The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Skills not activating is driving me nuts.

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm in battlegrounds and I have to press buttons two or three times to get skills to work. I can't combo. I can't pull of a Resto-ult. When I try to activate skills, instead of hitting the next button to attack or defend and when the skill should be activating, I have to wait and see if the skill even comes out first.

I used to hit buttons like 1,2,3. Now, I'm going 1,2,3... wait, 2 never came out... oh crap, I'm all screwed up.
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoops, wrong subforum. Unfortunately, I can't delete it.
    Edited by StarOfElyon on May 24, 2020 5:16AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Actually, you are OK on this subforum. When I was on the PTS server I still had times when my skills would not fire. Now this was early on the PTS cycle so I hope ZOS made some improvements, but I wouldn’t count on it.
  • Xebov
    Xebov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im not sure if PTS counts for the issue. After all it is a small server so i would expect some issues.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its called input delay, and ye, it making game frustrating to play
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont rly play actively anymore because of it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get used to it. It's the new performance plan. :/
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly the combat bugs have grown worse and more numerous with every patch. I have low expectations that they will fix them any time soon.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least we won't notice input delay while we're excavating and scrying for weeks until the new and returning players lose their drive to play 24/7. 1 could hope. I've already barely touched the game since Harrowstorm launch because of the crappy performance. I log in once a week, if that. If performance even hints at being the same as Harrowstorm, I simply won't bother.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on May 24, 2020 9:53PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that instance desyncs should be prioritized over input delay. Input delay is something that occasionaly happened (now it's a common thing) even before the performance patch but was manageable. But instance desyncs are new and completely game breaking making the content unclearable (e.g. insta wipe on Nahviintas even if whole party is hidden behind the statue because game is registering them in different position). I thought that this a trial/dungeon issue only, but yesterday in Cyrodiil on live I noticed spinning ballerina guards there as well. So the issue is in any instanced content (surprisingly, enemies in overland do not spin).

The even more strange thing is that you can solve desyncs by resetting the instance till you get a working one so this can't be caused by huge server load (demonstrable even on Cyrodiil case, in non-CP campaign, the guards did not spin but in below level 50 campaign did). Is it possible that some of the server machines are faulty and resetting the instance gives you the possibility to get an instance that is created on non-faulty machine? Also, one thing I noticed is that when you get instance without spinning enemies, input delay is gone as well.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on May 25, 2020 6:15AM
  • ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ne.ga.kurai_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    At least we won't notice input delay while we're excavating and scrying for weeks until the new and returning players lose their drive to play 24/7. 1 could hope. I've already barely touched the game since Harrowstorm launch because of the crappy performance. I log in once a week, if that. If performance even hints at being the same as Harrowstorm, I simply won't bother.

I can replicate complete loss of my character after exiting excavating. As recently as last night. Have to relog everytime. This game is a *** hot mess.