Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone Left Main Account, Created New Account and Playing ESO from Scratch

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I have been playing ESO since 2017, max out CP, Gear, Completed most of achievements, made hell lot of AP, Telvars, 20M Gold also created 18 Characters and excel in dungeon trials as DD, Tank and Heals. Now having a break since past 6 months, wanted to come back but it seems to be 95% of contents are piece of cake in my current setup.

I remember playing Morrowind for longer hours in 2002 then deleted whole game and started over for fun and enjoying game while leveling and doing contents.

Shall i just delete all characters, keep one main character and sell all stuff to start over or create a new account from scratch?
Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 23, 2020 6:58PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you are into collectibles, on a new account you might not be able to acquire certain ones anymore such as special mount and pet giveaways.
    If you are on PC you could switch servers and basically have to start all over but you don't have to buy the game all over.

Whether you start over or not, your experience with how to play the game will make everything easy in short order anyway though. That new-game experience only ever comes once.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on May 23, 2020 7:00PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    If you are into collectibles, on a new account you might not be able to acquire certain ones anymore such as special mount and pet giveaways.

I spent some into crowns, got rare collectibles and hardly using except few items, may be some of us learns the hard way :D
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 23, 2020 7:02PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord_Eomer wrote: »
    Shall i just delete all characters, keep one main character and sell all stuff to start over or create a new account from scratch?

You might want to consider just buying a new account and "abandoning" the old one. This way, you can always go back.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Feizao
    Feizao
    ✭✭✭
    Another end-game option is housing stuff. You'd also have resources to go crazy. I only work on house when theres nothing to do, but need subscription to increase limit (not worth imo - just to place items).
    PS4 NA lsoSO4P
    EP - Dark Elf - MagBlade Vamp
    EP - Nord - Stam/MagDk
    EP - Argonian - StamCro
    EP - Nord - StamPlar/Hybrid Healer
    AD - Khajit - StamBlade/Tank
    AD - Khajit - StormSorc/Hybrid WW
    DC - Breton - MagDen
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me.

I started Elsweyr from scratch, it's a lot of fun, it's a little more difficult.

I did not transfer gold, I did not use crafted weapons and armor, like the first time, I don't even remember the password of my original account, nor the email to which it was linked.

I'm still debating whether I want to do the same with Greymoor.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feizao wrote: »
    Another end-game option is housing stuff. You'd also have resources to go crazy. I only work on house when theres nothing to do, but need subscription to increase limit (not worth imo - just to place items).

Got lot of recipes, dummy, furniture etc. but never like housing :wink:
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Chicharron wrote: »
    Me.

I started Elsweyr from scratch, it's a lot of fun, it's a little more difficult.

I did not transfer gold, I did not use crafted weapons and armor, like the first time, I don't even remember the password of my original account, nor the email to which it was linked.

I'm still debating whether I want to do the same with Greymoor.

Difficult to stick with this option but shall consider,

I may end up transfering gold :disappointed:
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have been playing ESO since 2017, max out CP, Gear, Completed most of achievements, made hell lot of AP, Telvars, 20M Gold also created 18 Characters and excel in dungeon trials as DD, Tank and Heals. Now having a break since past 6 months, wanted to come back but it seems to be 95% of contents are piece of cake in my current setup.

Create a guild and maybe share your skills and knowledge of the game?

edit: But I expect if you start with a new account you'll get kicked mercilessly for being a 'low cp noob'. ;)
    Edited by deleted221106-002999 on May 23, 2020 7:49PM
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

You might want to consider just buying a new account and "abandoning" the old one. This way, you can always go back.

My problem is, for example:

1. If Cyrodiil vendor shows up and selling good gold jewlery then i will login and start buying it. I usually buy in bulk like 20+ and sell later

2. Greed for Events, trying to do on both accounts will make me tired

Not want to focus on two accounts as always difficult and divided :(

Good opinion to consider
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on May 23, 2020 7:55PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it seems to be 95% of contents are piece of cake

That won't change if you start "naked". At least not for story content.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Souterain wrote: »

Create a guild and maybe share your skills and knowledge of the game?

edit: But I expect if you start with a new account you'll get kicked mercilessly for being a 'low cp noob'. ;)

I managed guild in past, it sucks up your good time :smile:

but still a good option.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it seems to be 95% of contents are piece of cake

That won't change if you start "naked". At least not for story content.

HAHAH for sure, if ZOS planned to release Unarmed skill line
  • TropicsDelight
    TropicsDelight
    ✭✭✭
    If that new experience is what you are looking for what I would do is wait until Tuesday, role your new character, and move straight into Greymoor and focus on your leveling through that new content. With a new character that would be about as close to a new ESO MMORPG experience as you are going to get in ESO.

If you have never played the prologue quests leading up to Greymoor you could start a character now and focus solely on the storylines/quests that lead up to Greymoor. I just did the Windhelm Covenant quest line with Lyris and it turned out to be a lead in to Greymoor which was kind of cool at this point with that content just around the corner.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That sounds like pure masochism to me. But who am I to tell others what to do
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are two obvious choices, both of which I've done in this and other games.

One: Open a second account on the same server.

Two: Create characters on your existing account but on the other regional server.

Both options in my experience will give you a totally fresh experience and challenge. I highly recommend either option, although our motivation will be different.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭

I remember playing Morrowind for longer hours in 2002 then deleted whole game and started over for fun and enjoying game while leveling and doing contents.

Have done it. It's up to you. Nothing wrong with it... been to 810 a few times. It has its perks starting over..

Also if you do like i did when i didit you'll make someone's day... give stuff away to poepl on your friends list or go up to people at the wayshrine closest to where you like to hang out and offer to trade stuff to people no questions asked until it's all gone...

if you got 20 mil in game gold, give it away a mil or two at a time and really make someones day.... choose people who are low level, they will appreciate it the most..

Also, it help if you are on steam as you wont have to rebuy the game but the hard part will be that you will have to wait a long time before support sees your ticket and finds time to delete your acount. Of course if you try to sell your account in zone chat you'll get it banned quickly but i dont know if you do that if you'll be able to create a new one so maybe dont do that.
    Edited by thissocalledflower on May 23, 2020 8:32PM
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • mavfin
    mavfin
    ✭✭✭✭

HAHAH for sure, if ZOS planned to release Unarmed skill line

I'd play a monk/pugilist type in ESO...
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on PC NA, then create a new account on PC EU (or vice versa). If not, a new account is cheap. However, the difference between starting from scratch with an existing account to support the new one(crafting gear, sending gold, etc...) and starting fresh without a decent guild, with zero traits researched, etc is significant. You realize this when your account is at cp 100, you collect the materials and a healthy tip for a new armor set, and then the 6 trait crafter you finally found wants to argue about how you should really just wait until cp 160 to make new gear.

... anyhow, I've done it both ways, and both are fun!
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just get a new account... Who knows if you'll ever come back to that.

Or you could just wait, ZOS is updating the vMA and vDSA weapons and not updating yours. You get the chance to farm them all over again like it was new content but for "new" weapons. It's basically the same thing you wanna do lol 😂
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped servers, from pc eu to pc na. You keep any chapters you have purchased but can still effectively start again. Save yourself some money and give it a go!
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Have done it. It's up to you. Nothing wrong with it... been to 810 a few times. It has its perks starting over..

Also if you do like i did when i didit you'll make someone's day... give stuff away to poepl on your friends list or go up to people at the wayshrine closest to where you like to hang out and offer to trade stuff to people no questions asked until it's all gone...

if you got 20 mil in game gold, give it away a mil or two at a time and really make someones day.... choose people who are low level, they will appreciate it the most..

Also, it help if you are on steam as you wont have to rebuy the game but the hard part will be that you will have to wait a long time before support sees your ticket and finds time to delete your acount. Of course if you try to sell your account in zone chat you'll get it banned quickly but i dont know if you do that if you'll be able to create a new one so maybe dont do that.

Can steam delete account so can start over? do i have to purchase again DLC and chapters?
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Start a new account. That way if you have any regrets your main account is readily accessible. Not only that you can use the main account to store a lot of gear.

I did what you are discussing and leveled an alt account to almost CP 1,000. Still play at least one of the nine characters on it daily as well as playing several on my main account.

If you get maxed again then make another account.
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swapped servers, from pc eu to pc na. You keep any chapters you have purchased but can still effectively start again. Save yourself some money and give it a go!

Yep, good suggestion. Only downside for me is the higher latency on PC EU.
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    I did this, but I want to get some things first on my main. As stupid as it sounds, I’d rather just have my CP reset out of anything since it’s incredibly easy to level (IMO). I asked and they told me to play on the EU server, which isn’t much different from starting again with more lag.
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have 1. started a second account on my home server (PC NA) and 2. started over from the beginning on the EU server. The second method was actually more challenging than the first since, with two active accounts on the same server, you can transfer gold, mats, and lots of gear via in game mail to your other account. It’s tempting to do this even if you don’t initially intend to.

But when you create a character on the other server, you cannot mail anything cross-server. And since you probably don’t already have friends on the other server, you can’t get stuff that way, either. You’re really on your own.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would it not be easier to just make a new char and not spend CP? That's basically the same thing.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭

Can steam delete account so can start over? do i have to purchase again DLC and chapters?

Well you have to ask bethesda support to delete your account if you have steam... i dont know of a way to delete it from steam unless you delete your whole steam account and that takes a mandatory 30 day waiting period and of course you'd have to but the game again.

Given the covid situation you might have to wait that long for bethesda support to delete your account.

So here's the thing... if you but it on steam you own the game. when you start playing the game from steam to login you create a bethesda account that is associated with your steam login. As long as you own the account you can delete the bethesda account and start over with all of everything you purchased from steam (not skyshards obviously) but anything you bought from bethesda or with in game gold is lost forever when your bethesda account is eventually deleted. before covid it was a week to two weeks... now i wouldnt be surprised if its a month or more before support gets a round toit. But they seem to have no problem with it, eventually.

I have actually mxed out at pc eu, gone to pc na, then deleted bethesda account through support.... started over maxed out pc eu, did some on pc na, deleted account throught support and started over on pc eu... they really dont seem to mind so long as you are polite and wait patiently... dont annoy support or you will never get what you want... words to live by..
    Edited by thissocalledflower on May 24, 2020 1:44AM
    After careful consideration (and oh! so much deliberation) we have concluded that you circumstance sounds too much like a l2p issue for it to be just a mere coincidence.
  • thissocalledflower
    thissocalledflower
    ✭✭✭
    As i think about it some more i think you could delete from steam but if you did that you would only loose access to logging into your game from steam and you wouldnt get it back from steam, your bethesda account would still be active and in theory you could buy an expansion from bethesda on that account to get access to the bethesda installer.

I belive that is correct, as far as i know it. So don't do that, i don't think that is what you are looking for.
  • agentpixi
    agentpixi
    ✭✭
    I have a 1000cp+ account on ps4 and just recently started playing on pc after 5 years....
    I hate It just because i want to get right back to end game on pc but i have to farm and grind everything again.
    Kudos to you. I couldn't start over just because lol.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even bring myself to grind an alt anymore never mind starting a new account