Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Murkmire world boss Walks-Like-Thunder impossible to kill

IsharaMeradin
IsharaMeradin
✭✭✭✭
For some reason the totems that appear have a lot more health than they did previously. It takes several players to take down one totem and in the mean time more totems appear. Walks-Like-Thunder by that point is pretty much invulnerable as any damage is healed away. This change was not mentioned in any patch notes that I have seen.
PC-NA / PC-EU
ID @IsharaMeradin
Characters NA
Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
Characters NA
Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @IsharaMeradin

On which of the two mega-servers on which you play TESO does the situation occur?

Personally, I did not notice any change in battles with Walks-Like-Thunder after the Harrowstorm Update 25 patch on PC NA.

However, during the recent Murkmire event, usually there were so many player-characters participating that it was next to impossible to recognize or identify anything in particular that occurs during the course of the battle. So, most players just keep attacking the Boss until he/she/it falls over, while the Healers keep most of the other player-characters alive regardless. .....

No doubt it is a different battle when significantly fewer player-characters participate. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on March 5, 2020 1:33AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC-NA specifically.

I pretty much just get the daily login reward with my PC-EU character any more that I totally forgot about mentioning the specific server.

To give an idea...
    Before the swarms of players during the murkmire event: my Khajiit NB could use Ambush once followed by one or two light attacks to take down a single totem. This was enough for a minimum of three random non-grouped players to take down Walks-Like-Thunder.

As of today (I did not run the dailies yesterday after the v5.3.5 patch as I did not have time) the exact same combination of attacks barely put a dent in the totem's health bar.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here on PC EU, it took over 15 minutes + 6 or more players to take him down.

During the event of course the totems barely had time to show up but before the event it was fine, you could easily dispatch the totems.

The totems are now 500k health each.
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on March 5, 2020 11:34AM
    PC/EU DC
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting that this is happening specifically in Murkmire, since it also happened with vBRP final boss. Someone dun goofed.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had this been done for the event it would have been interesting, to account for the number of players.

But now that the event is over and your lucky if one other player shows up, it's impossible.

EDIT : Now that I think about it maybe that's what happened and they just forgot to revert it back?
    Edited by Saoirse_Siobhan on March 5, 2020 11:37AM
    PC/EU DC
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some reason the totems that appear have a lot more health than they did previously. It takes several players to take down one totem and in the mean time more totems appear. Walks-Like-Thunder by that point is pretty much invulnerable as any damage is healed away. This change was not mentioned in any patch notes that I have seen.

Or just dont stand in the expanding red. This is triggering the one or other version of totem. Walks-Like-Thunder is a reverse boss. Solo is the easiest way to bring him down.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to do the daily quests and cant. With multiple players its impossible. He keeps healing with the adds that have each half mil health and they keep spawning, u kill one, 10 other are there and then he starts healing.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this intended? Or is it a bug? Even when u kill all the adds he spawns another and heals, and the adds keep spawning even after u go away.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So i should just drop this daily then?
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

Or just dont stand in the expanding red. This is triggering the one or other version of totem. Walks-Like-Thunder is a reverse boss. Solo is the easiest way to bring him down.

Literally, record yourself trying to kill it. It does not work.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Unless u can have giant group of the size when the event was on, otherwise, you can forget killing it. Been on it for half hour now. Killed all the adds, they spawned again and healed him full.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this about halfway through the Murkmire event, the totems went from having ~6k health to 600k
    Edited by StopDropAndBear on March 5, 2020 10:10PM
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this about halfway through the Murkmire event, the totems went from having ~6k health to 600k
    Totems now Have a Health of 589k now.
    20200311231157-1.jpg
    Before hand it had only 7k health.
    Totem-before.png
    It also seems to spawn more totems now, but I can't 100% confirm that. But based on what I seen, it does spawn like 5 totems at once now and they only increase in number the more time passes. The highest I seen in my last run on it was around 10 totems and barely much time passes at all.
    20200311231313-1.jpg

It seems to now take around 8 people to take down the thing. So i have a suspison that ZoS buffed it so it'll require more people for the Murkmire Event to allow more folks to partake in it. But they failed to debuff him after the event concluded. It's the only reason why I can see them buffing him to such a ludicrous length.
    Nestor wrote: »
    Yes, you should. You'll never find enough people that would want to partake in the fight for murkmire as the zone is mostly normally just a ghost town. There is little to any folks in the region and trying to wrangle up 8'ish folks for 1 daily in this region will take abit to much effort for a daily.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh hope this is not intentional on a permanent basis. Can't stand that boss as it is. It's right up there with Ri-atarashi ninja cat on my list of bosses I hate to do for dailies. :D
    Edited by LadyDestiny on March 12, 2020 9:14AM
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ugh hope this is not intentional on a permanent basis. Can't stand that boss as it is. It's right up there with Ri-atarashi ninja cat on my list of bosses I hate to do for dailies. :D

Nothing is as bad as Ri’Atarashi, at least with Walks-Like-Thunder you don’t die instantly.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• depravity_influence
    I've also noticed this when the event ended. I do t even bother with this boss anymore.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, it should be addressed, if the boss cannot be killed, then it is a literal progression stopper since the death of walks-like-thunder is required for an achievement which progresses the hero of murkmire achievement and therefore, the hero of murkmire achievement cannot be earned unless walks-like-thunder is slain.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This appears to be the case on Xbox as well. Wasn't an issue at all during the event but after the update this boss is not functioning the way it was before.
  • scelesticscylla
    Still no word on this??? I used to be able to pretty much two hit totems, now I can do my whole rotation on one and it not make a single dent. Did the mechanics change? Since when did they get that much hp? @_@ why is there no word on this yet?
    @CAS1NOVA
    Main heals /tank

GUILDS
    Divine Crusade
    Real Guild Best Guild
    The Kind Kwamas
    Hard Dungeoneers
    The Four Musketeers
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Managed to do this last night only once like 6+ players were there. The entire mechanic of killing the totems as they spawn is completely useless. Now you have to have enough damage being done to prevent the healing from going to 100% every time. But still, it is horribly broken, and even with like 6 players the thing still gains 20-30% health every time during that phase.
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've given up on trying to kill the totems and now just try to damage through their heals.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno is this intended? It wasn't in any of the patch notes as far as I recall.
    PC/EU DC
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    I am trying to do the boss for the achievement, but it is undoable. I am trying it with a group of 6 people and even with trying to burn down the totems he heals completely full again. They pop in at a large amount in a small time with a lot of health.
  • Spacefish2323
    Spacefish2323
    ✭✭✭
    I just attempted this boss today and am seeing the same thing. The totems have 600k HP and three of us max CP players could not kill them faster than they spawned and every time the boss got 50% it would heal back to full.
  • Saoirse_Siobhan
    Saoirse_Siobhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we please get an official confirmation on this?
    I'm not sure who to tag for them to take a look at this...
    PC/EU DC
  • joerginger
    joerginger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. This has been going on for months by now and no word if this is intended or about to be fixed.
  • RealLoveBVB
    RealLoveBVB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is indeed some balancing needed. Give Baxilt-Gah's Skeletons 600k hp too, then we are on the same lvl again :D
  • WhisperLFE
    WhisperLFE
    ✭✭✭
    Totems are of course still at high health. But we were able to burn him down; it seems the totems may be less effective if he's farther away from them..?
  • DarkSajuuk
    DarkSajuuk
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's still broken on XB1, just tried it myself and the totems very much still have 600k HP. Pretty much impossible unless you have a large enough group with enough DPS to just burn down the boss and ignore the totems.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also still broken on ps4. How'd they even break it to begin with?
  • xyphrum
    xyphrum
    ✭✭
    I agree that he was easier when the totems didn't have insane health. But I don't agree that he's impossible to kill.
    As long as you keep the number of spawning totems to the minimum, he'll never heal himself. Here is a solo parse to prove he's not broken: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okyrTqiYgZ4