The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire world boss Walks-Like-Thunder impossible to kill

• IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gave up on that boss ages ago. Thankfully of the two characters that I had ran through Murkmire they both had already gotten his achievement. Do not know what I will do with my other characters.

Also never said he was 'broken'. I stated that the totems had an increase in health and there was no mention of it in any of the patch notes that I could find. I wanted confirmation that it was either intended or an accidental change. Doubt I will get such confirmation.

I did say that he was pretty much invulnerable cause I've never noticed any rhyme or reason that determines which type of totem spawns. But since it seems that some people have figured out how to prevent the healing totems from spawning, and are able to take him down whether it be solo or in groups, doubt they will do anything anyway so long as 'enough people' can manage the content.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed this issue a while ago too. Seems to have been a stealth buff of this boss a few months ago. The old mechanic was to try kill the totems fast when they were up, but that's not possible, you now have to just burn the boss whenever it is not shielded (wait for the shield to expire). It is possible with 4 or more players participating, but definitely helps if you have more.
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried it today with six others (all randoms) after about 30 mins of trying we gave up. Not worth it.

Just wondering, if I drop a daily and pick it up again, will it always be the same? Do I need to wait until tomorrow for a chance at the other boss or can I just keep dropping and re-taking the quest?
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    AdamBourke wrote: »
    Just tried it today with six others (all randoms) after about 30 mins of trying we gave up. Not worth it.

Just wondering, if I drop a daily and pick it up again, will it always be the same? Do I need to wait until tomorrow for a chance at the other boss or can I just keep dropping and re-taking the quest?

It is a daily quest, so if you get Walks-Like-Thunder on a particular day, no matter how much you drop the quest and pick it up on that day you will still get the exact same quest.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly sole way of getting through hit now is by gathering enough dps to burn through the mechanics.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@AdamBourke

1. The Totems have been fixed, they only have about 30K health now.
    2. There seem to be less of the totems now
    3. Killing the Totems still may not be the most efficient way to kill this boss. Or, maybe they are again.

What I found after I posed my response in this thread back in March is to focus on the boss and burn though the Heal Phase. I have been in 6 player pugs that have killed the bag of sticks. I did it once with 4 players, but they were serious damage dealers. After learning to ignore the totems, things go much better. However, just for grins the other night during a guild event, I did target some of the totems and they do go down much quicker than before, so maybe the original mechanics are valid. However, we still just burned the boss down the first two times.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    1. The Totems have been fixed, they only have about 30K health now.
    2. There seem to be less of the totems now
    3. Killing the Totems still may not be the most efficient way to kill this boss. Or, maybe they are again.

They were definitely not in the millions, as I could take one down. There was still quite a lot sometimes (don't know how many you were seeing when you posted originally), it didn't seem to be the same number every time, between 2 and 6ish I think. Hard to count in the heat of battle.

The problem that I had was that it could take as little as 2 seconds for the boss to heal half a million health. we'd have him down to 1.5mil , totem would pop up, and although we would destroy them reasonably quickly, it was never enough.

As a side note... Where can I get some of these totems? They'd be useful in trials...

PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • Castian
    Castian
    ✭✭✭
    Recently i've started farming murkmire for the motifs for my crafter. This miregaunt needs a nerf for its regeneration. Today's right took 18 mins with a party of 6 because of how rapidly it could recover.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m guessing you play a Necromancer since your resurrected this thread.