USED to be easy to get furnishing plans just by going through the Public Dungeon. After the patch? No longer.

My original comment was merely bemoaning the lack of ways you can get new furnishings in a relatively easy way like Elsweyr furnishings.

You tell me I should go and do something else, and I appreciate that you were trying to give me helpful advice, but that wasn't ultimately the point I was making. The point I was making is that they made it hard to get the new furnishing plans and it's disappointing that they did that. The price is only going to go up for them, at least until they release plans in the writ voucher shop, and that's disappointing.
    Edited by Wolf_Eye on July 11, 2020 10:18PM