The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Furnishings and Decorations Bag

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Every item I remove from my home when decorating goes into my main pack. Then I have to go to the bank and deposit them back into my bank storage. I would love to have a bag that holds all our household furnishings and decorations, that these items would be deposited into by default, similar to the craft bag. Please consider this.
PCNA
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often wished for, but not gonna happen. They said so in an official stream once. Due to database issues.
    PC/EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why it can't happen if there can be a crafting bag. But what do I know. :I
    PCNA
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was something about the fact that for the crafting bag, you need amount X of ressources (1 space for ancestor silk, one space for corn flower etc, and if you add to them its just the numbers that are growing, so no matter if you have 1 corn flower or 3000 its the one space, and the number of different ressources grows only slowly, because it only adds a new rune or a new alchemy ingredient like dragon blood now and then.
    But the number of different furniture items is growing constantly, every week with the luxury furniture trader at least one new thing, every time a dlc or chapter launches, something new in the crown shop etc. etc. - that it would be too much is at least the reason they gave.

Thats why I would like at least some of the furniture to be deconstructable like armor and weapons are. So that you can turn it back into at least a part of the ressources it took to craft them, and store those ressources in the crafting bag for later use. Would make a lot of sense to me.
    But no idea if that will ever happen.
    PC/EU
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like at least some of the furniture to be deconstructable like armor and weapons are. So that you can turn it back into at least a part of the ressources it took to craft them, and store those ressources in the crafting bag for later use.

I really like this idea.
    PCNA
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats why I would like at least some of the furniture to be deconstructable like armor and weapons are. So that you can turn it back into at least a part of the ressources it took to craft them, and store those ressources in the crafting bag for later use. Would make a lot of sense to me.
    Thats a intresting idea.

• Andre_Noir
    Andre_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was something about the fact that for the crafting bag, you need amount X of ressources (1 space for ancestor silk, one space for corn flower etc, and if you add to them its just the numbers that are growing, so no matter if you have 1 corn flower or 3000 its the one space, and the number of different ressources grows only slowly, because it only adds a new rune or a new alchemy ingredient like dragon blood now and then.
    But the number of different furniture items is growing constantly, every week with the luxury furniture trader at least one new thing, every time a dlc or chapter launches, something new in the crown shop etc. etc. - that it would be too much is at least the reason they gave.

Blah. It's not a database problem - it's ZOS's laziness only like as always. You can put 700 different items in a manor (but u can get more then a single), 480 items in a bank, 360 item in chest also u can make a mule chars.
    Somehow their brilliant database can hold tons of blueprints but cant hold an items made from them.
    So basicly it's just another part of the story about house limits. They did it wrong once but now they don't wanna work on it. Milky cow have to be alive but not happy nor healthy. So it's better to keep silence or post enigmatic "databse issue" answers from time to time
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that since furniture can stack, it's still essentially only one item that needs to be tracked in a furnishing bag, similar to the crafting bag. Also, new crafting ingredients (including the ever-increasing number of style mats) are being added all the time, as well.

They mentioned not being able to have an armor bag, since those items are treated individually due to a number of reasons - quality, trait, enchantment, current level of durability, dye colors, etc.

Now, furniture could still be an issue due to crafted vs. CS versions of a lot of the furnishings. That and the fact that there are a LOT more furnishings than there are crafting ingredients.